What's new

Russian Economy almost the same size like Germany according to Worldbank

germany has 82 million russia has 142 million List of countries by GDP (PPP) per capita - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and if you look at the worldbank data per capita in ppp you will see russia is one of the richest eastern european countries with 2100 dollars, germany has only twice more with 4000 dollars and south korea has only 50% more, thats all in only 20 years capitalism how many time had germany or south korea after ww2 to build it all up.
Was Germany not split into east and west germany?

germany has 82 million russia has 142 million List of countries by GDP (PPP) per capita - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and if you look at the worldbank data per capita in ppp you will see russia is one of the richest eastern european countries with 2100 dollars, germany has only twice more with 4000 dollars and south korea has only 50% more, thats all in only 20 years capitalism how many time had germany or south korea after ww2 to build it all up.

Every country, every politician, every region can make their excuses. Russia has the highest oil+gas reserves in the world, highest number of nuclear bombs, highest land area, and Germany has none of that. Yet, Germany with a lower population has a higher GDP. This means, at the moment, Germany is ahead of Russia. Do not forget, East Germany was under Soviet occupation for long time.

Did you do a google search and post the first link huh? Maybe you should read on the depressurization technique which was pioneered on basis of the siberian hydrates in the 70's.

This technique that you speak of was an accidental discovery, production of free gas resulted in depressurization of the reservoir causing the liberation of methane trapped in the ice. The theory was first postulated when the field was shut down from 1979-82 and to every ones surprise reservoir pressure increased post shut down. During the shutdown, reservoir pressure was restored to equilibrium by gas hydrate dissociation. This discovery can be attributed to fortuitous well placement more than Russian ingenuity.

Circular, Volumes 1074-1082
By Geological Survey (U.S.)
One of the primary objectives of the U.S. Geological Survey and USSR Ministry of VNIGNI cooperative research agreement is assessment of the resource potential of the known gas hydrate accumulations The gas hydrates in Soviet Messoyakha field located in the West basin and those of the Prudhoe Bay Kuparuk River in northern Alaska are the most studied gas accumulations in the world and the focus of cooperative research efforts The production history the Messoyakha field has demonstrated that gas are an immediate producible source of natural gas that production can be started and maintained conventional methods Geologic similarities between Messoyakha and Prudhoe Bay Kuparuk River gas hydrate accumulations further suggest that the gas hydrates may also be a producible source of gas The Messoyakha field discovered in 1968 was first producing field in the northern part of the Siberian basin Gas yields from the upper part of Messoyakha reservoir were unusually low and of production data suggested the presence of natural occurring gas hydrates Subsequent analyses of temperature data and well logs confirmed the of gas hydrates in the upper part of the reservoir thus separating the Messoyakha field into upper gas hydrate and lower free gas accumulation Long term production from the gas hydrate part of Messoyakha field has been achieved by a depressurization scheme. As production began in 1969 the reservoir pressures followed predicted values However by 1971 the measured reservoir began to deviate from predicted values a deviation has been attributed to the liberation of free gas dissociating gas hydrates Soviet researchers estimated that about 36 percent ISS billion cubic feet of the gas withdrawn from the Messoyakha field come from the gas hydrates.

What I implying is that Russia is not backward nation as your media claims it is .Secondly,have you heard of Gaffney,cline and associates those guys claim to be impartial consultants ,but act as an really aggressive sales team.One of my friends from College happens to be in Reservoir engineer in Reliance and has told me how Baker Hughes Gaffney,cline tried to ram its Baker Hughes and its affiliates products into the company's throat and then What Reliance did.

And yes your companies are losing reputation overseas because of their aggressive sales pitching .Should I talk about Halliburton crap cementing job that was one of the very major reasons for Deepwater Horizon disaster.

The companies you refer to as ‘your companies’ are multi-nationals they owe no allegiance to nations, most are working hard to maximize profits at the expense of national interests be it the US, Russia, India or China.

This technique that you speak of was an accidental discovery, production of free gas resulted in depressurization of the reservoir causing the liberation of methane trapped in the ice. The theory was first postulated when the field was shut down from 1979-82 and to every ones surprise reservoir pressure increased post shut down. During the shutdown, reservoir pressure was restored to equilibrium by gas hydrate dissociation. This discovery can be attributed to fortuitous well placement more than Russian ingenuity.

Almost all major discoveries have been accidental and on the basis of that great inventions have been made and Makogon's material seem to suggest that there was already debate about this in 70's so much for the accidental discovery hypothesis.

Like how Mr.Louis Pasteur said 'chance favors the prepared mind'. Still every technique has ingenuity ,whether accidental or intentional.So,the russians discovered it,developed and improved it and its still working. So call me when your corps produce methane hydrate commercially.

Quality of GDP is significantly different for Russia and Germany

Russia is an oil and gas exporter. Basically, another Saudi Arabia (e.g. everybody's favorite gas station).

True, Russia is an oil and gas exporter, it’s also a large exporter of timber, seafood and so fourth. The point is that all that makes up a small percentage of the total GDP.

Germany is a strong industrial power.

As is Russia. German is one of Russia’s largest importers, in both energy as well as products, so many of Germany’s heavy industries likely rely on Russian goods such as steel and fuel. Many industries around the world import raw material from Russia, and without those imports it would be very difficult to do business. How can you make a dishwasher if you have no supplier of materials?

While the quantitative aspect of GDP for Russia may start to approach Germany, the qualitative difference is as wide as ever (e.g. no such thing as a Russian Siemens or Mercedes Benz).

True, Russia has no equivalent to Mercedes but neither does China. There is a lot of new companies and innovation coming from Russia. Lets take Marussia for instance, the company only started up in 2007 but is already making a name for itself. All of Marussia’s vehicles are selling out, equally as important the company has supposedly opened showrooms in London and Monaco. The company hopes to market their cars through Europe, Asia, and the United states.

6 years ago Marussia did not exist, and now they are in Formula 1, selling out their vehicles, and opening showrooms across the world. The performance of these cars is equally as impressive, 0-60 times are comparable to or faster than Lamborghinis and Ferraris, 3.2-3.7 seconds depending on source. The weight is also something note worthy, they weigh in at only around 2,400 lbs, most other super cars weigh in at around 3,000-3,300 lbs despite frantic efforts to make the cars as light as possible.

Before you continue rambling, can you name the Russian equivalent of Siemens or Mercedes Benz? How about a Russian version of Carl Zeiss? I didn't think so.

Can you name a German equivalent to Sukhoi or Gazprom?

No one outside of Russia or a determined Indian has ever heard of those companies.

Lets be perfectly honest. 99% of people do know any of the heavy industries and engineering firms regardless of where they originated from. If you ask people around the world what Coca Cola is, most will recognize the brand, ask people around the world if they recognize large US, German, Russian or Chinese industries and most will not. You yourself probably had to Google those German companies. You would not know most large engineering firms, construction firms, or heavy industry firms without searching for them and you know that. So your above comment is tasteless.

lol, so by the end of WWII USSR had a high end military complex?
Might pointing out some of the products that this complex produced?

I can‘t tell if you are sarcastic or if you truly believe in the nonsense that you just typed? After the war the Soviet Union was aggressively developing everything from, aircraft to rockets, to armor.

And I would like pointing out some of the products produced, does the Mig-15 or T-54 ring any bells? Both were cutting edge at the time.

I can‘t tell if you are sarcastic or if you truly believe in the nonsense that you just typed? After the war the Soviet Union was aggressively developing everything from, aircraft to rockets, to armor.

And I would like pointing out some of the products produced, does the Mig-15 or T-54 ring any bells? Both were cutting edge at the time.

Mig-15 had British engines. The copy of the B-29 (Tu-4 i believe) comes into mind as well as a product of the high end military complex, as do the things from the Lend-Lease programme that were reverse engineered.

For the T-54, i take it back, i didn't know prototype apeared in 1945.

Now i dont want to leave an impression that i think the USSR just copied everything...some was even voluntarily given, only a fool would not accept, im just trying to put things into perspective.

Every country, every politician, every region can make their excuses. Russia has the highest oil+gas reserves in the world, highest number of nuclear bombs, highest land area, and Germany has none of that. Yet, Germany with a lower population has a higher GDP. This means, at the moment, Germany is ahead of Russia. Do not forget, East Germany was under Soviet occupation for long time.

east germany makes only up to 15 million people

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom