What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
What people like you don't seem to understand is how Russia actually is waging this war. We have seen so many wars from USA that we are used to the American way of warfare, which is indiscriminate bombing and destruction of military and civilian infrastructure.

The fact that internet, mobile services, water, sewage, electricity etc haven't been targeted yet is proof of that. Usually in a war these are destroyed to disrupt communication, create panic and lower the morale. And if Russia wanted to they could easily have done this but so far they haven't. They are deliberately avoiding to destroy as much civilian infrastructure as possible. Now Russia might resort to that if it prolongs too much but so far they haven't. That's a further indication that the advancement they have made are within their planning or at least that they aren't desperate yet to do such kind of destruction.

Also we haven't seen the Russian airforce much in action. So far they have relied mostly on precision missile strikes. Only now we är seeing more use of the Russian airforce and heavy artillery. And we are on 5th day. Reportedly 150 k are mobilized for Ukraine campaign, out of which 50 000 Russian troops are in Ukraine right now while 100k are at the border still. So the territory under Russian control has been done in five days by roughly 50k troops. But now we are seeing more troops coming in now that big cities have been surrounded and under siege - probably preparing for urban warfare.

We also see that no advancement have been made to west Ukraine. Anybody that knows the geography and history of Ukraine knows that western part is the most anti russian. So what I believe Russia will do is simply ignore west Ukraine. They will focus on East, south and central. They will probably take the entire coast line and cut of Ukraine from the black sea. They will take the eastern and central part because that's where majority ethnic Russian and Russian speaking live. Also western Ukraine helped Hitler in fight against the USSR.

So if peace talk don't happen and they don't agree on something then I think western Ukraine will be left alone as a landlocked country.
There are numerous scenes of death and destruction in Ukraine due to ongoing Russian military activity.

Russia's invasion of Ukraine is now in its sixth day and it appears to be taking a very dark turn. After being repulsed on multiple fronts by the Ukrainian Army, the Russian military appears to have moved to attacking highly urban areas with artillery barrages. At the same time, a massive convoy is creeping towards Kyiv from the north in what can only be assumed to be preparations for an all-out assault on the capital. You can get up to speed by checking out our prior rolling coverage of this conflict here.

Just wait for the war to progress further.

Russian way of warfare is absolutely apparent in Syria:

Russian war excesses in Aleppo (Syria) are well-documented in particular.

- - - - -

NATO is equipped with much higher quantity of precision munitions than any contemporary force in the world and can show much restraint in its operations.

Below are some of the recordings of situation in Baghdad in the Shock & Awe phase of the war back in 2003:

You can clearly see civilian infrastructure working throughout; you can also see vehicles on the roads.

To be fair, NATO also have history of war excesses in urban environments as witnessed in Fallujah (Iraq) in 2014 and Raqqa (Syria) in 2017 respectively - cities which were under control of militants at the time. But NATO allowed civilians to leave these cities before attacking them in force.

- - - - -

My point is that both Russia and NATO are NOT CLEAN when it comes to warfare.

Let us be fair in our criticism.

Russia has $ 570 million foreign currency deposits in US and British banks, 80 percent of which were blocked in the first two days and now stand at 20 percent.
This war did not seem so bad for Britain and US . they will steal all that money...
my prediction was right...

Have you ever been to Iraq ? Libya ? Syria ? Venezuela ? The jungles of Columbia where FARC is based from ? How are you calling @TheNoob a naive person but yourself claim to be all-knowing ? Why are you toeing the American government line ? You have been taken for a ride in your military career.

Yes, either of those two scenarios.

Good day to you too, mein uneducated friend.
Como eres en venezuela y Columbia, mi papa eres estan en Bogata.

I have been to Iraq and Syria. Have you ever been?

By the way, the Spanish translate to I used to live in Venezuela and Columbia, my father is from Bogota. EDIT I spend 2 years travelling around South America. And my dad was chicano, his ancestry was from Mexico, Columbia and Cuba.

Please do not question something you have no idea what you are talking about.

You are in the forum for six years yet you don't know my identities ? Here they are : Muslim, Communist, Human. Now reconfigure your reply to me.
Nice you changed the order of your identity and put Muslim before Communist, good improvement 👍

There are numerous scenes of death and destruction in Ukraine due to ongoing Russian military activity.

Russia's invasion of Ukraine is now in its sixth day and it appears to be taking a very dark turn. After being repulsed on multiple fronts by the Ukrainian Army, the Russian military appears to have moved to attacking highly urban areas with artillery barrages. At the same time, a massive convoy is creeping towards Kyiv from the north in what can only be assumed to be preparations for an all-out assault on the capital. You can get up to speed by checking out our prior rolling coverage of this conflict here.

Just wait for the war to progress further.

Russian way of warfare is absolutely apparent in Syria:

Russian war excesses in Aleppo (Syria) are well-documented in particular.

- - - - -

NATO is equipped with much higher quantity of precision munitions than any contemporary force and can show much restraint in its operations.

Below are some of the recordings of situation in Baghdad in the Shock & Awe phase of the war back in 2003:

You can clearly see civilian infrastructure working throughout; you can also see vehicles on the roads.

To be fair, NATO also have history of war excesses in urban environments as witnessed in Fallujah (Iraq) in 2014 and Raqqa (Syria) in 2017 respectively - cities which were under control of militants at the time. But NATO allowed civilians to leave these cities before attacking them in force.

- - - - -

My point is that both Russia and NATO are NOT CLEAN when it comes to warfare.

Let us be fair in our criticism.
Very well said and very balanced view.

Further air sirens in Kyiv.

The Ukrainian war could cause a major military purge in Russia for a number of reasons.

@jamahir

Se dice Espanol? Si no habla Espanol, como a tu digame acerca de Americana de Sur?

I will just leave it at that.

Are these people preventing only Russian units or Belarus units too ?

Perhaps Belarus is being readied for another CIA-initiated color revolution. These particular people must not allow themselves to be influenced by Western populist sentiment. They must allow the units to get into Ukraine.

Sad. A future doctor for India as well as for others. But I must ask who declared him killed by the Russians ? We have watched vids of Ukranian military and police assaulting Indian students including girls.
An External Affairs Ministry spokesperson.

One of our building residents sent out this very bitter message:

Our PM will call Putin to stop the attack till all our studnets gets evacuated, our PM is number one leader in the world. He is waiting for right Muhurat. 🙏🙏💐💐

He was in a bitter mood, and hence was deeply sarcastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom