What's new

Safari Storme beats Scorpio to replace Indian Army's Gypsy Fleet

Somehow the raw and brute safari always appealed to me than the scorpio! Great choice for the army!
lol hardly 2100cc "brute" ... :lol:

Even my cj 5 has a 3400cc engine... an thats not even half the size/weight of it.

Last edited:
Tata Motors own Jaguar and Land Rover, I hope you know what JLR is. By the way, which era do you belong to, uncle? These days SUVs don't cross 3 Ltr engines. Specific output of modern diesels is roughly 2-2.5 times what it use to be in 80s. So keep driving that tractor. Don't know what purpose Safari will serve in Army but it looks like it would be for commutation.In Indian conditions, this is more than enough.

Even my cj 5 has a 3400cc engine... an thats not even half the size/weight of it.
You do understand that cc is not the everything that counts in a vehicle, anyways I meant the looks of the safari have a raw and brute feel to it!

That is wonderful.

Maybe you should exchange your Jeep for those $hitty Toyotas and LR Defenders pak army uses, you definitely can't replace them with anything indigenous that's for sure.:rofl:

Last edited:
That is wonderful.

Maybe you should exchange your Jeep for those $hitty Toyotas and LR Defenders pak army uses, you definitely can't replace them with anything indigenous that's for sure.:rofl:

Those Land Cruisers chun out 4500 CC .. V8!

Better luck with yet another 2100cc "brute"..:rofl:

Displacement doesn't say much about the engine. The 2100cc Safari produce 400Nm of torque, how much does your 3400 cc engine produce, half of that? :lol:
It's a 5ZV EF swap .. Go figure ..:lol:

Those Land Cruisers chun out 4500 CC .. V8!

Better luck with yet another 2100cc "brute"..:rofl:

It's a 5ZV EF swap .. Go figure ..:lol:
Why dont you have a Car with a Jet engine ? because its not required, likewise IA does not require a SUV with that much of power second we are talking about 30000 vehicle what ever the initial order is second Tata cars are easy to maintain with less money. Storme serves the purpose

Quite possibly the army version........

Tata-Safari-Storme-Spy-Shot-3-side-fuel-tank-accessory.jpg

Tata-Safari-Storme-Spy-Shot-2-rear-fuel-tank-accessory.jpg

You mean 5VZ-FE ?

Produces a torque of 298 Nm, much less than than Tata 2.2L varicor engine, which produces 400Nm
146904 (1).jpg

Toyota 5VZ engine specs
Manufacturer Toyota Motor Manufacturing Alabama
Also called Toyota 5VZ
Production 1995-2004
Cylinder block alloy Cast-iron
Configuration V6
Valvetrain DOHC
4 valves per cylinder
Piston stroke, mm (inch) 82 (3.23)
Cylinder bore, mm (inch) 93.5 (3.68)
Compression ratio 9.6
Displacement 3378 cc (206.1 cu in)
Power output 142 kW (190 HP) at 4,800 rpm
Torque output 298 Nm (220 lb·ft) at 3,600 rpm
Redline –
HP per liter 56.2
Fuel type Gasoline
Weight, kg (lbs) 190 (420)
Fuel consumption, L/100 km (mpg)
-City
-Highway
-Combined for 4Runner
20.0 (12)
11.0 (21)
14.0 (17)
Turbocharger Naturally aspirated
Oil consumption , L/1000 km
(qt. per miles) up to 1.0
(1 qt. per 750 miles)
Recommended engine oil 0W-30
5W-30
5W-40
10W-30
Engine oil capacity, L (qt.) 5.3 (5.6)
Oil change interval, km (miles) 5,000-10,000
(3,000-6,000)
Normal engine operating temperature, °C (F) 90 (194)
Engine lifespan, km (miles)
-Official information
-Real

300,000+ (180,000)
Tuning, HP
-Max HP
-No life span loss
400+

equipping a 1,209 kg vehicle! :lol:

Last edited:
It's not a dick measuring thread. The requirement for PA is I guess entirely different from IA. IIRC we used to operate licenced version of a Japanese vehicle called JONGA!
I don't know what it was originally called but it had a very high fuel consumption so gradually IA shifted to Gypsy!Someone who knows what I am talking about can help me please?

View attachment 358783
Toyota 5VZ engine specs...

Absolute idiotic post! Toyota doesn't even have proper diesels and as on date, not a single international diesel engine in existence. Those time are gone uncle, after introduction of Common Rail Diesels, Toyota's have stopped selling diesels in their biggest market, USA. last time i heard, they were trying to outsource BMW's diesel.

On other hand, Tata sells Range Rover Sport 550 hp @ 6500 rpm (petrol) and Diesel 3.0 L V6 254 hp, 258 hp and 292 hp, Curb weight‎: ‎5438 lb @ ‎$81,645. Now dig that Abbajaan of SUVs!

By the way, What tractor you are talking about??o_O

Yeah its a brute. An Indian brute.

Care to tell us what your Pakistani brutes look like?

I am using Strome, The Strome , having Self Adjusting clutch , which make the clutch like feather / lightest then any Western / Japanese car.

It more Fun to Drive , only thing , i find missing EPS

I have the first generation brute. Somehow felt the suspension to be better on mine than the new Varicors. Though yeah, the extra power and torque of the Varicor 400 is very nice. Both on the highway and on climbs.

@DESERT FIGHTER forget the Pakistani brutes for a bit. We both know there are none. Not even a bruti. Coming back to the Storme, the Varicor comfortably takes the Fortuner. And pushes the new Endy very close. That's how good it is. The Chevy, Rexton, etc. are not even close.

@third eye the Scorpio does better in the hills and in tight city traffic. But its really not in the same class of a Storme. Sit in the center row and go for a long drive in both, back to back. One is a full sized SUV. The other is a stretched up and out Jeep.

Back
Top Bottom