What's new

Russia rants at India's military buy !

you are the catalyst.

He was right, none of the P5 will want to see the share of their veto power getting further divided.

Blame on China will still not change anything, other P5 members will not let you become the newest member even China does make the agreement. :coffee:

You naughty Indians how could you do this to your Fraaaaaand. You are angering the bear.

Already getting 25 billion+ for the PMF and how many years / cost overruns have taken place over that deteriorated Aircraft carrier and the MiG-29 upgrade are some of the others i can think of. Only now are we getting a cut of the Indian defense pie and for good reason because the Indians are tired of waiting around and paying extra for equivalent if not better military equipment from us.

i'm betting $5 that russia will jack up the price of PAKFA and many other tricks to milk em indians around the delivery date line. bump this thread up to collect your $5 if i am wrong..:lol:

i'm betting $5 that russia will jack up the price of PAKFA and many other tricks to milk em indians around the delivery date line. bump this thread up to collect your $5 if i am wrong..:lol:

Gee...You lose the bet. :rofl:

Damn.. $5 is too low and measly an amount... but probably you knew that you'd lose. That's why. :laugh:

Russians started buying Indian radar computers, instead.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...crore-order-procuring-34-radar-computers.html

Expect, India to sell radar computers for PAK-FA to russian next. :laugh:

Russia is in a catch 22 situation. It is slowly realizing that India today is in far better position both teconomically and politically to cherry pick technology of its choice. Till about 2 decades aago we had to look towards Russia be it defence, nuclear or hi end engineering. There is no denying the fact that russia helped us along but in number of fields India was buying from Russia owing to lack of options.
Kremlin must b eslowly realizing that US and its allies are leaning to India and in open competitions Russia stands little chances of winning (MMRCA, Chinook, Apache, Airbus MAR etc..).
I therefore see future of Indo-Russian defence co-operation in terms of Joint venture where India would have an equal say and off the shelf purchases might become a rarity.

Russia remains a key defense technology exporter: Komardin

TNN | Feb 10, 2013, 03.58 PM IST

Russia remains a key defense technology exporter: Komardin - The Times of India

BANGALORE: Russia is still a key defense technology exporter to India said deputy general director of Russia's state arms exporter, Rosoboronexport, Viktor Komardin, on Friday, on the sidelines of AeroIndia 2013.

"We have helped develop the Indian defence system since the very beginning. And we are still an important strategic parnter for Government of India, in the sphere of defence, sharing technology, and exporting weapons and material," said Komardin, who heads the Russian delegation at the upcoming Aero India 2013.

Russia, which accounts for about 70 per cent of Indian defence purchases, has lost four crucial multi-billion dollar bids to American or European firms, since Aero show 2011. Also, the country faces growing competition on the Indian defense market as India diversified military imports in the past few years.

In the recent past, US-based Boeing won the tender for attack and heavy left copters beating the Russian MI-28 and MI-26, respectively, Dassault Aviation from France bagged $11 billion (about Rs 55,000 crore) deal for 126 fighter jets, leaving Russian MiG-35 and four others out.

"We provide India with the cheapest and most substantial options and we are open to technology transfers with you unlike most other Western countries," said Komardin.

Komardin was referring to the Indian deals with US defense companies.

He, however, declined to answer the reason behind the Russian companies failing to some clinch key deals in the recent times.

"You (Indian media) often give us bad publicity and don't highlight us as your country's most important strategic partner," he said adding, "My criticism is not towards the Government of India but the media."

In 2012, Russia finalised over $3.5 billion new arms export agreements with India, which includes the purchase of 71 Mi-17B-5 Hip helicopters and the delivery of assembly kits for 42 Su-30MKI Flanker fighters, while the current portfolio of Indian contracts is worth more than $7 billion.

Rosoboronexport ships at least $3 billion worth of weapons and material annually under the contracts that have already been signed with the Indian state clients, Komardin said.

"We are also talking over plans to upgrade India's fleet of Ka-28 anti-submarine helicopters and Su-30MKIs, and to supply a batch of Mi-17V-5 to the Indian interior ministry," he said.

At the Aero India 2013, Rosoboronexport will present the Yak-130 combat trainer, II-78MK-90 tanker, latst II-76MD-90A military transport aircraft, Be-200 multipurpose amphibian, Mi-35M, Mi26T2, Ka 31 and Ka 226T helicopters and other samples of Russian aircraft industry like training aids and airborne weapons.

Back
Top Bottom