What's new

SAC FC-31 Stealth Fighter: News & Discussions

If J-31 is good. You will have see the 81 star instead of the eagle.. What so work up? J-20 wins the 5th gen competition for PLAAF. Everybody's knows that. J-31 suppose to be an export stealth version offer by PRC. An export version of course is inferior..

Did you see US sells their F-22? No.. They sell an export version called F-35.

J-20 is the best of what PRC has, it will not be export. J-31 will be the one exported.

You are an optimistic guy that's all right. But I think any person with a reasonable mind will know that to believe SAC can make money out of this fifth generation fighter which most potential buyer is still the third world country is way too optimistic. Unlike JF-17 which use all mature technology from J10, SAC has no experience on fifth generation bird, this project needs great invest on R&D by SAC. Besides, it's an twin engine plane which will make it even more expensive.

I don't believe J-31 is for export only. And I extremely don't believe China is capable enough to use inferior technology on its fifth generation fighter. It's just an medium size fifth generation plane which is different from J20, that's all.

And BTW, US also buy F35 for their own force.

You are an optimistic guy that's all right. But I think any person with a reasonable mind will know that to believe SAC can make money out of this fifth generation fighter which most potential buyer is still the third world country is way too optimistic. Unlike JF-17 which use all mature technology from J10, SAC has no experience on fifth generation bird, this project needs great invest on R&D by SAC. Besides, it's an twin engine plane which will make it even more expensive.

I don't believe J-31 is for export only. And I extremely don't believe China is capable enough to use inferior technology on its fifth generation fighter. It's just an medium size fifth generation plane which is different from J20, that's all.

You did not answer why only F-35 is exported while F-22 is not. Same as J-20 and J-31 cases. I think I do not need to explain more. Even a 5 years old kid will know which is better. Thanks!

My take on the name/designation is that PLAF may not order this new jet, therefore it may not ever get a J-number. Note even JF-17 is not a true PLAF J-jet. What people are guessing at this point is, if PLAF every purchase the new jet it may get assigned J-21. Or, judging from the number printed on the prototype now, it might be J-31 even. However, no one knows this point. If PLAF is behind this project, you will see the 81 star, I am sure.

Let's suppose eventually PLANAF or PLAN orders this new jet for either landbased use or AC, it would be under a different designation. Either JH-XX or H-XX, I think.

Also, about the name, it is widely rumored the bird is "Falco rusticolus", which is a large falcon living in the cold, northern areas. In other words, it is where ShenYang is. This bird may be called a Gyrfalcon in English.
Gyrfalcon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
It has a more fearful name in chinese.

...so I almost missed teh whole show? ...

I like that CG frontal shot. A gorgeous bird!

That said, what I hate, though, is that SAC image designer/s, complete nutters!

1, why the heck put a so complicated eagle sign there alongwith all those circles?

2, why the heck put some Chinese Characters all over it?

3, why the heck it’s so colourful? With red, white, light blue , dark blue, grey, light grey allover?

4. why the heck paint a white nose?

And for god’s sake 5, why have its interior painted bloody red, if the exterior is dark blue?

It’s said that it has int’l sales in mind, but trust me any potential buyer who is willing to give ya 80mio+ bucks will have a minimum level of aesthetic taste, on colours at least, except India of course.

It doesn’t matter if SAC has no clue whatsoever on some basic universally-accepted concepts of elegance, they only need to look at those long-established classic car designs at doorsteps.

Take a Merc or Porsche, which black coloured Porsche with red leather seats? And which Merc with BIG “M-E-R-C-E-D-E-Z” letters together with some complicated animal sign sticker with all the colours one can gather painted right on its side door?

Or have you seen, ever, an elegant Armani black dinner dress with a giant colourful “A-R-M-A-N-I” sticker on its chest? :no:

For god sake even distasteful Yankee RL are not as low as that, so when they put on a big horse sign on those Olympics suits at least they used 1 colour. :rofl:

Is there any elementary level interior designer available in Manchuria, I mean seriously?

This J-31 looks gorgeous structurewise, don’t get me wrong, yet those s@#kers who put on the aforementioned 5 stunts should be rounded up and shot!

hear, hear, a Chinese that actually makes sense. Congrats, buddy, very level headed post and most likely very close to the truth.
It does not make sense to design a jet just for export. Buyers that want China hi-tech (with enough cash) are quite limited. But im sure every dirt poor country with a dictator at the helm would want one, how will they pay is another matter.

If J-31 is good. You will have see the 81 star instead of the eagle.. What so work up? J-20 wins the 5th gen competition for PLAAF. Everybody's knows that. J-31 suppose to be an export stealth version offer by PRC. An export version of course is inferior..

Did you see US sells their F-22? No.. They sell an export version called F-35.

J-20 is the best of what PRC has, it will not be export. J-31 will be the one exported.

1. F-35-U.S. is using as well to replace F16
2. There isn't enough info if it is going to be exported or not.
3. If it is exported it won't be the most lethal version. For example.. China/Pakistan's Jf-17's will be more advanced then lets say Azerbaijan.

In all seriousness, what is preventing India from befriending with China? Forget about history, the trend is China will become a military and economy power. The worst thing is to make enemy out of it. Why not embrace it instead?

India can buy J-31 (or whatever it is called). Cheaper and simpler to operate. The deal would ensure no future wars will happen between China and India. So India can focus on its own issues especially peacefully co-existing with Pakistan.

Anyone can swallow their pride without getting sick (was it from a Japanese idiom?)

In all seriousness, what is preventing India from befriending with China? Forget about history, the trend is China will become a military and economy power. The worst thing is to make enemy out of it. Why not embrace it instead?

India can buy J-31 (or whatever it is called). Cheaper and simpler to operate. The deal would ensure no future wars will happen between China and India. So India can focus on its own issues especially peacefully co-existing with Pakistan.

Anyone can swallow their pride without getting sick (was it from a Japanese idiom?)

if not for our own PM, the entire Kashmir would have been ours. In '71 we captured 93000 PoWs. We still didn't forced pakistan to return the rest of Kashmir. We still don't want it.. what do u think ? we are war-mongers ?

if not for our own PM, the entire Kashmir would have been ours. In '71 we captured 93000 PoWs. We still didn't forced pakistan to return the rest of Kashmir. We still don't want it.. what do u think ? we are war-mongers ?

Great another Einstein fed up on Indian Media.

I doubt this bird will be of any competition for the J-20. However, if successful, it might just impose serious threat to the stealth version of JF-17. If SAC can produce this at moderate price, what would Pakistan do? Keep working with CAC on the JF-17 or jump to SAC?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom