What's new

Rohingya!

Hi,

When the citizens of a nation are lost---all is lost---.

Bangladesh is happy with its independence and we should also be happy that they have found what they were looking for.

Sir its time to move forward .............. make alliances counter the enemy tactics .......... Rohingya's plight is our opportunity to break that isolation in the region myth. Bangladesh cannot refuse a helping hand ........

:rofl: right, while they still demand official apology from us to this very day but we are the ones living in the past?

Pakistan Needs To Apologize For War Crimes, Says Bangladesh Government- Express Tribune

Anyhow, as regards the Rohingya, I have no issue in providing them food and medical assistance. Certainly no one wants to be in that kind of situation. And yes, as a Muslim I do sympathize with them. But Pakistan is in no position to contradict big daddy China what with all the big investments the Chinese have made in Pakistan.

Whether you like that or not its the reality.

Do you really think the new daddy invested out of love for Pakistan and Pakistanis? They won't involve themselves even if Pakistan is going to be nuked unless they have some major stake their own interest ......... try looking at it from that angle may be it will help you understand its not a unilateral dependence ......... Pakistan should play to exploit and enjoy exerting influence for the first time (may be).

@MastanKhan (related a bit to your stance) every now and then an opportunity knocks at the doors of spineless Pakistanis and they start looking sideways, searching for a new daddy to look to. india used its influence in Bangladesh and tried isolating Pakistan, and it succeeded ..... now an opportunity arises to counter that mend ties between two nations ......... but ignorant racist Pakistanis still refuse to forget what happened in 1971 (when most of them weren't even born then), imagine the defeat new Dehli would feel when they loose Bangladesh ....... but what to do, can't help narrow minded racists to think broader ....... they think they are doing a service to Pakistan by lending unconditional support to a new daddy but in reality they have zero knowledge of region and whats happening in this region. I am sure they aren't even aware of customer locking concept ......... the CPEC was first step to it ..... but somehow that too translated into slavery. Global influence and using that influence to make our voice being heard and earn respect for Pakistan are alien terms for them ......... they want to live in a pond with their eyes closed and thinking now we have found a new daddy and nobody is going to hurt us. Laughable or pitiable I find it hard to make my mind.
Btw FYI I have been very critical of the one-sided trade deals with China because they have been very detrimental to Pakistan's local economy and gave Chinese tremendous advantage at our own expense. Just ask @The Sandman and @Psychic .

Our democratically elected leaders have done such a fine job is screwing over the Pakistani people.

But what's done is done. The question now is can Pakistan afford to contradict official Chinese policy when we are dependent on their support on major domestic and foreign issues pertaining to Kashmir and the rivalry with India?

i agree, once own interests are catered for, then help can be sent across externally also. I do think that even UN aid arriving in Myanmar for Rohingayas has been blocked.

Pakistani relief workers are not preoccupied, God forbid we are not struck with any natural calamity or a war like situation ........... the time is ripe to send them, Sikhs have outperformed us in this. Bangladesh Government most probably won't refuse a helping hand or else it will have to speed up efforts to prove that they don't need others. Its a humanitarian cause at the borders of Bangladesh and Myanmar ...... and an opportunity to win an alliance in the region ........ indian modi has already made his move out of his hatred for Muslims.

Do you really think the new daddy invested out of love for Pakistan and Pakistanis? They won't involve themselves even if Pakistan is going to be nuked unless they have some major stake their own interest ......... try looking at it from that angle may be it will help you understand its not a unilateral dependence ......... Pakistan should play to exploit and enjoy exerting influence for the first time (may be).
I think we had that bargaining chip in the form of the economic corridor and we just gave it away, or at least our "democratically" elected politicians and bureaucrats did like they always do.

But what's done is done. The question now is can Pakistan afford to contradict official Chinese policy when we are dependent on their support on major domestic and foreign issues pertaining to Kashmir and the rivalry with India?

Why don't we let the benefits of CPEC sink ....... let them get used to it ........ try understanding they won't invest a penny unless it brings them huge rewards. Businesses sometimes do exploit the situation ..... it would be either them exploiting us (if we choose to remain spineless) or we exerting our influence.

Our democratically elected leaders have done such a fine job is screwing over the Pakistani people.
Rigging, corruption and backing by the establishment at that time brought them in.
Election-2013 was the most rigged election in the history of Pakistan.

We need to review all the deals keeping Pakistan's interests in mind. The corrupt people always keep their interest in mind and screw the nation.

I think we had that bargaining chip in the form of the economic corridor and we just gave it away, or at least our "democratically" elected politicians and bureaucrats did like they always do.

Its still the investment phase ........ the reaping of benefits hasn't started yet ....... nothing is lost.

Under Myanmar’s military-drafted constitution, Suu Kyi does not have control over the army. It is independent of her civilian-led government. The army controls the police, security services, prisons, border affairs and most of the civil service, and also appoints 25 percent of the members of parliament. Because 75 percent of MPs need to vote in favor of a constitutional change, Min Aung Hlaing effectively has a veto. He leads a second government in Myanmar, one armed with guns.

Why then is everyone blaming the Lady ?

Does not this ' arrangement' remind you of another nation in S Asia ?

Because Ummah does not exist. I dare you to ask the average Egyptian or Jordanian or Lebanese or Morrocan what Kashmir is or where its located on the map and they won't be able to tell you a damn thing about it. At most some of them might say it's a type of cloth.
They won't even think twice before supporting India on issues like Kashmir
https://www.dawn.com/news/399871
They do not care about the "inferior" non-Arabs anyways.
There must be a give and take relationship of Pakistan with other countries of the "ummah". A one-sided love affair has only harmed us in the long and short term. If we consider their enemies to be our enemies then they must do the same but the fact is that they are not willing to do it for us.

Btw FYI I have been very critical of the one-sided trade deals with China because they have been very detrimental to Pakistan's local economy and gave Chinese tremendous advantage at our own expense. Just ask @The Sandman and @Psychic .

We talked about it before as well. It is a give and take relationship, China has also gained a lot by partnering with Pakistan. The strategic partnership is based on mutual interests and not some emotional bond as is often portrayed in the media.

They won't even think twice before supporting India on issues like Kashmir
https://www.dawn.com/news/399871
They do not care about the "inferior" non-Arabs anyways.
There must be a give and take relationship of Pakistan with other countries of the "ummah". A one-sided love affair has only harmed us in the long and short term. If we consider their enemies to be our enemies then they must do the same but the fact is that they are not willing to do it for us.
Exactly bro!! It is very obvious that they use Islam to manipulate us when they need us to do their work. They will always invoke the holy sites as a reason for us to come to their defense because they know that we are an emotional people who love our religion. This is our Achilles heel. But they don't reciprocate the same commitment to us. And honestly speaking, to expect them to do so is naive on our part because any nation will use any means at it's disposal to look after it's own interests.

I'm all for having great relations with countries who's interests align with ours but it has to be based on mutual respect and a two way street. Not a one sided circus show like it has always been in our history.

Why then is everyone blaming the Lady ?

Does not this ' arrangement' remind you of another nation in S Asia ?
Because she had been used as cover up for army. She should not had backed army instead expose the army.

Because she had been used as cover up for army. She should not had backed army instead expose the army.

Are you new to the world of Politics ?

Is She the only leader in our part of the world in such a situation where he/ she is used as a front ?

Exactly bro!! It is very obvious that they use Islam to manipulate us when they need us to do their work. They will always invoke the holy sites as a reason for us to come to their defense because they know that we are an emotional people who love our religion. This is our Achilles heel. But they don't reciprocate the same commitment to us. And honestly speaking, to expect them to do so is naive on our part because any nation will use any means at it's disposal to look after it's own interests.

I'm all for having great relations with countries who's interests align with ours but it has to be based on mutual respect and a to way street. Not a one sided circus show like it has always been in our history.
With the Arabs, it has always been a one sided love affair, however there are countries like Turkey, Bosnia and Azerbaijan which have always supported Pakistan on issues like Kashmir regardless of the consequences of such support. These countries have always reciprocated our gestures. We can forge alliances with such countries instead of looking towards the Arabs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom