What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

Russian losses in military hardware are inching ever closer to 40% of their total. They effectively lost 3 full armies there, out of 10 armies they have. I did a bit of research of how much real are the Russian armies, and came to conclusion that 2 armies they had in the Far East are for all intents, and purposes institutionally defunct. They were functioning only to train reservists, without any genuine capability for offensive organisation, or operation. They were depleted of logistics, engineering, mid-tier officers, medics, own aviation, and had no presence in GHQ.

So, the real core of Russian presence in Ukraine are the 5 real armies, with more intact ones being ones most infantry+artillery rich. More tank, and technology heavy units have suffered the most. They also benefit from significant amount of Chechen irregulars, and DPR/LPR cannon-fodder, which nobody seem to be able to count.

It's nearly all infantry fighting + artillery.

My guess now, it's 65 thousands Russian troops + irregulars fighting on the frontlines, down from 70k 2 months ago. Second echelon forces, are increasingly being thrown onto frontline duty. I will put the size of Russian rear to be anywhere from 20k to 30k auxiliaries.

The minimum Russia needs to defend itself is 3 armies in the far-east. Otherwise, even North Koreans can invade them. Russian East if ripe for the taking. I wouldn't be surprised if even Japanese can now walk over into the Manchuria now, or Finland can retake Karelia.
The problem from Day 1 for Russia is "The regeneration of Force"

A lot of people say "Russia not using 10% of their force" to invade Ukraine, well, firstly it's more like 30-40% of the entire Active Russian Armed Force were put into the theatres, second, many people don't realise (or don't know) Russia is a very big country and needed a lot of its force to defend their land.

30-40% of force distribution is a very big proportion, US never send more than 15% of their standing army (Regular Army) overseas, mind you, 15% of the standing army means 150,000-200,000 troop

Another issue is Russia don't really have a big ground component of military (Not in a way US Military does) and most of the fighting men come from the "Reserve" and "Conscript" both of which will not perform as well as the Regular Troop, and the problem with Russia is they lost a lot of well trained troop at the onset. Which mean whatever come to take those people place would not be what we called "Fighting Fits" And if you look at Telegram and Russian official accounts, they are actually scrapping right down at the barrel with this......

The only thing is, Ukrainian lost a lot too, but at this point while I was typing, there are about 170,000 Ukrainian military being Trained in Ukraine, the UK, the US, Norway, Poland, France and Germany. That is the different on Force Regeneration

Russia has almost destroyed Ukraine, It's an asymmetrical war far.
Russia destroyed cities, which Russia have to rebuild later, at the expense of Russian taxpayers.

This is symmetrical war, both side using infantries and cannonry. Not much air support.

Tactics from both sides are basically the same, the only difference is Russia has more weapons.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom