What's new

Saudi Arabia Has Started An Arms Race

Will there be direct military confrontation between Iran and KSA in the next 10 years?

• Total voters
I think France are too close the US orbit, and on top of that they can be bribed with more arms deals by the Saudis. Even supposing they sell us anything, there is more a guarantee that they will stop spares support than not.
Yes,thats why You would need to have full,complete indigenous production of the aircraft and its engines,avionics and weapons and this would also need to be the case with the su30 as well,its the only way to safely insure that you dont fall victim to any sanctions blackmail or other political/economic game playing,anything else even local assembly is just a complete waste of time and leaves you far,far too vulnerable.
Now there is another option and I mention it only because it does exist and that would be to follow the dprks example ie a nuclear deterrent,OR at least to credibly threaten the possibility of this if iran doesnt get what it wants ie good old political blackmail or "if we are going to be prevented from acquiring new fighter aircraft and conventional weapons then we may have no choice but to seriously reconsider our non nuclear weapons policy!",its basically an implied threat of a nuclear armed iran with everything that would entail and I think if delivered in the right fashion it could be very,very effective as a nuclear armed iran would completely alter the power balance in the region and certainly not in favor of the west and its vassals.Personally I think iran urgently needs to start playing hardball with the west especially now that you have a,to my mind at least,potentially very dangerous [deranged possibly?] imbecile like trump running the show,unfortunately I just dont think rouhani and co are even remotely up to that sort of task at all sadly.
Then again there is the chinese option I suppose but technologically their engines and avionics are still not up to the standards of the west/russia but then again an inferior su30 copy is probably better than no su30 at all and they will always need iranian oil so thats a potential pressure point.
The other option would have been an indigenous program to reverse engineer and ultimately reengineer and improve the f14 but sadly I think iran has left it far,far too late for that option,realistically a program like that would`ve had to be begun at least a decade ago in order for it to be reaching fruition now,hell the iranian airforce didnt even have the resources to upgrade the f14 fleet to "M" standard.
Regardless of who supplies what the simple fact is that it needs to be supplied and soon,iran has neglected its regular military for far too long and it now risks paying the price of that neglect and negligence,we can only hope that the events in saudi wake irans leaders up to these facts right now rather than later.

unfortunately I just dont think rouhani and co are even remotely up to that sort of task at all sadly.

I think actions speak louder than words. "Speak softly, and carry a big stick" etc. Well Rouhani and his government are certainly doing the speaking softly part, and if we look at the military achievements in the past 4 years, as well as the advances against the terrorists in Syria esp. Aleppo, the big stick is being carried. And there's always Dehqan to respond verbally to Saudi threats, which I'm sure you heard.

Then again there is the chinese option I suppose but technologically their engines and avionics are still not up to the standards of the west/russia but then again an inferior su30 copy is probably better than no su30 at all and they will always need iranian oil so thats a potential pressure point.

I think the issue is the Chinese aren't going to damage China-Russia relations by selling copies of Russian aircraft, especially seeing those aircraft like the flankers are actually turning into a major revenue source for Russia.

You would need to have full,complete indigenous production of the aircraft and its engines,avionics and weapons and this would also need to be the case with the su30 as well,its the only way to safely insure that you dont fall victim to any sanctions blackmail or other political/economic game playing,anything else even local assembly is just a complete waste of time and leaves you far,far too vulnerable.

The Russians are notoriously stingy with TOT.

Too much handbags its about time Saudi and Iran fight it out to see whos the real boss

Iran is a developing country !!! Not developed it is a 3rd world country it has no real allies
?!!!
Can you number Russian allies?

@AmirPatriot Brother,
I voted for no. Nowadays we are stronger and we are able to bomb the sh** out of them. And due to the fact that we are not invaders, if we could keep this superiority, there will be no war even in the future. We are the beacon of peace in the middle east and will keep this situation with internal strength.
GCC monarchs are always afraid of P, in fact afraid of rise of Arab people against their tyrant kingdoms so they have no public base among the majority of their populations. These monarchs , just like shah , always look for foreign God fathers, remember after USA's threat to their kingdom, they wet their panties and agreed with 350 B$ arms deal.
In this situation, we are like a scarecrow for GCC crows. And USA is the only beneficial of it.

Monarchs are a bunch of coward rats, we must stay sharp for USA-Israel and leave rats to their people.

@raptor22 Agreed with you sir

In 21st century the world havent seen any direct war between two sides having deadly arsenal of weapons.such as Iran and Saudi Arabia.

?!!!

@AmirPatriot Brother,
I voted for no. Nowadays we are stronger and we are able to bomb the sh** out of them. And due to the fact that we are not invaders, if we could keep this superiority, there will be no war even in the future. We are the beacon of peace in the middle east and will keep this situation with internal strength.
GCC monarchs are always afraid of P, in fact afraid of rise of Arab people against their tyrant kingdoms so they have no public base among the majority of their populations. These monarchs , just like shah , always look for foreign God fathers, remember after USA's threat to their kingdom, they wet their panties and agreed with 350 B$ arms deal.
In this situation, we are like a scarecrow for GCC crows. And USA is the only beneficial of it.

Monarchs are a bunch of coward rats, we must stay sharp for USA-Israel and leave rats to their people.

@raptor22 Agreed with you sir
I know it that you ask me about russia, russia is not an ally of iran !!!

lol........if what I say wasn't true Mike, sawdi's wouldn't be buying all these weapons, Trump wouldn't have gone over to reassure them over their fortunes in SyRaq/ Lebanon/ Yemen and Iran wouldn't have been singled out as public enemy #1.
Was asking about the part you said Iran already controls Syria. How does Iran already control Syria when even Iran's proxy Assad still doesn't control even half of the country with the war still raging on with no end on sight ?

Iran is a developing country !!! Not developed it is a 3rd world country it has no real allies
I know. However, it's not just Iran. Almost every country in the middle East, north Africa and South Asia is a developing country except Israel (Gulf states also have very high living standards though, not sure if they also fall under developed country). So we can't just pick on Iran.
I agree though, Iran and other countries in the region should focus on internal development as well. You can't be a relatively poor developing country with your people struggling to meet their basic needs while spending billions sponsoring proxy terror groups in the region. This money could be better spent home until the country has achieved a certain standard of living and development. However, I do recognise the Iranian islamic government is also after securing their interests in these neighbouring countries. It's difficult when a country is ruled by religious/ideological regimes they tend to be less pragmatic/less flexible. Note that during the shah's era there was no Sunni-shia sectarian proxy wars in the region. Funny enough the region was rather peaceful and Arabs/muslims could focus on Israel. Funny enough it seems the islamic revolution in Iran instead help deviate countries in the region from that. Which I find rather ironic.

russia is not an ally of iran !!!
Really?!,NO SH1T!?
giphy.gif

Was asking about the part you said Iran already controls Syria. How does Iran already control Syria when even Iran's proxy Assad still doesn't control even half of the country with the war still raging on with no end on sight ?

I know. However, it's not just Iran. Almost every country in the middle East, north Africa and South Asia is a developing country except Israel (Gulf states also have very high living standards though, not sure if they also fall under developed country). So we can't just pick on Iran.
I agree though, Iran and other countries in the region should focus on internal development as well. You can't be a relatively poor developing country with your people struggling to meet their basic needs while spending billions sponsoring proxy terror groups in the region. This money could be better spent home until the country has achieved a certain standard of living and development. However, I do recognise the Iranian islamic government is also after securing their interests in these neighbouring countries. It's difficult when a country is ruled by religious/ideological regimes they tend to be less pragmatic/less flexible. Note that during the shah's era there was no Sunni-shia sectarian proxy wars in the region. Funny enough the region was rather peaceful and Arabs/muslims could focus on Israel. Funny enough it seems the islamic revolution in Iran instead help deviate countries in the region from that. Which I find rather ironic.
Saudi arabia,Uae,Qatar,Kuwait,Lebanon,Oman,Bahrain,Syria,Israel and even yemen is not even a 3rd world

They got a few. Just to name a few:
Armenia(they got military bases there and I believe a defence pact)
Belarus(military base and formal alliance)
Kazakhstan(hosts Russian radar stations and anti-ballistic missile testing range, plus a Russian space launch facility)
Serbia
Algeria
India(though their relations have gone down conpared to Soviet times)
Kyrgyzstan(host Russian military bases and is part of Russian led Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO), and the Eurasian Economic Community)
many other central Asian countries are also in Russia's sphere of influence and allies like Tajikistan(host Russian Military Base about 6000 strong) .

Some will add:
Cuba
Moldova
Venezuela
China(though they are not allies per se just strategic partners) etc

In short Russia is still a major world player in its own right and an industrialised military power(something Muslim countries lack) even though it's a far cry from its Soviet days :)

Saudi arabia,Uae,Qatar,Kuwait,Lebanon,Oman,Bahrain,Syria,Israel and even yemen is not even a 3rd world
Yemen is 4th world.lol Syria and Lebanon are definitely 3rd world . The rest(gulf states/KSA)have quite high living standards, but srael is one of the only recognised developed OECD country in the region with the highest HDI (but funny enough even so, Israel is still the second poorest member in this grouping, tells you just how far behind the other countries are)

Last edited:
Is this thread about the same Saudi Arabia which can't even fight the Houthies or it's about another country in another planet?!

To deep hell mate :lol:
There are no allies in this world, only mutual interest and as long as that remains politicians like to label it as an alliance for the appeasment of the masses.

Russian support for iran will vanish in ME as soon as they have accomplished their own objectives.

The sooner a country learns that, the more secure its future becomes by pre emptive planning.

Those who rely on others pay the price for their folly.

Back
Top Bottom