What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now it seems Ukraine send a dry cargo ship to black sea which was fired upon after they refused to halt and was board and now detained by the Russian Navy.

They are trying very hard to evacuate some very important people there and we will know in a matter of days or weeks ago.

Unlike the residential districts, where the Russian were restrained, it seems they have moved heavy artilleries and rockets to Azovstal Steelwork. There is no civilians there.

Rumors from the Russian bloggers claimed that there are hundreds of foreign mercenaries there fighting along side the AZOV neo-nazi battalion.

Of course, none of all these can be proven. So far they proved to be quite or partially true. So we wait and see which side are telling the truth.
Near Mariupol or closer to Odessa?

I see your point. Naturally we don't have a clear picture of what is going on logistically. The northern campaign was a debacle, but fortunately for Russians they have time to make changes.

Ukrainians especially in Donbass area seem to be struggling in terms of resupply. I wonder how much shells they have.
More important is their fuel situation.
If they cannot fire up their tanks and trucks, then they are only sitting ducks for the Russian artillery.

This is not ww1 where you can just sit tight and keep on fighting from your bunker. Modern conflicts are maneuver warfare.

This madness has to stop. The constant supply of arms by UK to the Ukrainian Zelensky forces is going to make this war bloodier. Basically, NATO is fighting Russia to the last Ukrainian. Instead of leaving some neutral ground for negotiations, they are intimidating everyone to pick a side instead.

There is so much pressure on developing countries to "pick a side" and those who don't, are being threatened to either join "the enemy". I truly wonder if the people of United States and Britain have thought the consequences of this madness for themselves and their country.

Even European countries like France, Netherlands, Germany, Spain, etc., have begun to feel the pinch and are slowly moving away from their pro-war stance. Seriously feel sad about the Ukrainian civilians who are getting hammered from both sides for the Biden's and Boris Johnson's egos.

This madness has to stop. The constant supply of arms by UK to the Ukrainian Zelensky forces is going to make this war bloodier. Basically, NATO is fighting Russia to the last Ukrainian. Instead of leaving some neutral ground for negotiations, they are intimidating everyone to pick a side instead.

There is so much pressure on developing countries to "pick a side" and those who don't, are being threatened to either join "the enemy". I truly wonder if the people of United States and Britain have thought the consequences of this madness for themselves and their country.

Even European countries like France, Netherlands, Germany, Spain, etc., have begun to feel the pinch and are slowly moving away from their pro-war stance. Seriously feel sad about the Ukrainian civilians who are getting hammered from both sides for the Biden's and Boris Johnson's egos.

British people are seriously inbred and suffer from mental illness. I feel bad for them. This war is going to destroy Britain and the British people will suffer.

Unlike Ukrainian industry, the Russian defence firms are still working. Unless you think sanctions have crippled Russian ability to make 152mm shells?

Then they can use Belrussian ammo, central Asian nations like Kazakhstan can provide from their stocks, China could transfer the huge number of air to ground weapons they got when they purchased SU 27, SU 30 and SU 35 and let's not forget North Korea.

Russian defence industries will be able to churn out low tech weapon systems without any problems. Higher end might be an issue.
That’s so true, other then China which doesn’t want to seem supply arms, NK and the CIS nations could be obliged by Russia to “sell” their munitions in exchange for Russian commodities or Rubles.

Btw, If Russia takes the entire Black sea coast including Odessa, and a significant chunk of eastern Ukraine, could Russia declare victory and then ask to end the conflict?

That’s so true, other then China which doesn’t want to seem supply arms, NK and the CIS nations could be obliged by Russia to “sell” their munitions in exchange for Russian commodities or Rubles.

Russia has plenty enough arms. They don't need Chinese arms. China uses different caliber bullets and artillery anyway so logistically it wouldn't make sense.

However, China could supply Russia with additional raw materials should they be needed.

Btw, If Russia takes the entire Black sea coast including Odessa, and a significant chunk of eastern Ukraine, could Russia declare victory and then ask to end the conflict?

Only under the condition Ukraine will never join NATO. That way the next time when Russia invades again Russia will again take more land.

I doubt Russia has 5,500 cruise missiles. We knew Russia had already expended 50% of their air launched cruise missiles at 1,200 total missiles launched. At that point they probably had 200-400 ALCMs left.

I’ve seen estimates of Russia having a stockpile of 1,000 Kalibrs.

Maybe 500 Iskander K cruise missiles and 1,000-1,500 Iskander-M ballistic missiles.

I think 3,000-4,000 missiles. They’ve expended a lot of their cruise missiles.

The US has a stockpile of around 10,000 cruise missiles.

Add to that anti-ship missiles used against land targets, and such. It also includes ridiculously old stuff like Luna-M, and R17, which are so inaccurate, that they are near useless in modern warfare.

Russia is a huge country, and trying to gather weapon stocks from places near Arctic, or in the middle of Siberia is outright impossible under their current manpower shortage.

They can only ship heavy weapons by rail under current conditions.

Boris Johnson has put the maximum sanctions on Russia, is busy campaigning throughout the world to isolate Russia, is openly declaring transfer of gamechanging weapons to Ukraine.. and he takes a stroll in Kiev.
Any other nation would have taken care of him there. The Russians are really incompetent.

What is this your "help me mama he is hurting me" cry.

Look Mr, if you can't handle it don't reply to me.

As for this SMO is concerned the Russians are going to win it no doubt. One way or the Ukraine in its previous borders seized to exist in 2014, since then its just slice and dice, till the blues and yellows come to their senses.

Think about Ukraine as the Yugoslavia of the north. After each iteration it becomes a bit smaller.
Lol, you started replying to me.

The only reason why I'm calling a mod in is because the last time I defended myself, the other guy got me in trouble.

I'd rather keep my record clean and not get banned.

Boris Johnson has put the maximum sanctions on Russia, is busy campaigning throughout the world to isolate Russia, is openly declaring transfer of gamechanging weapons to Ukraine.. and he takes a stroll in Kiev.
Any other nation would have taken care of him there. The Russians are really incompetent.

Boris Johnson is a crazy hooligan who loves a good fight in the street. No one takes him seriously. Don't forget, Russia can arm Argentina with combat drones to take Falklands. If I were Boris Johnson I best not mess with Russia.

You can understand him. He has partygate on one side, and Indians shapening knives on the other. He needs something quite extraordinary to rescue his premiership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom