What's new

Saudi Arabia gives Israel clear skies to attack Iranian nuclear sites

israel10.jpg

QUOTE]

Why is this supprising so many? There have been a number of posts on the same thing. The southern route has so many advantages and who would be counting if 100 Israeli F-16's did a left hook over a carrier group and 110 planes went north.

I don't see a single advantage.... if you know please quote so.
In past their had been discussion over it and i have said it before Israel has to be crazy to fly over Saudi or ask Saudi for help.

Please, also brief us why should Israel trust Saudi Arabian army for the war of its survival?

I don't know if it has been discussed that Saudi Arabia has catagorically rejected this another mischeif.

I don't see a single advantage.... if you know please quote so.
In past their had been discussion over it and i have said it before Israel has to be crazy to fly over Saudi or ask Saudi for help.

Please, also brief us why should Israel trust Saudi Arabian army for the war of its survival?

I don't know if it has been discussed that Saudi Arabia has catagorically rejected this another mischeif.

Percived advantages: 1 you dont fly over Turkey.

2:Take a good look at the defences at Natanz, if i had a choice i would come in from the south.

3: If the US just happens to have a carrier in the right place even if they dont help on the way in they make it very hard for Iran to chase Isaeli pilots on the way out.

4: Its short

5: the US has said Iraq is a no go area for an Israeli attack.

6:The house of Saud is scared of an Iranian lead revolt, better to keep them busy worrying about the US and Israel than messing in Lebanon, Syria, Palestine and Suadi.

Saudi Arabia has catagorically rejected this
Seems at the moment there are as many saying it happened as are saying it didnt. Guess it depends on who you belive. Politicians say thing all the time because it is how they want the world to be not how the world is.

Last edited:
Ahmadinejad: Israel, U.S. trying to sabotage Iran's relations with Saudi Arabia - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Sunday charged Israel and the United States of trying to sabotage relations between Iran and Saudi Arabia, a day after Riyadh denied a report in the Times claiming it had agreed to allow Israel to use its airspace to attack Iran.

"Undoubtedly, the U.S. and the Zionist regime are the enemies of Iran and Saudi Arabia, so they are trying to create a gap between Tehran and Riyadh," Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said during a meeting with Saudi Arabia's new ambassador to Tehran.

"If Iran and Saudi Arabia stand together, our enemies won't dare continue with their aggressive behavior, with occupation and pressure on the Muslim world," the Iranian president declared during his speech.

On Saturday, Saudi Arabia's ambassador to Britain, Prince Mohammed bin Nawaf, denied that his country had practiced standing down its anti-aircraft systems to allow Israeli warplanes passage on their way to attack Iran's nuclear installations, the London-based Arabic language paper Alsharq al Awsat reported.

The Times had reported that the Saudis have allocated a narrow corridor of airspace in the north of the country that would cut flying time from Israel to Iran.

Israel and the West accuse Iran of designs on a nuclear bomb, a charge it denies.

"The Saudis have given their permission for the Israelis to pass over and they will look the other way," the Times quoted an unnamed U.S. defense source in the area as saying. "They have already done tests to make sure their own jets aren't scrambled and no one gets shot down. This has all been done with the agreement of the [U.S.] State Department."

Once the Israelis had passed, the kingdom's air defenses would return to full alert, the Times said.

"We all know this. We will let them [the Israelis] through and see nothing," the Times quoted a Saudi government source as saying.

According to the report, the four main targets for an Israeli raid on Iran would be uranium-enrichment facilities at Natanz and Qom, a gas-storage development at Isfahan and a heavy-water reactor at Arak.

Secondary targets may include a Russian-built light-water reactor at Bushehr, which could produce weapons-grade plutonium when complete.

Than, those are totally brain washed people……. who have no access to facts.

What?

If they knew facts they can found more reason to get annoyed at Indian relationship with US and Israel!!!!

Depends on one's viewpoint. You overstate Iran's trading relations with India which are economic alone and given that Iran is much isolated, it needs more trading partners. Iran is at odds with both the US and Israel. As for annoyance, US presence near Iran's borders is equally a matter of annoyance that any other.

You fellows have no idea that all our active wars with India were managed and supported by Israel and little more.
As return India always fought shoulder to shoulder with Israel, in their wars with Arabs..

This is a misconception on your part. Where has anyone denied Israeli support for India during the Indo-Pak wars?

Now imagine Pakistan and Arabs know….. Iran as an integral part of an unholy triangle.

Why? How have you substantiated this?

Here, i don't blame Iran people but honestly those Dajjal imposed Mullahs don't even care for their own people.... the way they torture their own people just to keep the regime control in their hands.... speaks volume of it.

Dajjal imposed? By what reasoning have you come to this conclusion? The current governmental structure was forged by Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini. Are you arguing that he was a pawn for Dajjal (Anti-Christ)? If so, then i couldn't disagree with you more. If this is because of a sectarian stance then I wish to continue the debate no further.

There is internal political turmoil within Iran in varying degrees but I don't see how you have related it to this issue. Furthermore, there is political disunity as such in Pakistan as well and by no means is the establishment there with cleans hands either. I frankly do not know of such a state as well. Like they say in Urdu, "auron ki buri baat to bahti nahi tujko magar apni burai nazar ati nahi tujko." When one end is viewed disproportionately, it results in bias alone and clotted views.

In context to Pakistan’s relationship with US, what you totally ignored is our pressing compulsions, options and level of un-comfortness..... You only see US-Pakistan through the goggles which your regime has put on your eyes.

You refuse to use the same logic concerning Iran's case for necessitating trade links with India. I could also say that you are only using goggles that de-mean India at every instance to balance the argument.

Where as in reality, Pakistan is and will remain the only country in the world which was sanctioned by US most in the world. At one point of time, our sanctions were three folds.
Historically, Iran sanctions were.... limited to paper level…..every thing comes in at raised coast via private corporations of Mullah’s but at slightly higher cost.... sanctions means blessing for Mullahs.

I would disagree on Pakistan being the most-sanctioned country by the US. You under-estimate the level of sanctions imposed by the US and it's allies on Iran. The country has looked inwards and developed it's industries to counter its needs. There are numerous other restrictions imposed on Iran. The sanctions, it can be argued this way, that they have forced Iran to become more self-reliant.

We are no stupid and know clearly what our threats are and where we can trust, in worst case scenario.

I certainly hope so. How does this relate with the case present here though?

Iran’s role in Iraq episode is also quite clear…… where Iran made various adjustments with US via it’s proxies like Mulla Sadar….. so, we have no shame in our so called links with US and least Iran need to comment as Pakistan has always put aside its interests with US and supported Iran on every diplomatic ground, more than its strategic partners, India and USSR.
I wonder, if you know it?

I've already discussed with you concerning Iran's role in Iraq hence I shall not repeat it. As for Pakistan's links with the US, there are dependent on Pakistan's will and the judgment of it's inhabitants. So whether Pakistan takes pride in it or not, this is a Pakistani matter. What is the argument here?

The USSR as a strategic partner of Iran? How did you come to this conclusion? Iran was completely at odds with the USSR since the coming of the revolution. Iran also supported groups within Afghanistan during the Soviet occupation despite having a war on it's western front. Even prior to that, the US-installed colonial Pahlavi government was equally watchful of the Soviet Union. As for supporting Iran, we were very much alone during the Iran-Iraq war and are very much alone in the world today. I wonder, if you know it?

Last edited:
Hi
Saudi Government has clearly stated that this news is baseless, now people can come up with their own strategies of attack & all, but this thread has lost it's essence after Saudis clarification.

If so, then i couldn't disagree with you more. If this is because of a sectarian stance then I wish to continue the debate no further.
I believe it so because Ayat Ullah's so called revolution was engineered in UK.
I care least about sect. and religon.... i'm the person who says their is no big difference between two sects. and where the difference is leave it to individual belief.
You can find many selfish loosers from Pakistan complaining but that is foul, play. You have already seen how many soldiers and civilians we have lost to terrorists using Indian, Israeli and Russina wepons! what does it tell you?

Iran is my favorite state due to its gegraphy, food and culture but i have also seen your 4 paper only english daily and your TV. This is why i see your news only show you what serve them best.

And you said Iran has only trade links with India.... .well if you consider granting construction contracts and allow Indians to develop small bussiness like resturants and allow them work permits on preferential basis....than you have no idea... you have already half lost to what you call your enemy.... Israel.

Here is some glimps to Indo-Israel union in Indo-Pak war.

Israel helped India turn around Kargil war?

Tel Aviv stepped in with unmanned reconnaissance aircraft or drones in the battle zone to assist India direct its war effort. This was one force multiplication Pakistan had not reckoned with.
"Unmanned UAVs make a lot of difference. They fly for much longer - up to 24 hours and are able to sense even simple movements on the ground,” he said.
The Israeli Heron and Searcher UAVs were critically useful for target information, as most of India's aerial surveillance aircraft were either too quick, or vulnerable to enemy missile fire.

Though, we have intelligence reports that Israeli special forces had been to the war zone before during and after the war.

Here is a brief (post8) from a discussion on this forum:
Its hardly a surprise, Israel helped or atleast offered to help India during '65 and '71 war without having official diplomatic ties with New Delhi. Our support for Palestinians drove India and Israel closer as India played the "Look, muslims hate us too" card very well and finally secured Israel as ally in the nineties.
Rest is open book.

How India-Israel created Bangladesh

Last edited:
☪☪☪☪;928925 said:
I think more likely sectarian thing.He supports Taliban so i am not surprised.In other words secterian b*g**

[B]I thank u for calling me b*g**, thats exactly what i am and iam proud of it. Atleast iam not a hypocrite (munafik), atleast iam not selling my countries brother's and sister's. :cheers:

Saudi Arabia: We will not give Israel air corridor for Iran strike

Prince Mohammed bin Nawaf refutes Times of London report saying Saudi Arabia practiced standing down its anti-aircraft systems to allow an Israeli bomb run.

By Haaretz Service Tags: Israel news Iran nuclear Saudi Arabia

Saudi Arabia would not allow Israeli bombers to pass through its airspace en route to a possible strike of Iran's nuclear facilities, a member of the Saudi royal family said Saturday, denying an earlier Times of London report.

Earlier Saturday, the Times reported that Saudi Arabia has practiced standing down its anti-aircraft systems to allow Israeli warplanes passage on their way to attack Iran's nuclear installations, adding that the Saudis have allocated a narrow corridor of airspace in the north of the country.

Prince Mohammed bin Nawaf, the Saudi envoy to the U.K. speaking to the London-based Arab daily Asharq al-Awsat, denied that report, saying such a move "would be against the policy adopted and followed by the Kingdom."

According to Asharq al-Awsat report, bin Nawaf reiterated the Saudi Arabia's rejection of any violation of its territories or airspace, adding that it would be "illogical to allow the Israeli occupying force, with whom Saudi Arabia has no relations whatsoever, to use its land and airspace."

Earlier, the Times quoted an unnamed U.S. defense source as saying that "the Saudis have given their permission for the Israelis to pass over and they will look the other way.

"They have already done tests to make sure their own jets aren’t scrambled and no one gets shot down. This has all been done with the agreement of the [U.S.] State Department."

Once the Israelis had passed, the kingdom’s air defenses would return to full alert, the Times said.

Despite tensions between them, Israel and Saudi Arabia share a mutual hostility to Iran.

"We all know this. We will let them [the Israelis] through and see nothing,” the Times quoted a Saudi government source as saying.

According to the report, the four main targets for an Israeli raid on Iran would be uranium enrichment facilities at Natanz and Qom, a gas storage development at Isfahan and a heavy-water reactor at Arak.

Secondary targets may include a Russian-built light water reactor at Bushehr, which could produce weapons-grade plutonium when complete.

Even with midair refueling, the targets would be as the far edge of Israeli bombers' range at a distance of some 2,250km. An attack would likely involve several waves of aircraft, possibly crossing Jordan, northern Saudi Arabia and Iraq.

Aircraft attacking Bushehr, on the Gulf coast, could swing beneath Kuwait to strike from the southwest, the Times said.

Passing over Iraq would require at least tacit consent to the raid from the United States, whose troops are occupying the country. So far, the Obama Administration has refused this.

On Wednesday the United Nations passed a fourth round of sanctions against Iran in an attempt to force it to stop enriching uranium. But immediately after the UN vote, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad vowed the nuclear program would continue.

Israel hailed the vote – but said sanctions were not enough and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has refused to rule out a raid.

Netanyahu's predecessor, Ehud Olmert, is believed to have held secret meetings with high-ranking Saudi officials over Iran.

Saudi Arabia: We will not give Israel air corridor for Iran strike - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News

Israel and Passing through Saudi Airspace

One of our popular proverbs says "how do you know if something is a lie? From its size!" This popular proverb applies to the news that Saudi Arabia has secretly agreed to allow the Israelis to use its airspace to carry out air strikes against Iran.

The news reports that Riyadh has entered into an agreement with Israel [to this effect], while at the same time Israel is facing another problem, namely that US President Barack Obama's administration will not allow Israel to use Iraqi airspace to attack Iranian nuclear sites!

So is it reasonable that Saudi Arabia – which has no ties with Israel and who the Israeli Foreign Minister has accused of being responsible for an international political and media campaign to distort the image of his country – would agree to allow Israel to use its airspace to strike Iran, while Washington – Israel's greatest ally – would refuse to allow Netanyahu's government to use Iraqi airspace to attack Iran?

This is illogical and incorrect, and it is very important that Saudi Arabia was quick to deny this and nip the "news laundering" operation in the bud, which is something that is evident in our region.

It is true that there are a large number of disputes between Saudi Arabia and Iran, this is no secret, but Riyadh does not act recklessly or gamble, for Saudi Arabians are not known for their adventurism or risk-taking in the field of politics or foreign relations. Let us recall an important story which displays the extent of Riyadh's wisdom and discipline, even in the darkest circumstances. Following the 1996 Khobar Towers bombings, in which a number of US soldiers were killed, and after lengthy investigations into this attack, US President at the time Bill Clinton – who is a friend to Saudi Arabia – send a senior US official to convince Riyadh that Iran was responsible for this bombing. Washington wanted Saudi Arabia to announce this publicly, because the US administration had announced that it would respond to those who were behind this [terrorist] operation, whether it was a state or individuals. However the Saudi Arabians did not comply with Washington's request, despite the fact that all the information they had obtained independently from their own investigations following this terrorist attack [corroborated this].

The Saudi Arabians could have placed Iran in the cross-hairs, or within the reach of the raging American bull. It is true that at the time relations between Riyadh and Tehran were witnessing something of a détente, but Saudi Arabia was not fooled by what Iran was doing on the ground. Riyadh had not forgotten a history which was full of problems with post-revolutionary Iran; however Saudi Arabia did not respond [to this] and undertake any action that would inflame the region, even to trim Iran's claws.

This does not mean that it would be possible for Saudi Arabia to tolerate the presence of a nuclear Iran, but the Saudi behavior cannot reach the point of recklessness and inciting wars, not to mention military cooperation with Israel, regardless of the reasons or justifications. Therefore this entire issue is not believable – even to those who believe in conspiracy theories – especially when it is being reported that Saudi Arabia has agreed to allow Israel to use its airspace, while the US is refusing to allow Israel to use Iraqi airspace! Therefore we say that the greatest evidence that this is a lie is from its size!

London: Saudi Arabia has conducted tests to stand down its air defences to allow Israeli warplanes to use its airspace in any bombing raid on Iran's nuclear facilities, The Times newspaper reported Saturday.

"The Saudis have given their permission for the Israelis to pass over and they will look the other way," a US defence source in the region told the paper.

"They have already done tests to make sure their own jets aren't scrambled and no one gets shot down. This has all been done with the agreement of the (US) State Department."

Riyadh denied the British report on Saturday, calling it "false" and "slanderous," the official Saudi Press Agency (SPA) reported.

"Saudi Arabia has followed the false and slanderous allegations reported by some British media that it would let Israel attack Iran via its airspace," SPA quoted a foreign ministry official as saying.

The kingdom "rejects violating its sovereignty or the use of its airspace or territories by anyone to attack any country," the unidentified official said, noting that Saudi Arabia does not have diplomatic ties with the Jewish state.

Israel, which regards Iran as its principal threat, has refused to rule out using military action to prevent Tehran developing nuclear weapons. Iran says its nuclear programme is aimed solely at power generation.

The Times said Riyadh, which views Iran as a regional threat, had agreed to allow Israel to use a narrow corridor of its airspace in the north of the country to shorten the distance in the event of any bombing raid on Iran.

It said that a source in Saudi Arabia said the arrangement was common knowledge within defence circles in the kingdom.

"We all know this. We will let them (the Israelis) through and see nothing," the source told The Times.

Back
Top Bottom