What's new

Results of my DNA test

Hi, yes tribes.

that’s what it seems like for many Pakistanis.

Hi, I’m not exactly sure the differences between the two.

I took the ancestry exam with ancestry.com and then shared my dna results with the university and they posted this.

My Ancestry results show 70% central Asian and 30% northern / western Indian. It’s somehow misleading because during the past 1000 years, you had Muslim traders and soldiers settled all over India so if one of their descendants took this test, it’ll show up as having the closest genetic match to them. They shared the connections I might to other ancestry customers and it was pretty accurate because one of my cousins in Canada shows up lol.

I think the Central Asian heritage that makes up a large proportion of most Pakistanis is more Iranian than it is for example Uzbek or Kazakh.

This is very interesting actually, and perhaps even more mysterious for Azad Kashmiris and the natives in IOK. (Not the Indian invaders). A couple of my relatives took this test about a year or two back, and they all had very high percentages of Ashkenazi Jew ethnicities (5+%) as well as a majority of Arab/Iranic ancestry too. The weirdest part is that it also had a large percentage of European ancestry (8+%)

The ethnicity of Kashmiris is mostly unknown from genetic records or historical records, as their history has be wrecked over and over by Western invasions and mongol invasions, as well as the destruction caused by mass Indian and indus migration, which also lead to a large ethnic cleansing of the Kashmiri people through genocide, by the Indian Subcontinent and the Mongols.

In short, we share very little in terms of ethnicity, with modern Pakistanis and Indians and are in a class of our own entirely.
Perhaps one day, the mystery of our people can be solved, but for now it’s just guess work and very confusing DNA tests

Attachments

• 2A971A06-281A-4139-A061-BBE9DBE86CD5.jpeg
    2A971A06-281A-4139-A061-BBE9DBE86CD5.jpeg
    445.3 KB · Views: 24
You got Gujrati genes.

Seems your ancestors fooled around quite a bit. Just kidding.

:lol:
Likely more to do with folks moving around a lot during the last 500 years. Wasn’t Northern India more developed during the Mughal Empire so a lot of folks naturally gravitated towards the seat of the power and parts of the undivided South Asia?

Likely more to do with folks moving around a lot during the last 500 years. Wasn’t Northern India more developed during the Mughal Empire so a lot of folks naturally gravitated towards the seat of the power and parts of the undivided South Asia?

Indian Gujrat is more souf than Karanchi bro.

Need to get mine too, I would be very surprised if I have local South asian genes in my Gene pool.

interesting ! Werent Mirza of persian descent? Sayyed officers are from middle east.
I am getting mine done too. Would be interesting.
My maternal Grandpa was born in Kanhdar , my Grandama was born in Srinagar.
Both my paternal grandparents are Sayed Gilanis.

Oh, bhai, don't tell me you're somewhat related to the current political Gilani family.

On a serious note regarding these kind of tests, I would like to warn all my brothers and sisters to avoid those DNA tests…
Do it only if necessary (to identify some disease etc..
I don’t know why but I have strong bad feelings about the real goal of the collection of DNA of maximum of people.

Something really sinister is at work.

I understand It’s really funny to know from where I come, but it doesn’t change anything in my life as I won’t go to meet my fat far far cousins, uncles, Aunties… 😁

Last edited:
On a serious note regarding these kind of tests, I would like to warn all my brothers and sisters to avoid those DNA tests…
Do it only if necessary (to identify some disease etc..
I don’t know why but I have strong bad feelings about the real goal of the collection of DNA of maximum of people.

Something really sinister is at work.

I understand It’s really funny to know from where I come, but it doesn’t change anything in my life as I won’t go to meat my fat far far cousins, uncles, Aunties… 😁

Yes, these companies once served a warrant or FOIA have to hand over any evidence. And some even upload the data to police and FBI national database.

@Genghis khan1 would know more.

I don't trust these reports, as most of the time their reference data is very limited. So rather than giving exact results they give approximate results. For example a Punjabi can be approximated as a Tamil.
That is the crux of the issue. If the database doesn't have at least 100,000 (preferably a million) South Asian data points, what you got are a bunch of random numbers. Blind men and elephant problem.

Back
Top Bottom