What's new

SAC FC-31 Stealth Fighter: News & Discussions

j1oenBc.jpg

yVhghia.jpg

IRoxB2V.jpg

qSJkFpw.jpg

New engine is nearly ready for this baby!

Looking forward to test flights using the new engine starting next year!

PS thrust-weight ratio of 9,with possibility for further upgrades。:laughcry:

120032vdbnvlvlu8dzv4ew.jpg.thumb.jpg

120033p4yufx8ff44lirlk.jpg.thumb.jpg

A just reported J31 new test flight at 2013-7-17 12:01 Beijng time.

I have been wondering if there is any thing going wrong, because the test flight has been suspended for quite a while. OK, here it is!:laugh:

@cnleio or anyone else that knows:

It's been claimed that the Project 310 plane have failed to win the contract for China's next carrier-based stealth fighter last month. The 611 Institute (CAC???) have won the competition and the first flight is expected by 2015.

What's the word on the street regarding this claim?

Last edited by a moderator:
@cnleio or anyone else that knows:

It's been claimed that the Project 310 plane have failed to win the contract for China's next carrier-based stealth fighter last month. The 611 Institute (CAC???) have won the competition and the first flight is expected by 2015.

What's the word on the street regarding this claim?
Yes, most rumors said ChengDu 611 Institute won the navy fighter contract. But one thing, i can sure that J-31(project 310 by ShengYang 601 Institute) really a project by SAC self-raised funds, not like ChengDu J-20 a national project selected by PLA military.

Future PLAN's carrier-based figher will be some J-10 improved version and next-gen fighter developed from J-20. Well they just told me that.

About the destiny of project 310 ... nobody know yet ... still a prototype i think it's only one way for ShengYang 601 Institute to continue development of project 310, just export it to foreign buyers who interested in J-31.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, most rumors said ChengDu 611 Institute won the navy fighter contract. But one thing, i can sure that J-31(project 310 by ShengYang 601 Institute) really a project by SAC self-raised funds, not like ChengDu J-20 a national project selected by PLA military.

The Project 310 fighter may be privately funded but SAC was trying to get the Navy contract, did they not?

Also, didn't CAC J-20 had a competitor?

Future PLAN's carrier-based figher will be some J-10 improved version and next-gen fighter developed from J-20. Well they just told me that.

About the destiny of project 310 ... nobody know yet ... still a prototype i think it's only one way for ShengYang 601 Institute to continue development of project 310, just export it to foreign buyers who interested in J-31.

SAC is going to have a problem selling this fighter. AFAIK, customers won't buy it if the host nation's military rejects it.

The Project 310 fighter may be privately funded but SAC was trying to get the Navy contract, did they not?
Also, didn't CAC J-20 had a competitor?
SAC lost again, J-31 might GAME OVER.

I heard this from CAC won the naval competition.
130332i8y0amz8nt0pvhy8.jpg.thumb.jpg

27_122874_1b1f0635d7a76c3.jpg

SAC is going to have a problem selling this fighter. AFAIK, customers won't buy it if the host nation's military rejects it.
They can accept joint develop to attract investments from foreign countries or buyers.

Come on guys, let's design next-gen stealth fighter together ~! :laugh:

As long as the reasonable price, China can provide the whole J-31 assembly lines. Expensive F-35 or Cheaper J-31, everyone can make a choice.

I doubt that the project is dead, after all the hyping, I think the project is going ahead and will be offered to foreign markets like originally planned.

SAC lost again, J-31 might GAME OVER.

I heard this from CAC won the naval competition.
130332i8y0amz8nt0pvhy8.jpg.thumb.jpg

27_122874_1b1f0635d7a76c3.jpg

They can accept joint develop to attract investments from foreign countries or buyers.

Come on guys, let's design next-gen stealth fighter together ~! :laugh:

As long as the reasonable price, China can provide the whole J-31 assembly lines. Expensive F-35 or Cheaper J-31, everyone can make a choice.

The navalized J-20 looks too ridiculous, I doubt it's anything more than a CGI artist having fun.

Back
Top Bottom