What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
None of the big news organisation (non biased one not like Fox or MSNBC) said Mariupol has felt, The Ukrainian internal ministry has not said Mariupol had failed. While I still cannot connect to people I know in Ukraine to verify whether or not Mariupol had felt, I would say this is not yet fallen.

It take Russian force 9 days to take Kherson, and Odessa is about 5 times as big (900,000 resident vs 200,000 resident), it would probably be next month if and when Odessa fall.

The Ukrainian "winning" is coming from the lack of progress on the Russia side, a fact reflected very clearly on the losing of 3 Russian general on the front line. General don't usually tour the frontline unless there is a problem of the offensive, and the fact that the 3 was killed means stuff is not at all going in the Russian direction.

On the other hand @tower9 said, this is a no sum game for the Russia, even if Russia did manage to conquer Ukraine, ignoring the fact that there are going to be a long and unwieldly insurgency, let's set that aside for a moment, it actually make Russian situation more dire instead of better, NATO is going to step up, Russia lost a chunk of economy, possibly cannot be recover from (Depends on how deep the Chinese want to go to help them) and then they would most likely ended up with MORE NATO border instead of less. I think on a strategic level, Russia already had lost, it's just how they salvage the situation in term of scoring a tactical victory is what left to be discovered.

At this point, this talk about what ground was captured or not is pointless. Russia is many times more powerful than Ukraine, of course, it will win the war. However, I just can't see how the world after this war would be more advantageous for Russia. I just don't see it. Does Putin have some ace up his sleeve that we don't know about or has he really gone nuts?

I gotta give it to the Western media and Ukrainian supporters . They have shamelessly propagate and peddled fake news like never before in the history .

Most of the videos are outright fake or exaggerated to say the least.

Western media created the fake news such as a 40 mile Russian convoy, which was once attacking Kiev , then bogged down , then ran out of fuel, then soldiers deserted and finally ambushed by the brave Ukrainians. The entire story is so outlandish and stupid that any one with an ounce of brain will not be able to stop shaking their heads in disbelief.

Western media deliberately created the hype that Russians are unable to take Kiev as if it was supposed to be a walk in the park. Ukraine had a large professional and well armed army. They are equally armed and trained as the Russians except they cannot match Russians in number . Ofcourse they were going to fight to death their equally trained and qualitatively equal army.

Why wouldn’t they ?

So the expectation Russia was to win the war in few days was a deliberate misinformation to create the sense that Russians are stalled and loosing.

They are neither stalled nor loosing. They are deliberately and methodically moving and capturing area. Their goal is not to just capture the territory but to destroy and disarm Ukrainian army infrastructure . That they are doing well and moving slowly in the process .

Yes in some places they are stalled but that is totally expected from a well armed enemy that is determined to defend their homeland .

The end is not in doubt. The question is how much Russians will destroy …. Both the military and civilian …. To teach their enemy a lesson.

Related to the quoted post:

U.S. and allies quietly prepare for a Ukrainian government-in-exile and a long insurgency

[. . .] in Washington and European capitals, officials anticipate that the Russian military will reverse its early losses, setting the stage for a long, bloody insurgency.
[. . .] Officials have been reluctant to discuss detailed plans, since they’re premised on a Russian military victory that, however likely, hasn’t happened yet.
[. . .] Ukraine’s allies are planning for how to help establish and support a government-in-exile, which could direct guerrilla operations against Russian occupiers.
[. . .] weapons the United States has provided to Ukraine’s military, and that continue to flow into the country, would be crucial to the success of an insurgent movement
[. . .] take up a $10 billion
[. . .] The possible Russian takeover of Kyiv has prompted a flurry of planning at the State Department, Pentagon and other U.S. agencies in the event that the Zelensky government has to flee the capital or the country itself.
[. . .] United States diverted some military aid to Ukraine that it had planned to send to Afghanistan, but that package mostly included small arms, ammunition and medical kits
[. . .] As the Russian military struggles with logistical challenges — including fuel and food shortages — Waltz anticipates that the Ukrainians will repeatedly strike Russian supply lines. To do that, they need a steady supply of weapons and the ability to set improvised explosive devices, he said. “Those supply lines are going to be very, very vulnerable, and that’s where you really literally starve the Russian army.”
[. . .] Continuing a resistance campaign will require continued clandestine shipments of small arms, ammunition, explosives and even cold-weather gear. “Think about the kinds of things that would be used by saboteurs as opposed to an army repelling a frontal invasion,” Moulton said. Officials remain cautious about overt support for a Ukrainian insurgency lest it draw NATO member countries into direct conflict with Russia. In Moscow’s eyes, support for a Zelensky government operating in Poland could constitute an attack by the alliance, some officials warned.
[. . .] successful insurgencies. Veterans of such conflicts say that the Ukrainians so far have demonstrated the key ingredient. “The number one thing you have to have is people on the ground who want to fight,”
[. . .] If Russian and Ukrainian negotiators who have been meeting near the border in Belarus reach some settlement, that will likely diminish the momentum for an insurgency and support for it [so the dreamers of protracted insurgency will have a problem with a successful negotiations and would want them to fail ?]
[. . .] “As occupation progresses and extends for a longer time, what can start out as a more centralized resistance often changes into smaller resistance groups or units. It is not a negative thing,” she said. “In fact, smaller groups allow more resilience.”
[. . .] as stocks of ammunition dwindle and the Russian military extends its encirclement of major cities. . . . Russian occupation forces will try to squeeze supply pipelines and cut off cities.
[. . .] Ukraine should be preparing its citizens for combat in cities . . . they should establish safe areas underground to survive. . .place snipers on rooftops.
[. . .] Putin might attempt to reduce Ukraine “to a much smaller state.” . .western Ukraine would remain independent. The other territories would be incorporated into Russia, occupied, or declared independent states, as the Kremlin has already done with the Donetsk and Luhansk regions. But Russia’s ability to impose that vision is “most improbable,” the diplomat said, given the profound anger in Ukraine against the Russian invasion.

Another similar article:

As war loomed, U.S. armed Ukraine to hit Russian aircraft, tanks and prep for urban combat, declassified shipment list shows

...The list indicates that as early as December, the Pentagon was equipping Ukrainian fighters...

Here you go.

They are expecting [read planning] to turn it into an insurgency @9:53+ again @10:10+ they expect [plan] that this will continue for a very long time, years. @15:17+ we're gonna help them fight [a protracted insurgency]. [Instead of helping towards a ceasefire, will help them fight].

These instigators talk high of Ukrainian people, how children are suffering in NICUs, but how do they plan to help mitigate those sufferings? By sending more Javelins and weapons and insurgents, instead of hastily bringing a ceasefire solution!. In addition they will help the suffering Ukrainians by banning Russian oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil, oil . . . goes on for half an hour.

MEDIA=youtube]yiPvbnKy0oY:593[/MEDIA]

That may be the plan of instigators but if Russians are successful at encircling the country, then insurgency won't get fuel and will wither soon.
Probably that's why instigators are in a rush to supply as much weapons as quickly as possible, instead of rushing to achieve some sort of ceasefire.
"Hurry before our routes are blocked".

Why I'm feeling deja-vu I wonder? Hmm, oh yes, the 1000+ NATO containers unaccounted for in Pakistan.

Anyways, if they were sincere about Ukrainian civilians, as they poorly pretend, then they would be heard talking about going to the table. Not the case here.

Last edited:
Ukrainian resistance seems to be on the brink of collapse. It may not last more than a week or two. If Kiev falls then its game over.

If the larger cities to the east and south falls first then Russian units will be freed and redirected towards north (Kiev) and west i believe.

Russia is likely to take the control of the whole area between Transnistria and Russia/Ukraine border. IMO also likely to take west Ukraine to the Polish border but that is probably not priority ATM.

Last edited:
I gotta give it to the Western media and Ukrainian supporters . They have shamelessly propagate and peddled fake news like never before in the history .

Western media created the fake news such as a 40 mile Russian convoy, which was once attacking Kiev , then bogged down , then ran out of fuel, then soldiers deserted and finally ambushed by the brave Ukrainians. The entire story is so outlandish and stupid that any one with an ounce of brain will not be able to stop shaking their heads in disbelief.

Western media deliberately created the hype that Russians are unable to take Kiev as if it was supposed to be a walk in the park. Ukraine had a large professional and well armed army. They are equally armed and trained as the Russians except they cannot match Russians in number . Ofcourse they were going to fight to death their equally trained and qualitatively equal army.

Why wouldn’t they ?

So the expectation Russia was to win the war in few days was a deliberate misinformation to create the sense that Russians are stalled and loosing.

They are neither stalled nor loosing. They are deliberately and methodically moving and capturing area. Their goal is not to just capture the territory but to destroy and disarm Ukrainian army infrastructure . That they are doing well and moving slowly in the process .

Yes in some places they are stalled but that is totally expected from a well armed enemy that is determined to defend their homeland .

The end is not in doubt. The question is how much Russians will destroy …. Both the military and civilian …. To teach their enemy a lesson.
problem with this propaganda is only westren public suck into it When U start believing on Ur own propaganda Ur doomed seen in Afghanistan Iraq even last yr Russian game plan is simple like WW2 quantity with some quality.

Ukrainian resistance seems to be on the brink of collapse. It may not last more than a week or two. If Kiev falls then its game over.

If the larger cities to the east and south falls first then Russian units will be freed and redirected towards north (Kiev) and west i believe.

Russia i likely to take the whole area between Transnistria and Russia/Ukraine border. IMO also likely to take west Ukraine to the Polish border but that is probably not priority ATM.
Also read somewhere Russia moving S400 now in Ukrain the areas they secured and occupied again it could be another fake news

i hate Russians for what they did in Syria but I simply cannot believe the clown PM of Ukrainians who single handedly destroyed the entire country just because he wanted to join NATO…….

Perhaps he was too busy to watch Tv and see what Americans did to their Afghan allies just few months back……

What a bloody looser….

Related to the quoted post:

U.S. and allies quietly prepare for a Ukrainian government-in-exile and a long insurgency

[. . .] in Washington and European capitals, officials anticipate that the Russian military will reverse its early losses, setting the stage for a long, bloody insurgency.
[. . .] Officials have been reluctant to discuss detailed plans, since they’re premised on a Russian military victory that, however likely, hasn’t happened yet.
[. . .] Ukraine’s allies are planning for how to help establish and support a government-in-exile, which could direct guerrilla operations against Russian occupiers.
[. . .] weapons the United States has provided to Ukraine’s military, and that continue to flow into the country, would be crucial to the success of an insurgent movement
[. . .] take up a $10 billion
[. . .] The possible Russian takeover of Kyiv has prompted a flurry of planning at the State Department, Pentagon and other U.S. agencies in the event that the Zelensky government has to flee the capital or the country itself.
I hope it won't happen this will destroy Europe another Afghanistan this time next door

Why wouldn’t they ?

Like Russian news are more accurate .

It seems like the West has gone bananas. They've raised tensions so high that now the public is demanding military action from NATO. The Canadian PM, Trudeau, had to go out of his way to explain why a No Fly Zone wasn't a good idea.

Western politicians have painted themselves into a corner. To stay in power they have to appear tough. To appear tough they have to keep adding more and more pressure on Russia. There's already a witch hunt going on against Russians. How long before Russians are rounded up in concentration camps?

All these announcements about delivering weapons and mercenaries to Ukraine. Do they think that Russians don't watch the news? That's practically a declaration of war. A cornered animal is dangerous.

Whatever happens now, whoever wins, the time to Armageddon has been reduced drastically. There will now be an all-out race by everyone to acquire weapons, including nuclear, and then there will be the final showdown, sooner rather than later.

i hate Russians for what they did in Syria but I simply cannot believe the clown PM of Ukrainians who single handedly destroyed the entire country just because he wanted to join NATO…….

Perhaps he was too busy to watch Tv and see what Americans did to their Afghan allies just few months back……

What a bloody looser….

He wanted to join NATO to prevent exactly that scenario . . .

And if he was in NATO this invasion would most likely would not have happened . . .

~

so you are ordered to circumvent something and you pass on the order to your subordinates to circumcise it?

in all my born days I never came across a US officer such as yourself who would not know circumventing from circumcision!

I've seen US and Canadian soldiers that speak English like Pablo Escobar in the movies. Even higher ranking ones.

He wanted to join NATO to prevent exactly that scenario . . .

And if he was in NATO this invasion would most likely would not have happened . . .

~
Yar tu baki sab chor mujhe ye bta ab tere Brahmos, nuclear sub, aircraft carrier, helicopter deal, s400 deal, fighter jet deals, rifle deals etc etc ka kya ho ga???

Parts bhi band ho jae gae. Zara sochiye barkhordar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom