What's new

Russia exports $12 billion worth of weapons in 2011

Project 627

Reaction score
064225.jpg

Military exports Russia in 2011 amounted to about $ 12 billion. On this, as reports "Interfax", said General Director of State Corporation "Russian Technologies" Chemezov. According to him, the supply of military products in the line of "Rosoboronexport" in the past year amounted to 10.7 billion dollars. "This year will be over 12 billion. It's just," - said Chemezov, noting that such a forecast can make the current portfolio volume of export orders.

The current portfolio of orders for the Russian military products is 30-35 billion dollars. "Backlog we have enough big, and he actually does not decrease. There are some fluctuations. Usually by the end of the year is reduced, then at the beginning of the year again increased. But overall trend is positive," - said Chemezov. On sales of military equipment Russia ranks second in the world after the United States. In early December 2011 the Office of Military Cooperation (DSCA) Pentagon announced that U.S. military exports in 2011 was 34.8 billion dollars.

In December last year it was reported that the volume of military exports through the "Rosoboronexport" in 2011 amounted to about ten billion dollars, with a total final volume of sales projected at $ 11 billion. According to Deputy General Director of "Rosoboronexport" Viktor Komardin, last year, Russia has signed contracts for the supply of arms and military equipment to 70 countries.

Ðîññèéñêèé âîåííûé ýêñïîðò äîñòèã 12 ìèëëèàðäîâ äîëëàðîâ - ÂÏÊ.name

Is Russian looking to sale Mi-17V7s to Pakistan Army and Air Force as PA has a requirement of around 100 Medium lift Choppers and PAF has 20 such machines as well. I think the PAA should order or PAC should license produce these at home, 50 for PAA and 20 PAF.

I have a question, why are so many Russian aricrafts blue-green /sea green, including the avionics?? Is it because they don't paint all the ways through?

I have a question, why are so many Russian aricrafts blue-green /sea green, including the avionics?? Is it because they don't paint all the ways through?

That is mostly Sukhoi. I beleive the reason for the color is because they beleive it will blend in, but honestly it looks like puke and it really does not blend in well considering skies are often overcast. In my opinion the color is a silly.

The new SU-34's are painted dark grey/black for the top half and green/blue for the bottom. Although the black scheme looks good it does not look good with the green blue. Who ever comes up with these color schemes needs to be fired.

Is Russian looking to sale Mi-17V7s to Pakistan Army and Air Force as PA has a requirement of around 100 Medium lift Choppers and PAF has 20 such machines as well. I think the PAA should order or PAC should license produce these at home, 50 for PAA and 20 PAF.

the Russian are notorious when it comes to money . where is Pakistan getting the money to buy these 100 choppers from?

I wonder who are the next 8 after Russia
Military Exports 2001-2010:

1 United States
2 Russia
3 Germany
4 France
5 United Kingdom
6 China
7 Netherlands
8 Sweden
9 Italy
10 Israel

well Russia still is ages behind the biggest advocator of peace and democracy in this field

That is mostly Sukhoi. I beleive the reason for the color is because they beleive it will blend in, but honestly it looks like puke and it really does not blend in well considering skies are often overcast. In my opinion the color is a silly.

The new SU-34's are painted dark grey/black for the top half and green/blue for the bottom. Although the black scheme looks good it does not look good with the green blue. Who ever comes up with these color schemes needs to be fired.

Perhaps a Russian artist can be hired to come up with a scheme such as the one for the F-4 done by Keith Ferris.

---------- Post added at 08:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

the Russian are notorious when it comes to money . where is Pakistan getting the money to buy these 100 choppers from?

Part self financed, part on loans.. part from military assistance.

Back
Top Bottom