What's new

RSS to eulogise Bangladesh’s national poet Kazi Nazrul Islam as ‘good Hindu’

Areesh

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) has found in Bangladesh’s national poet Kazi Nazrul Islam an epitome of a “good Hindu”. The revolutionary-poet’s “nationalism”, which the Sangh says is reflected in his opposition to the British imperial rule in India and his efforts at uniting Hindus and Muslims, has earned him the epithet.

To honour the poet-laureate, the Sangh is planning to mark his birth anniversary on May 25 in West Bengal. It will also translate Nazrul’s works into all Indian languages. A Hindi translation of 39-poems by him is expected to hit the stands by the year-end.

“Being Hindu is not practising a religion, but a way of life. Kazi Nasrul practised Islam, yet he lived as a dedicated Hindu, fighting for Indian ethos and against the British,” RSS’s West Bengal unit secretary Jishnu Basu said.

The RSS, and its protege the BJP have been in conflict with the Trinamool government in West Bengal over what they allege is the “government’s vote bank policy”. While the TMC accuses the RSS and BJP of perpetrating anti-minority sentiments, the Sangh at a meeting of its highest decisionmaking body in March, passed a resolution expressing “grave concern” over “violence against Hindus” in the state.

It condemned the Mamata Bannerjee government for failing to check “unabated rise in violence by jihadi elements in West Bengal, encouragement to the anti-national elements”

Eulogising Nazrul, a Muslim as the “good Hindu”, is also an attempt to reposition the Sangh as an inclusive organisation not opposed to Muslims, but to the radicalised sections. In the past statements by RSS functionaries describing all Indians as Hindus have been criticised as an attempt to obliterate religious identities.

“Hinduism is not clearly understood by a lot of people. When the RSS says Hinduism it does not mean a communal school of thought that wants to throw out Muslims. I tell people Nazrul was a better Hindu because he was a nationalist,” Basu said.

On why the Sangh has chosen to co-opt Nazrul who passed away in Bangladesh in 1976, Sangh ideologue Rakesh Sinha said, “The Sangh puts Nazrul like former President Abdul Kalam on a pedestal, because he identified the bonds between philosophy, culture and spirituality. He was a revolutionary secular.”

Nazrul’s works capturing his rebellion against the colonial forces, his writings on Durga Puja and goddess Kali, will also be introduced to the Sangh affiliates.

“We have been celebrating his memory by singing Nazrul geet (songs written and composed by him) at various events; this was also done on the 150th year celebrations of Swami Vivekananda,” Basu said.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india...-good-hindu/story-a1RgOk3YlAh5sRoPLDXVnK.html

Nazrul Islam was a Patriot... He united Hindus and Muslims irrespective of religion on Nationalism... Sangh and Hindu Nationalist have always admired great people like him...

The Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) has found in Bangladesh’s national poet Kazi Nazrul Islam an epitome of a “good Hindu”. The revolutionary-poet’s “nationalism”, which the Sangh says is reflected in his opposition to the British imperial rule in India and his efforts at uniting Hindus and Muslims, has earned him the epithet.

To honour the poet-laureate, the Sangh is planning to mark his birth anniversary on May 25 in West Bengal. It will also translate Nazrul’s works into all Indian languages. A Hindi translation of 39-poems by him is expected to hit the stands by the year-end.

“Being Hindu is not practising a religion, but a way of life. Kazi Nasrul practised Islam, yet he lived as a dedicated Hindu, fighting for Indian ethos and against the British,” RSS’s West Bengal unit secretary Jishnu Basu said.

The RSS, and its protege the BJP have been in conflict with the Trinamool government in West Bengal over what they allege is the “government’s vote bank policy”. While the TMC accuses the RSS and BJP of perpetrating anti-minority sentiments, the Sangh at a meeting of its highest decisionmaking body in March, passed a resolution expressing “grave concern” over “violence against Hindus” in the state.

It condemned the Mamata Bannerjee government for failing to check “unabated rise in violence by jihadi elements in West Bengal, encouragement to the anti-national elements”

Eulogising Nazrul, a Muslim as the “good Hindu”, is also an attempt to reposition the Sangh as an inclusive organisation not opposed to Muslims, but to the radicalised sections. In the past statements by RSS functionaries describing all Indians as Hindus have been criticised as an attempt to obliterate religious identities.

“Hinduism is not clearly understood by a lot of people. When the RSS says Hinduism it does not mean a communal school of thought that wants to throw out Muslims. I tell people Nazrul was a better Hindu because he was a nationalist,” Basu said.

On why the Sangh has chosen to co-opt Nazrul who passed away in Bangladesh in 1976, Sangh ideologue Rakesh Sinha said, “The Sangh puts Nazrul like former President Abdul Kalam on a pedestal, because he identified the bonds between philosophy, culture and spirituality. He was a revolutionary secular.”

Nazrul’s works capturing his rebellion against the colonial forces, his writings on Durga Puja and goddess Kali, will also be introduced to the Sangh affiliates.

“We have been celebrating his memory by singing Nazrul geet (songs written and composed by him) at various events; this was also done on the 150th year celebrations of Swami Vivekananda,” Basu said.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india...-good-hindu/story-a1RgOk3YlAh5sRoPLDXVnK.html
the guy has gone coo coo.... his point? well in this case he was also a good christian, jew, sikh, atheist, zoloastrian... lmao he needs to work on his words... the term is "a good human", yeah he have my permission to use that and yeah he is welcome.

ps. i think poems, songs etc lose their essence when translated into another language... for ex. urdu poems by kazi nazrul islam will lose its sweetness when translated to bangla and vice versa...

Nazrul Islam was a Patriot... He united Hindus and Muslims irrespective of religion on Nationalism... Sangh and Hindu Nationalist have always admired great people like him...
Kazi Nazrul was a Bengali genius 2nd only to Rabindranath Tagore.Aside from novels,poetry,non fictions he also composed around 4000 songs which are all time classic in Bengali language.He got the title of 'Kafir' during his life time by the mullah brigade for his staunch secular view and satire of mullah and religious fanaticism,but he also wrote highest number of Islamic gazzals which remain most popular till date.He also wrote a large number of Hindu devotional songs(Shyma Sangeet).He wrote anti British poems for which he was jailed.We know him as a rebel poet.Most striking things about him is that,all these things he done before his 40 years of age.After that he became physically and mentally paralyzed by incurable Pick's disease.He lived 36 more years.Imagine what he could gift us if he was normal all those 36 years!

Kazi Nazrul was a Bengali genius 2nd only to Rabindranath Tagore.Aside from novels,poetry,non fictions he also composed around 4000 songs which are all time classic in Bengali language.He got the title of 'Kafir' during his life time by the mullah brigade for his staunch secular view and satire of mullah and religious fanaticism,but he also wrote highest number of Islamic gazzals which remain most popular till date.He also wrote a large number of Hindu devotional songs(Shyma Sangeet).He wrote anti British poems for which he was jailed.We know him as a rebel poet.Most striking things about him is that,all these things he done before his 40 years of age.After that he became physically and mentally paralyzed by incurable Pick's disease.He lived 36 more years.Imagine what he could gift us if he was normal all those 36 years!
i remember my dad saying that tagore did some black magic so that he couldn't speak which is why he didn;t win the nobel and tagore won.... hilarious but is there any truth to this? dad says nazrul was better by miles compared to tagore.

i remember my dad saying that tagore did some black magic so that he couldn't speak which is why he didn;t win the nobel and tagore won.... hilarious but is there any truth to this? dad says nazrul was better by miles compared to tagore.
This is most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.Rabindranath won noble prize when Nazrul was a child.This hilarious propaganda was circulated during Pakistan period by the close associate of rulers.They considered Rabindranath as a threat and actually banned him from radio, tv of East Pakistan.But that move backfired, we resisted that move and doubled our devotion to Rabindranath.

Last edited:
This is most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.Rabindranath won noble prize when Nazrul was a child.This hilarious propaganda was circulated during Pakistan period by the close associate of rulers.They considered Rabindranath as a threat and actually banned him from radio, tv of East Pakistan.But that move backfired, we resisted that move and doubled our devotion to Rabindranath.
oh well... xD my dad was around 9-10 i guess during east pakistan days... hence that info lmao :rofl:

This dude was a kaffir or not?
well he married a hindu... which is not permissible for a muslim but then who am i to say if she is a devout muslim or a kafir.... i wouldn;t dare to say something like that when i myself am just a human.

oh well... xD my dad was around 9-10 i guess during east pakistan days... hence that info lmao :rofl:

well he married a hindu... which is not permissible for a muslim but then who am i to say if she is a devout muslim or a kafir.... i wouldn;t dare to say something like that when i myself am just a human.

What I mean to say is that he married a hindu, he wrote hindu songs about hindu Gods (shirk) and the RSS love him and they are hindu fanatics

so he wasent a muslim, otherwise RSS would have hated him, right

Apparently he was a great patriot.

That's what matters here.

A patriot to who?

What I mean to say is that he married a hindu, he wrote hindu songs about hindu Gods (shirk) and the RSS love him and they are hindu fanatics

A patriot to who?

RSS does have a minority division; you know that right?

Well considering that we have an airport in his honour in West Bengal today called Nazrul Islam airport in Durgapur, obviously he was an Indian patriot.

A patriot to who?

He committed shirk in every way possible. Let's just respect his poetic ability.

Back
Top Bottom