What's new

Religious differences break out again

The Hindu : States / Andhra Pradesh : As protests roil Charminar, Hyderabad

TH21_CHARMINAR_1274518f.jpg

"Contrary to the claims by Hindu groups, an old photograph available with The Hindu shows that the contentious temple dedicated to goddess Bhagyalakshmi is not as old as the Charminar. There is no date stamp on the photograph, but from the presence of the cars, it can be inferred that the photograph was taken about 60 years ago. No temple structure is visible in the picture."

^^^^ Picture on the left looks like a painting rather than a photograph .

that temple should go.. it has no place there..
i think muslims should give it a spin like .. "charminar ke sharanon mein devi?" or something like that.

this kind of stupidity is dense...

charminar should be declared a secular structure.. which it is.. and any religious influence within 500mts of it should not be there.

its not even a bloody temple...

What is the deal man?

The deal is the Kiran Reddy Govt has refused to hand over the Mahavir hospital premises to the Owaisi run medical trust after the current lease expires. Also YSR-CP is the ext big thing in Andhra while Congress is a sinking ship. So it made sense for MIM to ditch the congress on some lame issue and join YSR-CP.

The mandir had been in place for decades and there is no reason why this should become a huge issue just because the tarpaulin on the temple was changed for the festival season.

32348_440664562664057_1608346908_n.jpg

i think muslims should give it a spin like .. "charminar ke sharanon mein devi?" or something like that.

charminar should be declared a secular structure.. which it is.. and any religious influence within 500mts of it should not be there.

By your logic, even the makkah masjid should go rite? Dare to say that near charminar? :angel:

Yeah, also in all city like mathura, kashi etc.

I never understand why people always want secularism from Hindu only ? Is this only one side responsibility to act secular ?

India is facing hundreds issue but this MIM said nothing. weeks long riots in faizabad and now here..
BTW just look at this mim leader comments and people mentality. And whatever they said and did til now is their real face, then better it let be big conflict. By following law Government can only make peace but they can not change their mentality.

If you think they all are doing this to just against temple, then you are wrong. In UP there was no temple issue involved in last 9 riots and still many part of UP faced long curfew.

According to your own LAW constructions within the 100meters of the site is prohibited. installing makeshifts and then making them concernt in violation of the law is encroachment.

many illegal expansions have been made by RSS goons using the name of the temple there

There are many dargahs smack in the middle of busy roads/intersections in many places. But still they are there. No one raised a hissy fit over it.

Muslims have been offering salams at the chilla in charminar. Such things are prohibited in secular and heritage places.

I think you missed the court directives. it clearly called for dertmining the status of the "temporary" installation and the civic authorities given the order of the expansion on the recomendation of ASI. ASI is accused of hands in glove with mandir people.

The court did not call it a temporary structure.But clearly mandir. And it directed the status quo to remain as on Oct 30 which means the shed which was taken off for repairs had to be again put back on, and that is what happened.

No expansion happened anywhere except the gastric trouble of the Owaisi goon-brothers.

So what is the history of the temple? How did it come to be so close to the Charminar? I did a google search and came up with this.

Charminar, once an icon of Hyderabadi pride, now a combat ground of religious dominance | TwoCircles.net

The Charminar was obviously there first and the temple itself doesn't have much historical significance. There should have been no problems in relocating the temple and I think this should be done voluntarily for peace. However now that this has been politicised to this extent, the chances of this being done are very slim indeed.

Why should it be relocated ? The temple is not harming the Char Minar in any way. It is not even physically in contact with it. And even then, the mandir had been in place close to three decades now. Why the sudden hoopla over it ? The reason has nothing to do with char minar or heritage. Owaisi clan were refused the lease of Mahavir hospital premises and they are taking it out on the congress after it called their bluff.

And you seriously dont want to go into the "which was there first" argument in India.

Before you comment on my intelligence why not start by giving references to your assertions.
AFAICT you could be simply spewing some propaganda yourself.

The Hindu : Cities / Hyderabad : Extension of temple illegal - ASI
According to the article the ASI itself is unaware of the origins of that temple.

From the link you quoted

...But officials are sure that the place of worship is existing prior to 1992 when the gazette notification was issued amending the Ancient Monuments and Archaeological Sites and Remains Act of 1958 restricting structures around protected monuments....

So in effect, the temple has been in place before the law itself came.

You seem to be under an illusion that I give a damn about religious places.

How would you go about solving this problem? Destroy the Charminar instead?

Who called for destruction of Char minar ? Why not both structures remain as it is ?

Cause it is bound to be used by the fanatics on both sides.

The issue will be decided by secular law. Was there an existing structure in place when the monument was taken over by the ASI? Does it have any historical connection to the Char Minar? If not, the temple was built as a violation of ASI rules and shouldn't have been allowed to be built in the first place. .

Arey yaar...when the ASI took over there was no rule prohibiting the construction of any structure in its proximity. That specific rule was only incorporated in '92 as a fall out of the Ram Janmabhoomi campaign.

Nobody should be above the law. Not a temple, not a mosque neither a church or gurudwara.

There are hundreds, literally hundreds, of dargahs all over India in public places, middle of roads, intersections. Try touching one and all hell will break loose. Mandirs are a soft target and anyone protesting can be conveniently labelled a saffronist.

The Hindu : States / Andhra Pradesh : As protests roil Charminar, Hyderabad

TH21_CHARMINAR_1274518f.jpg

"Contrary to the claims by Hindu groups, an old photograph available with The Hindu shows that the contentious temple dedicated to goddess Bhagyalakshmi is not as old as the Charminar. There is no date stamp on the photograph, but from the presence of the cars, it can be inferred that the photograph was taken about 60 years ago. No temple structure is visible in the picture."

Thank you very much for the pic. Even without this, the issue is quite telling by itself. The BJP b*tches saying that the Diwali celebrations happen every year and that this Diwali for some reason, the Muslims are creating problems(!!). The only change in the situation is that the BJP got a new whacko president in the state.

see the mosques in kashi mathura etc were done hundreds of years ago by barbarians called muslim invaders. I dont want to stoop down to their level of barbarity.

in my opinion, they shouldnt be razed, but closed for prayers and converted to museum - something like holocaust museum.
however, in this instance, i dont think the temple fits in with charminar.

Thank you very much for the pic. Even without this, the issue is quite telling by itself. The BJP b*tches saying that the Diwali celebrations happen every year and that this Diwali for some reason, the Muslims are creating problems(!!). The only change in the situation is that the BJP got a new whacko president in the state.

Oh please....

319042_467431386633570_2008986763_n.jpg

This is the picture of the mandir last year when Deepavali was celebrated. So why the issue now ?

The issue has nothing to do with the mandir perse. Rather with the issue i mentioned before. About the lease for Mahavir hospital. And about the whacko BJP prez, the whacko MIM needs a whacko BJP prez to keep it in check.

The mandir is about 40 years old and is now part of the faith of the people of Hyderabad and unfortunately MIM has to live with it.

Back
Top Bottom