What's new

Sachin Tendulkar - myth or man?

ALLAH is arabic name of GOD. In english you call it GOD while in arabic you call it ALLAH. If you find my arguments absurd then dont bother to comment. Thanks

your argument is absurd.. 'cause you don't know what u are talking about. u only picked a line which you found comfortable to answer & ignored the rest of my post. just to let u know.. i'm named after one of the most revered god of hindu mythology. does that mean anyone can't call me by my first name just because it's one of our god's?? just 'cause something doesn't suit your liking, doesn't mean that it's inappropriate. so.. stop chewing on it & give it a rest!!

Ok guys leave it..concept of GOD in Hinduism is very confusing.. I think i should have create a different topic about GOD in Hinduism if we are allowed to strart religous topic on this forum :)

Ok guys leave it..concept of GOD in Hinduism is very confusing.. I think i should have create a different topic about GOD in Hinduism if we are allowed to strart religous topic on this forum :)

na.. what you need to do is to understand the concept of god in different relegions in the first place before passing your judgement on how people should interpret the same. i wouldn't dare to tell you how you should interpret god in your culture & society. 'cause i haven't got much of a clue about it. same way unless you understand someone's culture, you shouldn't try & preach them how they should go about their job!! that's all!!

na.. what you need to do is to understand the concept of god in different relegions in the first place before passing your judgement on how people should interpret the same. i wouldn't dare to tell you how you should interpret god in your culture & society. 'cause i haven't got much of a clue about it. same way unless you understand some one's culture, you shouldn't try & preach them how they should go about their job!! that's all!!

Relax janja, I don't think any other religion labelled their sports men as GOD. Its first time i heard this on forum from indian member and gave my thoughts about it without insulting anyone and there is nothing wrong with constructive debate.

Now lets get back to topic to glorify indian GOD sachin..Sorry i shoudl say Hindu GOD sachin becuase i dont think muslims and christian indians will consider him God :)

Relax janja, I don't think any other religion labelled their sports men as GOD. Its first time i heard this on forum from indian member and gave my thoughts about it without insulting anyone and there is nothing wrong with constructive debate.

Now lets get back to topic to glorify indian GOD sachin..Sorry i shoudl say Hindu GOD sachin becuase i dont think muslims and christian indians will consider him God :)

i think it's the classic case of ingorance is bliss, when it comes to you!! it has got nothing to do with you or anyone else for that matter when it comes to how people of india wants to portray their hero! save your bacon for your own good. do not tax your brain too much thinking about what the various relegions of india has to consider or say when it comes to sachin!!

dude, i have a solution, in order to stop the stupidity, esp the stupidity of indians, i havent found the better solution than ignorance, ignorance is the weapon which can shut them up automatically, the more you waste energy to teach them, the more hyper than will get, the more posts you make, the more they will feel important and keep posting these rubbish things

btw you are right, i have yet to see any footballer like zidane, ronaldo, pele to yet to be labelled as god, let alone crickters like imran etc, if imran was indian, he was surely to be labelled a god because in the manner he lead a weak and young inexperienced team to victory, but their sachin could make 20s score on the final, let them say and dont bother yourself, dont bother them and they will shut up

if they label him god, let them, world will see their stupidity and foolishness, and be made bunch of laughing stock

Question : Who should we give title of god?
Answer : GOD..someone who has got divine power..omnipotent, omniscient beings..creator/orginator of universe..

I want you to explain me your defination of " GOD" because indian defination of GOD is something different than what dictionary suggest

Buddy, first tell me, WHO gave your IMAGINARY FRIEND the term GOD? Show the process followed, show the review log, show pictures and documentary evidence - notarised.

Otherwise - DON'T COMMENT ON STUFF YOU ARE CLUELESS ABOUT.

25ivlkw.jpg

Wrong. Maradona. The hand of God. Lookup and read all about that goal. The only thing keeping you from understanding this concept is the inability to read the euphemism and the fact differently.

Who indiscriminatley kills hundreds with a bomb we call terrorist nd who indiscriminatley kills thousands with a tsunami we call God
originally tweeted by ram gopal varma

wow lighten up.

In modern culture people use god a term to describe someone you dont have to get religiously offended-.-.

Religous minded and arrogant.

If thats the way you feel about the word god then fine but dont shove it down on people who clearly dont agree.

Well that was batting pitch. Anyone could have hit on that day. He cames as opening batsman. If things are easy or less runs to chase then he will score.

Show me one match India won chasing 300 runs and sachin performed with bat.

are u an idiot or trying to be one .. was that pitch the only batting pitch ever made if not wht prevented others from making runs .. remeber 350 + run chase against Australia and briliant 175 knock by sachin ( we l;ost the match is another story), 2003 match against pakistan ( oops that was 25 short of magical fig of 300 )

in short get a life :angry:

Dravid aint older than sachin and some others. he was one player we used to say now who will out him as he was so much calm and cool player

he was wasted simply just like Amir Nazir was made target of politics by our cricket board

u arte correct something happened b/w Dravid and BCCI. his suddenn resignation without giving any reason is suspicious. but then he is still part of test cricket

wow lighten up.

In modern culture people use god a term to describe someone you dont have to get religiously offended-.-.

Religous minded and arrogant.

If thats the way you feel about the word god then fine but dont shove it down on people who clearly dont agree.

this is pakistani forum not an aussie or indian foru, infact you are shoving down our throat u got that????

This is a resume that I have made for Sachin Tendulkar (updated as of 2nd April 2011). It is based on a resume compiled by online journalist AR Hemant with help from Cricinfo, Wikipedia and other news sources.

OBJECTIVE
To seek career challenges keeping in view my past achievements and future goals. And to set new industry benchmarks in everything I endeavour.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
• International Cricketer: Indian National Cricket Team [1989 onwards]
• First Class Cricketer: Mumbai, West Zone, Yorkshire [1988 onwards]
• Junior Cricketer: Shardashram School, Bombay U-15, West Zone U-15 [1985-1988].
LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE
• Indian Cricket Team: 1996-1997; 1999-2000.
• Others: Mumbai, West Zone, Mumbai Indians, etc. [Various Times]
KEY OPERATIONS & MISSIONS UNDERTAKEN
1. 482 runs--- Mission Realize a billion dreams [India, 2011]
2. 664*. Enough said. [Mumbai, 1988]
3. 114*— Rescue mission against Spiteful Yellow Men on Green Earth. [Perth, 1991]
4. 523 runs— Mission My World Cup. [India, 1996]
5. 155*— Operation Deflate Warne [Chennai, 1998]
6. 143 & 134— Operation Desert Storm [Sharjah, 1998]
7. 136— Rescue Mission against the Vile Green Warriors on Dusty Earth [Chennai, 1999]
8. 98— Operation Tame Vile Green Warriors [Centurion, 2003]
9. 672 runs— Mission My World Cup II. [South Africa, 2003]
10. 241* and 60*— Mission Avoid Cover Drive [Sydney, 2004]
11. 117* and 93— Operation Slay Goliath [Sydney & Brisbane, 2008]
12. 103*— Mission Heal Mumbai [Chennai, 2008]
13. 200*— Mt 200 [Gwalior 2010]
OTHER MAJOR INITIATIVES
1. 122— Mission Hold The Empire [Edgbaston, 1996]
2. 126— Operation Protect Final Frontier [Chennai, 2001]
3. 117— Operation Kings of Queens Park [Port of Spain, 2002]
4. 193— Mission Conquer Leeds [Leeds, 2002]
5. 194*— Mission Sultan of Multan [Multan, 2004]
CRISIS MANAGEMENT EXPERTISE
1. 119*— Operation Bat Till Bedtime [Manchester, 1990]
2. 82— Mission Find New Opener [Christchurch, 1993]
3. 1-0-3-0— Operation Hold South Africa [Kolkata, 1993]
4. 169— Operation Counterattack [Cape Town, 199
5. 140*— Operation This Is For You, Father [Bristol, 1999]
6. 175— Mission Save Series [Hyderabad, 2009]
KEY ACHIEVEMENTS
1. Hundreds on Ranji Trophy, Duleep Trophy and Irani Trophy debut.
2. India’s youngest Test and ODI cricketer at age 16 years, 207 days.
3. Most runs in Tests and ODIs (14,692 and 18,111).
4. Most hundreds in Tests and ODIs (51 and 48).
5. Most ODI appearances (453)
6. Most Tests appearances for India (177).
7. Most runs in World Cups (2278)
8. 20 hundreds against Australia, the best team of my era.
9. Crossed 1000 runs in calendar year 7 times (1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2007)
OTHER BUSINESS INTERESTS
I have interests in the food and beverages industry. I partly own two restaurants in Mumbai:
• Tendulkar’s (Colaba, 2002).
• Sachin’s (Mulund, 2004).
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION
• Ph.D in Cricket.
• Secondary School, Shardashram Vidhya Mandir, Mumbai
PATENTS
I’ve mastered nearly every cricket stroke in the book, but have a special reputation for these.
• The Thunderous Bowler-Decapitating Straight Drive
• Back-foot Punch Through Cover
• Acute Paddle Sweep
• Slog Sweep Against Turning Leg-Break
• Effortless Wristy Flick Through Square Leg
• Point-Killing Square Cut
PASSIONS
• Cars & Racing: I love fast driving. I also own a Ferrari 360 Modena.
• Food: I am a foodie with a fondness for seafood.
• Music: I enjoy collecting music. Some of my favourites are Kishore Kumar, Mark Knopfler, MLTR.
AWARDS
• Arjuna Award [1994]
• Wisden Cricketer of the Year: [1997]
• Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna [1997-98]
• Padma Shri [1999]
• Player of the Tournament, World Cup [2003]
• ICC World ODI XI: 2004, 2007,2011
• Rajiv Gandhi Award for Sports [2005]
• Padma Vibhushan [2008]
• ICC Player of the Year [2010]
• Man of Match Awards: 76
o ODIs: 62 times
o Tests: 14 times
• Man of the Series Awards: 20
o ODIs: 15
o Tests: 5
MAJOR CITATIONS
• “AB, this little prick will make more runs than you.” — Merv Hughes to Allan Border. [1991]
• “This kid bats just like I did.”— Donald Bradman, World Greatest Batsman. Ever. [1998]
• “I'll be going to bed having nightmares of Sachin just running down the wicket and belting me back over the head for six. He is the best batsman I’ve ever bowled to.” — Shane Warne, World’s Greatest Leg Spinner. [1998]
• “Shit, I’m sick of this *$#%!” — Michael Kasprowicz, Australia’s Fast Bowler. [1998]
• “He will end up with 50 tons in each form of the game.” — Wasim Akram, World’s Greatest Left-arm Pacer. [2002]
• “Jaanta hai tooney kiska catch chhoda hai?”— Wasim Akram to Abdul Razzaq. [2003]
• “All we need is 11 Sachins.” — Paul Strang, Zimbabwe Leg Spinner. [1996]
• “Cricket is our religion, Sachin is our god.”— [Repeated ad nauseum by millions of fans].
• “Nothing bad can happen to us if we’re on a plane in India with Sachin Tendulkar on it.” — Hashim Amla, South Africa Batsman. [2004]
• “The archives recall not one single incriminating incident, not one drunken escapade, not one reported affair, not one spat with a team-mate or reporter. As Matthew Parris wondered of Barack Obama in these pages recently, is he human?” — Michael Atherton, Former England Captain. [2008]
• “I have seen God; he bats at No. 4 for India.” — Matthew Hayden, Australia Opener. [2008]
• “There will never be another Sachin.”— Muttiah Muralitharan, World’s Most Successful Bowler. [2009]
• “If I’ve to bowl to Sachin, I’ll bowl with my helmet on. He hits the ball so hard.” Dennis Lille, Cricket’s McEnroe & Fast Bowling Legend. [Undated]
• “Tendulkar is the best batsmen in the world ahead of Steve Waugh and Lara.” — Glenn McGrath, Australia’s Most Successful Pace Bowler. [Undated]
• “Sachin is a genius. I’m a mere mortal.” — Brian Lara, Tendulkar’s Greatest Frenemy. [Undated]
• “Tendulkar has carried the burden of nation for 21 years; It was time we carried him.” --- Virat Kohli, Indian cricketer (After winning the 2011 World Cup)
MAJOR BIOGRAPHIES
1. Sachin: The Story of the World's Greatest Batsman [by Gulu Ezekiel]
2. The A to Z of Sachin Tendulkar [by Gulu Ezekiel]
3. Sachin Tendulkar— A Definitive Biography [by Vaibhav Purandare]
4. Sachin Tendulkar— Masterful [by Peter Murray, Ashish Shukla]
5. Tendulkar Opus [by Opus Media Group]
MEDIA COVERAGE
Are you kidding me?
LANGUAGE SKILLS
Fluent in English, Hindi and Marathi.
PERSONAL DETAILS
Date of birth: April 24, 1973
Hometown:Mumbai
Family: Wife Anjali, daughter Sara, Son Arjun.
EARNINGS
Approximately Rs 60 crore annually(That ’s Rs 600,000,000 or USD 13 million or GBP 780,000 or Euro 8.7 million).
Sachin Tendulkar
Mumbai, April 2nd , 2011

Back
Top Bottom