What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kadyrov's presence in Ukraine is another sign that all is not going as the Russians would have liked.

And what is it according to you that "Russians would have liked" ? Can you tell us about what Russian actual plan was?

~

Hope they stop this pointless war which is bad for the whole world.

This is from yesterday , lets see how the talks go today :

Russia and Ukraine give brightest assessment yet of progress in talks on war

March 13 (Reuters) - Russian and Ukrainian officials gave their most upbeat assessments yet on Sunday of progress in their talks on the war in Ukraine, suggesting there could be positive results within days.

Separately, U.S. Deputy Secretary of State Wendy Sherman said Russia was showing signs of willingness to engage in substantive negotiations about ending a conflict in which thousands have died. More than 2.5 million people have fled.

Ukraine has said it is willing to negotiate, but not to surrender or accept any ultimatums.

"We will not concede in principle on any positions. Russia now understands this. Russia is already beginning to talk constructively," Ukrainian negotiator and presidential adviser Mykhailo Podolyak said in a video posted online.

"I think that we will achieve some results literally in a matter of days," he said.

RIA news agency quoted a Russian delegate, Leonid Slutsky, as saying the talks had made substantial progress.

"According to my personal expectations, this progress may grow in the coming days into a joint position of both delegations, into documents for signing," Slutsky said.

Neither side indicated what the scope of any agreement might be.

And what is it according to you that "Russians would have liked" ? Can you tell us about what Russian actual plan was?

What was "Russia's plan"?

Putin bet on a clean and swift operation,the quick surrender of Ukraine and eastern Ukraine rallying on the Russian cause,welcoming Russian troops as liberators,a quick war that would limit the worldwide outrage and the world's response to the Russian invasion.

The exact opposite happened. Ukraine is resisting,majority Russian speaking towns are the ones resisting the most to Russian assaults,Zelensky didn't surrender,Ukrainians living under Russian occupation haven't welcomed Russian as liberators,but are protesting against the occupier. Belarus troops were supposed to join the war much earlier,they haven't to this day.

Meanwhile the operation is pretty much stalling. Because the longer the operation lasts,the higher the cost is in Russian lives and for Russian finances. (You've got to fund that 200K strong force.... and they can't forever).

Ive been reading Russian forums, and the general gist of what si being said is this:

1) Sanctions are a joke. it is not affecting russia. Al goods are im stock. only type of oil that has increased on price is olive oil and its 4 times more expensive. Otherwise all sanctions will hit the west much more than they will hit russia.

2) russia has run out of the Kalibir missile but they are woking in 3 shifts to produce more.

3) a certain type of gas (neon?) that only russia and Ukraine have is necessary for the electronics and microprocessor industry to function.

4) Chechens are a joke and PR stunt. "our boys" are dying and Chechens are taking pictures of their beards in the back. Chechens are useless fighters since they were so easily defeated by the mighty Russians.

5) There should be no ukrianian army, and russia should not leave until they only have police with handguns.

6) Ukranians should accept being a part of the Russian empire. How can English have Scotland and Irish people in their empire but Russians cant even have ukranians? Ukranisn dont have to like it, just as the Scots dont like England. But they will get used to it.

7) the west is shocked at the level of efficiency and strength of the Russian army.

So, there, this is what's going on in the Russian mind at least as expressed in certain Russian language forums.
Very interesting view. Wish there were more Z boys in this discussion.

It is surprising to see that Chechen group is not respected despite their obvious loyalty to Putin. Seems like Russian Z boys are no less racist than the Ukranian Nazi afterall :undecided:

Belarusian forces seen in convoy next to the Ukrainian border:

52.15899632270519, 25.57757971739496

1647260264443.png

Drone footage emerges capturing the scale of the destruction inside Mariupol at present:

Russia is drawing down troops From Syria and Nagrono Karabakh in order to deploy in Ukraine. As well as troops from the Far East and the Syrians themselves.

They have truly humiliated themselves.

To be fair they are fighting 150,000 ukranians who have full logistical, Intel and financial support from nato. I'd say that Ukranians have better battlespace awareness Than the Russians.

More satellites, more airborne radar. Ukranians are probably fed every flightpath of every Russian air asset. I would be very worried if I was a Russian soldier.

As I have been saying, Ukraine is no babe in the woods. Ukraine has the backing of the mightiest military alliance on Earth and Ukraine has its own resources, huge population, and is fighting on its home turf--and fighting for their own country. I think in a war, at least a 3 times superiority is needed by the invaders. If anything, Ukraine has some advantages over Russia.

What was "Russia's plan"?

Putin bet on a clean and swift operation,the quick surrender of Ukraine and eastern Ukraine rallying on the Russian cause,welcoming Russian troops as liberators,a quick war that would limit the worldwide outrage and the world's response to the Russian invasion.

The exact opposite happened. Ukraine is resisting,majority Russian speaking towns are the ones resisting the most to Russian assaults,Zelensky didn't surrender,Ukrainians living under Russian occupation haven't welcomed Russian as liberators,but are protesting against the occupier. Belarus troops were supposed to join the war much earlier,they haven't to this day.

Meanwhile the operation is pretty much stalling. Because the longer the operation lasts,the higher the cost is in Russian lives and for Russian finances. (You've got to fund that 200K strong force.... and they can't forever).

What is clean and swift operation?

Completed in 1 month? 2 months? 6 months?

Since I havent seen anywhere written about the duration, I am hoping you could help with that.

PS: Of course you are right about prolonged war, it is no one's interest. The faster it ends the better for everyone and above all for Ukrainian people who have to leave their houses to live in other countries.

1647260827755.png

Russian military activity from Belarus. Source: Motolko

1647260855202.png

Source: Rochan Consulting

1647260938784.png

POL storage tanks on fire at Hostomel airport March 11.

1647261061291.png

Russian attack helicopters in Valyuki, Russia: 38.109926, 50.225098

Russian Naval vessels in the Black Sea (Russian Occupied Ukraine):
32.9861055, 45.2979871
1647261185271.png

32.9687637, 45.2716594
1647261213771.png

32.9903485, 45.2546928
1647261238145.png

30.2075381, 45.2395354
1647261259256.png

I think we are clear now about tanks.

Very, very few tanks, and other pieces of armour were destroyed by other tanks direct fire. Less than 1 in 10, I'd say, and those are from tank launched ATGMs.

From now on, we know: armour is about active protection systems, and anti-armour is more about long range, indirect firepower on intel.

Think about it, the missiles Germany gave Ukraine were all produced during the Soviet period, so Russia must have a lot of military stocks, and there is no need to ask China for military assistance, which is impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom