What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You forgot the Crusades.

European Christian Crusaders, long before the Industrial Revolution, could just mow the Middle Eastern riff raff starting with Turkey, moving on ward to Syria ending in Palestine and creating a Crusader State lasting close to a century.

Think about it.

It was Europeans who unleashed their anger on Jews and dumped their Jewish problem on Palestinians.

Let's think about that for a moment.

It seems clear to me you people are not suited for warfare and not suited for any intellectually heavy activities. You are closer to Africa and this is why IQ level, work ethic, brains, intellect, inventiveness may be closer to that of Africans or at best Indians if you are a Pakistani.

This explains why more than 2000 years ago Romans could reach all over the Middle East and conquer places as far away as London and Yemen.

That happened long before Industrial Revolution.

The Chinese have an excuse ready. They were never dominated by Europeans before Industrial Revolution. Never, ever. In history.

The same can't be said of the middle East balkans or North Africa. They were always ruled and repeatedly conquered by Europeans long before Industrial Revolution. Romans and Greeks for a start laid waste to Egypt, Syria, Iraq, Anatolia, Iran. Pakistan and afghanistan were also captured by Greeks.

I think there may be some truth to it. Genetically inferior civilizations clustering closer to Indians or Africans are predisposed to being conquered by superior civilizations with greater warlike characteristics and greater propensity to dispense violence in a systematic manner.

What you say is very harsh, but it may be the bitter truth. I see a revival of Islam only based on large numbers of Europeans becoming Muslim in the future.

This explains why more than 2000 years ago Romans could reach all over the Middle East and conquer places as far away as London and Yemen.

The Chinese have an excuse ready. They were never dominated by Europeans before Industrial Revolution. Never, ever. In history.

The same can't be said of the middle East balkans or North Africa. They were always ruled and repeatedly conquered by Europeans long before Industrial Revolution. Romans and Greeks for a start laid waste to Egypt, Syria, Iraq, Anatolia, Iran. Pakistan and afghanistan were also captured by Greeks.
Chinese don't view ourselves as being worse than Europeans even when we were dirt poor. During the Ming Dynasty we defeated Portuguese and Dutch. During the Qing Dynasty at our weakest, we defeated Russians and French. In 1950 we defeated the entire UN expeditionary forces.

We've already proven ourselves so we don't need any excuses. We were weak temporarily due to the industrial revolution then getting stabbed in the back by Japan twice but now we're back.

Considering how much of the Middle East has been bombed to shit and kids orphaned or murdered, I don't know how you can say they got a great deal with a straight face.

Also, the Brits didn't have the population to genocide the Middle East. If they could've, they would've. Looking at the Americas and Australia, that is evident.

He forgets/ignores that it was Pakistanis and other colonial troops like Indians who killed Turks in the Middle East. Without their colonial troops, Britain is a country smaller than Pakistan.

PM blocks aluminium exports to Russia​

Hmm, this is going to go down badly, Australia is the leading world producer of Bauxite (Uncut Aluminium/Alunminum ore) and Russia is net importer

That goes into weapon making (mostly with aircraft and missile) and window to even cans......Soon, they will need to build those SU-35 with steel.......

and they can't ask China for help with this, because China also import Bauxite from Australia......

Vietnam also produces it

Even so, I wonder why Russians are unable to jam them to protect their convoys. Now it seems like every armour unit should have some anti drone tech.
The Russians are wondering the same thing. Surely its not that hard to shoot down a drone.

Chinese don't view ourselves as being worse than Europeans even when we were dirt poor. During the Ming Dynasty we defeated Portuguese and Dutch. During the Qing Dynasty at our weakest, we defeated Russians and French. In 1950 we defeated the entire UN expeditionary forces.

We've already proven ourselves so we don't need any excuses.

Hmmm...what was the whining about Century of Humiliation again if you don't view yourselves as inferior? What has eye straigtening surgery, hair colouring and other cultural practices in East Asia if not inferiority complex manifested in real life?

I don't need to list what the eight nation alliance did to China on your home soil.

These are all well known facts. Trying to "save face" a distinct cultural trait of the Chinese won't change reality. Let's debate based on facts rather than emotions. If you are better than Indians, I acknowledge that.

If you were brutally conquered by Europeans, I dont see why you should deny that.

Vietnam also produces it
Vietnam does not produce enough Bauxite, Vietnam production not even top 10.

In fact, China also produce it and it is the second biggest ore production in the world, after Australia. China still import Australian Bauxite

We produce more than China and Brazil (2 and 3) combine. We are a net exporter or Bauxite Ore in the world.....Even China buy from us.....

Unless you are saying China don't use aluminium themselves and send them to Russia, because they can't produce more as this will cut into using Australian Ore, and that is prohibited. meaning we won't sell China any if they do.

What you say is very harsh, but it may be the bitter truth. I see a revival of Islam only based on large numbers of Europeans becoming Muslim in the future.

Turks who led your Caliphate for maybe 500 years were largely Europeans, weren't they?

You can also try the Mongols/Chinese? Your new allies.

I have read how they plowed through Central Asia, Afghanistan, Pakistan, iran, Iraq, Anatolia, Syria with ease like an adult stealing a school child's candy or sth.

You were never good at warfighting. Closer to Indian or African level.

Vietnam does not produce enough Bauxite

In fact, China also produce it and it is the second biggest ore production in the world, after Australia. China still import Australian Bauxite
They have 3.7 million reserves, behind Australia 6 million but opening up more mines will be Ok. China produces 2nd behind Australia despite having only 1 million reserves so this means China imports a lot of ore.

Hmmm...what was the whining about Century of Humiliation again if you don't view yourselves as inferior? What has eye straigtening surgery, hair colouring and other cultural practices in East Asia if not inferiority complex manifested in real life?

I don't need to list what the eight nation alliance did to China on your home soil.

These are all well known facts. Trying to "save face" a distinct cultural trait of the Chinese won't change reality. Let's debate based on facts rather than emotions. If you are better than Indians, I acknowledge that.

If you were brutally conquered by Europeans, I dont see why you should deny that.
century of humiliation was not a conquest though lol. China was never occupied in entirety or even in a major region.

It was losing some wars, giving up a few islands in unequal treaties and the ability to control taxes and import/export by the Qing Dynasty, which led to societal decay and inability to control opium which led to economic decline. that's it.

it is seen as a huge deal today but compared to the suffering that other countries went through - occupation, colonization, slavery, displacement, genocide - we got off very light until Japan stabbed us. I feel lucky that despite the massive suffering China went through, it could've been far worse if we didn't resist so hard.

eye straightening surgery, hair coloring, etc. are more prevalent in Korea and Japan who were defeated and conquered.

They have 3.7 million reserves, behind Australia 6 million but opening up more mines will be Ok. China produces 2nd behind Australia despite having only 1 million reserves so this means China imports a lot of ore.
Open another production will take years, it's not like they can do it overnight, or even over next month. That is if Vietnam have money AND willing to open it. And Russia cannot buy them anyway because they can't use SWIFT.

No, you're right. China was humiliated in the past. Because it was the hegemon in Asia for so long that it became complacent, arrogant and disinterested in the outside world. That was its mistake.

However, China is probably the only country to have used its humiliation to empower itself. For most of human history, China was a great civilization and powerful empire. Now it is back and it is here to stay. This is just the beginning.

China has even left the ruins of its former palace destroyed by Europeans in place so its people can be reminded of the past humiliations and to never allow the country to be weak again. Think about that.

1647832220669.png

You forgot the Crusades.

European Christian Crusaders, long before the Industrial Revolution, could just mow the Middle Eastern riff raff starting with Turkey, moving on ward to Syria ending in Palestine and creating a Crusader State lasting close to a century.

Think about it.

It was Europeans who unleashed their anger on Jews and dumped their Jewish problem on Palestinians.

Let's think about that for a moment.

It seems clear to me you people are not suited for warfare and not suited for any intellectually heavy activities. You are closer to Africa and this is why IQ level, work ethic, brains, intellect, inventiveness may be closer to that of Africans or at best Indians if you are a Pakistani.

I think there may be some truth to it. Genetically inferior civilizations clustering closer to Indians or Africans are predisposed to being conquered by superior civilizations with greater warlike characteristics and greater propensity to dispense violence in a systematic manner.

What is this perverse obsession with GDP?

Indonesia or Mexico with their GDP are they stronger than Pakistan or North Korea?

How about weaker countries like Iran or Turkey? Are they weaker than Indonesia or Mexico?

Why is this perverse obsession with GDP widespread?

What is Russian GDP? What is Japanese GDP?

Yet Japan is a compliant vassal of the Americans for more than 70 years now. Even North koreans have got more backbone.
Are you talking about the crusaders who repeatedly got their asses handed to them, and in the end eventually wiped out. Not to mention when the mamluks took your french king hostage, put him in house arrest with a eunuch, and made you pay exorbitant amount of money to get him back. I guess we must be inferior though, ruling spain for 800 years, not to mention parts of italy for a good couple centuries. Or when the ottomans ruled eastern europe for 500, not to mention greece. Or when the crimean khanate was using russia and ukraine as a slave farm for 300 years. Guess we must be really inferior then. Plus you're an italian, not a roman. They were a great civilization, while you're a joke.

Watch this sky news analysis. If accurate, it means many Ukrainian units entrenched themselves in Maripul from mechanised infantry, marines and Azov forces. The capturing of the city means thousands of well trained soldiers will be lost.

Time will tell, if Ukrainian decision to stand and fight in Maripul was wise. They tied down alot of Russian forces, but at expense of losing well trained formations.

I actually said the same things that Michael Clark said just yesterday....(Sky News video is today)

Yes, this is highly possible. But I would imagine if and when Mariupol is about to fall, the 3 regiment will try to break out North and join the line of the regular force. So they probably will not be completely lost.

No, you're right. China was humiliated in the past. Because it was the hegemon in Asia for so long that it became complacent, arrogant and disinterested in the outside world. That was its mistake.

However, China is probably the only country to have used its humiliation to empower itself. For most of human history, China was a great civilization and powerful empire. Now it is back and it is here to stay. This is just the beginning.

China has even left the ruins of its former palace destroyed by Europeans in place so its people can be reminded of the past humiliations and to never allow the country to be weak again. Think about that.

View attachment 825882

it was the Europeans who humiliated China first but it was the Japanese that did really lasting damage. even in 1885, 50 into the century of humiliation, China had a major ocean going navy armed with steel battleships and electrical power in the Beiyang Fleet. Chinese forged cannons and guns in Hanyang arsenal and shipbuilders in Jiangnan Shipyards.

Japan destroyed all that. After First Sino Japanese War, the Chinese navy never recovered until 1970's. Fucking 100 years of damage that it caused. Then Second Sino Japanese War in WW2 destroyed all the recovery.

This is why people don't blame Europeans as much as Japan. Europeans humiliated us but Japan kicked us when we were down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom