ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States
Russia aims to start making MiG-35 fighters for India in 2013

Air Force News — By RIA Novosti on August 17, 2009 at 5:41 am

www.defence talk.com

NIZHNY NOVGOROD:
Production of MiG-35 multirole fighters offered for sale to India cannot start before 2013 or 2014, a Russian aircraft maker said on Thursday.

Russia's MiG-35 Fulcrum-F, an export version of the MiG-29M OVT (Fulcrum F), is a highly maneuverable air superiority fighter, which won high acclaim during the Le Bourget air show in France last year.

"We have begun testing the MiG-35 fighter for the Indian tender," said Alexander Karezin, general director of the Sokol company based in Nizhny Novgorod.

Six major aircraft makers - Lockheed and Boeing from the United States, Russia's MiG, which is part of the UAC, France's Dassault, Sweden's Saab and the EADS consortium of British, German, Spanish and Italian companies - are in contention to win the $10 billion contract for 126 light fighters to be supplied to the Indian Air Force.

Sokol earlier said that the first two MiG-35 aircraft would be delivered to India in August for test flights prior to the award of the tender. In late 2009, Russia will conduct a series of flight tests with live firing for an Indian Air Force delegation at one of the testing grounds on the Russian territory.

The fighter is powered by RD-33 OVT thrust vectoring engines. The RD-33 OVT engines provide superior maneuverability and enhance the fighter's performance in close air engagements.

Moscow said if MiG-35 wins the tender, Russia is ready to transfer all key technology to India's Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd.:what: and provide assistance for the production of the aircraft in the country

^^^ man this is old news if you want to clarify something lets discuss it in the indian defence MMRCA thread ...you are certainly welcome there no need to stick to pakistani milatry aviation thread:-)

^^^ man this is old news if you want to clarify something lets discuss it in the indian defence MMRCA thread ...you are certainly welcome there no need to stick to pakistani milatry aviation thread:-)

i am , really sory!
but i never seen it in pak , section!;)
i will some day, my old enemies over thier , with some friends!;):D

2013-14 So Russian are not front runners in MMRCA.

Russia has signed an up gradation program to upgrade a no of Mig 29's to almost the Mig-35 standard with India....so not a total loss for the Russians.

i am , really sory!
but i never seen it in pak , section!

no mate i said we can discuss mrca topic in a better way here thats all

It's high time india reduces in dependence on Russia.........MiG-35........India does not need this type of fighter.........

i dont think there's any role vacant that this plane will fill in IAF

typical game goes on again and again:

sign the deal in say, 2010, agreed to deliver on 2015 say.
request the price to e doubled in 2014.
3 years delay
agreed to the new price tag
aircraft delivery happens in 2018.

:bounce::bounce:

I think we should go for Rafael and we should upgrade all our MIG 29s to MIG 35 standard..Just think about using Rafael and Sukhois as offensive weapons and MIG 35s with ASEA radar and High TVC as defensive weapon

India should only buy huge orders if at least 50% is made domestically in India.

Back
Top Bottom