What's new

Response to strike from Pak will be very heavy: IAF chief

Status
Not open for further replies.

CallsignAlzaeem

Reaction score
NEW DELHI: Indian Air Force (IAF) chief Air Chief Marshal P V Naik on Tuesday said Pakistan's new tactical nuclear missile or expanding arsenal is of no worry to India.

He said India followed a 'no-first-use' nuclear policy but warned its response would be "very heavy" in the event of any nuclear attack on the country.

The IAF chief's statement came following the news report that Pakistan planned to add 24 nuclear-capable, short-range missiles capable of hitting all major Indian cities to its arsenal this year.

The plan is in line with Pakistan's official policy of having what is rhetorically called "maintaining a minimum deterrence", especially against India, the daily quoted sources as saying.

"Our nuclear policy is of no first use. It also talks about a very heavy response in case of a nuclear attack. It talks about a retaliatory and hard response, our policy talks about that," Naik, who demits office this Sunday, told a press conference, PTI reported.

Naik was responding to a query on the new Pakistani tactical nuclear missile 'Nasr' which is touted to be a 'game-changer' in future warfare.

He did not agree that the new missile will be a 'game-changer'.

"Tactical or strategic, it is a nuclear weapon. So, obviously our response would be absolutely violent as per our existing policy. I don't think it is a game-changer," he added.

Pakistan recently successfully tested 'Nasr', a short-range nuclear capable ballistic missile which can hit targets in the range of 60 kms.

Asked if there was any need to be concerned over the assessment in some quarters that Pakistan had an edge over India in terms of the nuclear warheads, the IAF chief said, "there is no need to be worried on this."

Meanwhile, responding to a query on the role of HAL, Naik said that the aerospace PSU had provided great support to the IAF in the last 50-60 years.

He said already some steps were being initiated by the government to streamline the procedures in the company for "improving the quality".

Link :

Response to strike from Pak will be very heavy: IAF chief - The Times of India

Naik is an idiot. Warmongering. You can read the arrogance between the lines. THere is zero chance that anything the Indians will do will end without mutual destruction. If he has such a big mouth why did the IAF did not do anything real after shouting about punitive actions? Why did they never pass Kargill? Because these people have lots of words but no action. It is the same with their products. LCA is the best... We know what it is in reality.

i am sure i saw a similar thread earlier today.......

Naik is an idiot. Warmongering. You can read the arrogance between the lines. THere is zero chance that anything the Indians will do will end without mutual destruction. If he has such a big mouth why did the IAF did not do anything real after shouting about punitive actions? Why did they never pass Kargill? Because these people have lots of words but no action. It is the same with their products. LCA is the best... We know what it is in reality.

ok thks.....:laugh:

IAF says something. Then PAF says something. Then again IAF says something. Both sides only talk. Its been decade both countries just threatening each other with nukes. Nothing else.

NEW DELHI: Indian Air Force (IAF) chief Air Chief Marshal P V Naik on Tuesday said Pakistan's new tactical nuclear missile or expanding arsenal is of no worry to India.

He said India followed a 'no-first-use' nuclear policy but warned its response would be "very heavy" in the event of any nuclear attack on the country.

The IAF chief's statement came following the news report that Pakistan planned to add 24 nuclear-capable, short-range missiles capable of hitting all major Indian cities to its arsenal this year.

The plan is in line with Pakistan's official policy of having what is rhetorically called "maintaining a minimum deterrence", especially against India, the daily quoted sources as saying.

"Our nuclear policy is of no first use. It also talks about a very heavy response in case of a nuclear attack. It talks about a retaliatory and hard response, our policy talks about that," Naik, who demits office this Sunday, told a press conference, PTI reported.

Naik was responding to a query on the new Pakistani tactical nuclear missile 'Nasr' which is touted to be a 'game-changer' in future warfare.

He did not agree that the new missile will be a 'game-changer'.

"Tactical or strategic, it is a nuclear weapon. So, obviously our response would be absolutely violent as per our existing policy. I don't think it is a game-changer," he added.

Pakistan recently successfully tested 'Nasr', a short-range nuclear capable ballistic missile which can hit targets in the range of 60 kms.

Asked if there was any need to be concerned over the assessment in some quarters that Pakistan had an edge over India in terms of the nuclear warheads, the IAF chief said, "there is no need to be worried on this."

Meanwhile, responding to a query on the role of HAL, Naik said that the aerospace PSU had provided great support to the IAF in the last 50-60 years.

He said already some steps were being initiated by the government to streamline the procedures in the company for "improving the quality".

Link :

Response to strike from Pak will be very heavy: IAF chief - The Times of India

To my pakistanis brothers: don't pay attention to childs statement.:pakistan:

PAF Air Chief Marshall Rao Qamar Suleman expected to give a counter statement soon.

If this hot-headed idiot with his schoolyard rhetoric is the best leader the Indians could find to lead their air force, then they have a lot more to worry about than any Pakistani missile.

I mean, what is it with the Indian military brass and their constant desire to talk about their superiority over us? We're in awe of their air force...they can carry precision strikes inside Pakistan...a December 26 deadline. Pffft. At some point, you start to wonder who are they trying to convince: us or themselves?

If this hot-headed idiot with his schoolyard rhetoric is the best leader the Indians could find to lead their air force, then they have a lot more to worry about than any Pakistani missile.

I mean, what is it with the Indian military brass and their constant desire to talk about their superiority over us? We're in awe of their air force...they can carry precision strikes inside Pakistan...a December 26 deadline. Pffft. At some point, you start to wonder who are they trying to convince: us or themselves?

reporters asked him simple question,and he responded them.
what could be ur answer if u would have been asked same question???will you say that we will think or bla bla...???
so u ppl are just scratching ur head too much...and btw,we are enemies so dont expect anything good from us and same with us.

reporters asked him simple question,and he responded them.
what could be ur answer if u would have been asked same question???will you say that we will think or bla bla...???
so u ppl are just scratching ur head too much...and btw,we are enemies so dont expect anything good from us and same with us.

That wasn't a response, it was a vitriolic rant. Sounded pretty insecure to me. Sure, Pakistan tested a missile. Test your own. Talk about your own military advances rather than moan to your media like a seven year old child. Doesn't he understand diplomacy? And why should he care about what the media thinks? What bearing does a newspaper scribe have on how he chooses his words?

Like Teddy Roosevelt said, "speak softly and carry a big stick." No need for this ill-advised bluster.

And I know that India and Pakistan are enemies. A lot of the time I wish they weren't. We're not so different from each other, you know.

That wasn't a response, it was a vitriolic rant. Sounded pretty insecure to me. Sure, Pakistan tested a missile. Test your own. Talk about your own military advances rather than moan to your media like a seven year old child. Doesn't he understand diplomacy? And why should he care about what the media thinks? What bearing does a newspaper scribe have on how he chooses his words?

And I know that India and Pakistan are enemies. A lot of the time I wish they weren't. We're not so different from each other, you know.

2 days back..articles were published which said pakistan added 24 missiles and in that article was dedicated for india.that it can target every part of india..
if u have added missiles,then wat is the meaning of mentioning india in the article...dont we know it??

anyway,my pov is..this is going both sides.

oh snap! I was under the impression the IAF was just going to sit there and let Pakistan do whatever it likes...seriously guys. Does a guy need to impart false bravado when he is describing HIS job. What else would the IAF do but retaliate and do so in a significant manner? I am just amazed people get riled up by these statements...though I agree they are unneeded and add tension to a situation that is already volatile...the man is simply saying what he would obviously do, since he is payed for that very reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom