What's new

Sad situation at wahga border

Is this only at this border post or is it done at other places like border with Bhutan, Myanmar and Nepal?
Attari ceremony started as a very basic one and has evolved overtime into what it is now. It wasn’t forced onto Paksiatn side. They also were a wiling participant to it.
Why should every thing be replicated everywhere?

Attari ceremony started as a very basic one and has evolved overtime into what it is now. It wasn’t forced onto Paksiatn side. They also were a wiling participant to it.
Why should every thing be replicated everywhere?
This drama should be stopped immediately , it always tells let us start fight and finish one another . Some people may get some false sense of pride or confidence , but it is all false .

Some people may get some false sense of pride or confidence , but it is all false .
Sense of pride, both false or real, have same impact on a human being.

I say, let it go on, even if it gives false sense of pride to a small number. Probably they may not have anything else in their life to sense the pride. Where does a common person get a chance to witness such events in person? Please don’t question wisdom of hoards of people who turn up for the spectacle. Whether they derive pride, joy or any other emotion is upto them.

I see nothing wrong with this tradition.

Last edited:
Sense of pride, both false or real, have same impact on a human being.

I say, let it go on, even if it gives false sense of pride to a small number. Probably they may not have anything else in their life to sense the pride. Where does a common person get a chance to witness such events in person? Please don’t question wisdom of hoards of people who turn up for the spectacle. Whether they derive pride, joy or any other emotion is upto them.

I see nothing wrong with this tradition.
Brother I do not agree but I respect your opinion .

I guess being so close to a different culture is indeed interesting. Signs in another language, different designs on roads, etc.
Being so close to just another country being the biggest one. Getting close to the very thin line that separates two countries is the main attraction.

Lahoris/Amritsaris won't get that.

Pakistan has a political and geographical identity.

What political identity or geographical identity does India have apart from being lumped together as erstwhile British crown subjects?
All identity given by gora ji of UK whether it is you or me.

We can identify Pakistan's but what exactly is India's founding ideology? I asked the exact question just 40 seconds ago.
Arey chacha tumhari identity to 1971 me ang bhang ho chuki hai , ab kis pakistan ki baat kar rahe ho ? 1971 ke pahle ki ya baad ki ?

Arey chacha tumhari identity to 1971 me ang bhang ho chuki hai , ab kis pakistan ki baat kar rahe ho ? 1971 ke pahle ki ya baad ki ?
How did 1971 refute Pakistan's identity? Did Bangladesh join you beasts or did they remain an independent Muslim nation?

Vile pajeet bugger oscillates between saying two nation theory is true and all Muslims should be evicted from India and now saying it has been refuted.

I want to share a joke on the subject.

The British colonized a town in Punjab. So the British commissioner surveyed the area on ways to generate income for the Queen.

The town residents used to cross a bridge to work on a daily basis. So the commissioner got the idea to collect toll tax on every town resident that crossed the bridge.

He enacted the tax, everyone paid the toll tax and no one complained. Over the coming days the commissioner increased the tax, and yet noone complained.

Few days go by, the Commissioner decided to enact more tax with a complimentary slap for every resident crossing the bridge.

Few days go by and the residents started to complain. So the Commissioner summoned a town elder.

The town elder, to the Commissioner surprise, mentioned he has no qualms with tax or a slap, the only problem for the residents was the queue to collect tax and a slap were getting longer hence they were getting late for work. Hence the town elder requested toll tax and a slap be done in a more efficient way.

This is basically the situation of people of Pakistan. A stockholm syndrome of sorts with their captors.
Not only pakistan it is same situation for India also , whole sub continent has the same character. All of them welcome and cooperate with the authority who enslaved them .

Second thing in your joke , it was very mild ,
In real joke the officer ordered to beat by shoes , people of that town went to complaint to the officer that their was shortage of manpower to beat by shoe , they demanded to appoint more people for beating by shoes . No body opposed the tax .

How did 1971 refute Pakistan's identity? Did Bangladesh join you beasts or did they remain an independent Muslim nation?

Vile pajeet bugger oscillates between saying two nation theory is true and all Muslims should be evicted from India and now saying it has been refuted.
Only fool will ask bangladedhi muslims to join a hindu land India, we are already burdened by 4 crore illegal bangladeshi muslims .
I am just asking if he was talking about pakistan before or after 1971 ? Do you still consider bangladesh as part of pakistan ?

Last edited:
I am just asking if he was talking about pakistan before or after 1971 ?
And I am asking you how Pakistan's identity would have changed after 1971 given that the thesis of the two nation theory was not challenged or affected.

Nothing sad about it, message for those who think they can change the situation by force.

And I am asking you how Pakistan's identity would have changed after 1971 given that the thesis of the two nation theory was not challenged or affected.
I was talking to other person , pl read his post first then I will answer you .

Being so close to just another country being the biggest one. Getting close to the very thin line that separates two countries is the main attraction.

Lahoris/Amritsaris won't get that.
But it doesn’t seem like Pakistanis have this level of fascination with India, which could be at the detriment of accurately understanding India, but could also indicate people don’t feel better knowing India would really impact or improve their lives in a significant way.

For Pakistanis, india is more so just another country. For those not descendants of those that emigrated at the time of partition, it really is an alien country.

Perhaps decades ago, people could look at each other while being locked in a competition, but at this point the Pakistani people don’t see themselves being allowed to compete and have stepped back including from Wagha.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom