What's new

Risking it all - Pakistan : Al Jazeera

ZaYYaF

Reaction score
Hi people, this is quite an amazing video of a trip by a truck from Dir to Chitral via the Lowari Pass also known as the Hell's Road. Brave and courageous people to do such jobs in such difficult terrains. Best parts for me were when the driver answered to a question with "When you are poor, you have no other choice." And also the part where the younger brother of the driver gets his 'driving reward'. The subtitles are not accurate, but you will get the gist of what they are talking about, Pushto speaking members can also help. Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
@2:40. The truck driver's playing an Indian Bollywood song. The singer is Alka Yagnik, a popular Hindi playback singer. ;)

@2:40. The truck driver's playing an Indian Bollywood song. The singer is Alka Yagnik, a popular Hindi playback singer. ;)

So???

Hope you arent implying that this is something unusual..

Lowari tunnel is under construction that will end the difficulties of these people.

Hope you enjoyed the whole video and not just that bit. No matter how tough one's life can be, he still will have some opportunity to bring back bread to his family, that is what I get from the video.

This show by AJ is the western equivalent of "Most Dangerous Jobs"
i recommend watching the rest of these documentaries..

A little late, considering that Current did a story about this quite a while ago.

I couldn't find a link to the whole video. Will post if I find it.

This happened in India, but I'm thinking this probably happens in Pakistan as well.....anyone have any videos?

Ummmm, hi.....

Dont get me wrong, i like AJE for the most part. But this isnt Al Jazeera's report. They just copied oh about 85-90% of the idea from ''Deadliest Journeys'' (including footage) and are painting it as their own.

I've been on the Pass, last time was in 2006. Had an oldschool Landcruiser with twin fuel tanks, a lot of music and some good times. It's a lot like parts of Bolivia. High heights, thin oxygen supply at many parts, and unpredictable terrain. I'll have to find my old hard-drive so I can upload some pictures. I have a few on Pak-Wheels website.

anyyyways. . .

Back
Top Bottom