What's new

Replacement of Pakistan Army's G-3 Rifles.

which?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
so finally they are giving out the upgraded variant....Last time I check, the name given to G-3 with retractable stock was POF - G3S, any info on the changes made to internals? or these are just external changes,
To all those who think we are using the out dated weapon need to look at US Navy Seals M14 Mod 0 , or the Military variant M1a1 ,

gun4l.jpg

45905_192909610854858_896510805_n.jpg
@nuclearpak @farhan_9909 looks pretty similar to this 1 !
398px-Norwegian_AG-3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
How do PA soldiers like the F2000? I did see some photos of soldiers training using the F2000 but can someone tell me what the soldiers think about that. I personally like the Aug A3. It is a very versatile rifle, it is very low vertical climb and recoil, good for medium and long range and very effective with red d o t sight. Other benefits easy and quick reload design. It's design shields it from sand as well.

Pakistani army currently uses the Aug A1.

37433430647656273007711.jpg

Aug A3 holds 32 rounds per magazine while the G3 holds 20 rounds per magazine, you can attach a 50 round drum magazine with the G3 but I wouldn't like to have to rely on that in a close range or medium range combat with heavy fire.

Yeah...

What the heck is the purpose of this thing?

It is not man portable unlike MG3, it doesn't have the same rate of fire (??), the range or anything.

I would still go for a MG3 all day long.

MG3 is great machine gun it is light enough a single soldier can easily mobilize with it and provide cover fire to his unit and gives even small units capability to lay down heavy fire against enemy units.

Aug A3 holds 32 rounds per magazine while the G3 holds 20 rounds per magazine, you can attach a 50 round drum magazine with the G3 but I wouldn't like to have to rely on that in a close range or medium range combat with heavy fire.

a5jpyg.jpg

@DESERT FIGHTER yara can you confirm that whether they have made any changes to the internals of the Gun or is it just the cosmetic changes , btw it looks sexy now
249102_569325819798717_1251191457_n.jpg

Is it just me ... or the barrel (nozzel) also modified:

15yy8ag.jpg

looks like flash suppressor to me - which would be a good thing for night time ops

Last edited by a moderator:
This kind of Man with gun can be deployed on back of other soldiers to back them up and so they can move forward and charge on the enemy by the way it seems Pakistan has made quite some changes in G3 so it can suit them

has the weight also been reduced in the G-3?

Those old wooden stocks and grips, and then the plastic ones were contributing to the weight.

Now you can see the grips and barrel has been trimmed, and also no butt stock but a sliding rail.

I think there would be a reduction of around a kilo perhaps?

has the weight also been reduced in the G-3?

Those old wooden stocks and grips, and then the plastic ones were contributing to the weight.

Now you can see the grips and barrel has been trimmed, and also no butt stock but a sliding rail.

I think there would be a reduction of around a kilo perhaps?
Both Size and Weight needs to be reduced Sir it too huge I can't control my laughter when I see Police man carrying these guns what on earth they have have to do with G3 they should carry Ak-47 by the way I saw yesterday some soldiers carrying that old G3 version that with wood under barrel with lot of wholes

Does anyone know if internal changes are made, if the jamming and recoil issue has been bettered?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom