What's new

Saudi Arabia wants to buy 600-800 Leopard tanks from Germany

"almost" makes it meaning less but hey go for it mate good luck

As you like man. I think like you, KSA should have her indigenous arm industry, but it's good that they have started it already, albeit lately.

With all due respect and love to our Pakistani brothers and products but I can't believe you guys comparing Leopard 2A7 with Al-khalid.

It's even superior to American Abrams m1a2 in protection, mobility, fire power and in almost everything.

Nah mate, we're not comparing them ! I'm sure the Leopards are a formidable piece of equipment but we're just asking wouldn't it be something if (forget the Al-Khalids...we think highly of them but..forget it !) Saudia Arabia had instead gone for a joint venture with Turkey for an unpgraded Altay built as per Saudi specifications ? Between the M-1A2s and the existing Leopards the Saudi Armed Forces have more than an admirable armored foot print and with no immediate threat looming in the near future wouldn't it be a worthwhile exercise to actually be engaged in a project where you take part in everything from the designing to the prototype and then re-designing and finally manufacturing a world-class MBT like the Altay, in contrast to getting the blue-prints for manufacturing a Leopard ! You tell which of the two would be a better learning experience ? Which of the two would have a greater opportunity to improve upon the design drastically as per your own specifications ? Which if the two would give a greater independence to the Saudi Armed Forces and which of the two would benefit the defense industry in the Muslim world the most ?

To hell with us Pakistanis with our Al-Khalids but the Altays are a sweet...sweet tank worth looking at ! Had the Saudi High Command made the decision to join up with the Turks in the initial stages of the Altay....I'm sure the two of you would have been able to attract even a European country in addition to the Koreans who made some sort of contribution to the project !

But what do I know...? There is a reason why I'm sitting on my arse a 1000 miles from you whilst the Saudis who get to make these calls are sitting in the GHQ in Saudi Arabia ! :undecided:

This aint my life , iam watching Euro 2012 , but maybe you dont have a TV or they dont allow you to watch it other than iranian propoganda

You must be real mad bro to post all these flags loool. You got dominated on the Armenia thread so you had to run away to this one :rofl:

As you like man. I think like you, KSA should have her indigenous arm industry, but it's good that they have started it already, albeit lately.

You know one thing we lack in Muslim world is defense industry. We have scientists. We have populations. How we ever going to move forward if we do not support each other. If Arabs going to fight Israel their weapons wont work you know that. Against Iran Turkey is producing as good as Iran. It would be cheaper and it would provide work for Turks or Pakistan. But now hey these Sauds want to feed Germans

Nah mate, we're not comparing them ! I'm sure the Leopards are a formidable piece of equipment but we're just asking wouldn't it be something if (forget the Al-Khalids...we think highly of them but..forget it !) Saudia Arabia had instead gone for a joint venture with Turkey for an unpgraded Altay built as per Saudi specifications ? Between the M-1A2s and the existing Leopards the Saudi Armed Forces have more than an admirable armored foot print and with no immediate threat looming in the near future wouldn't it be a worthwhile exercise to actually be engaged in a project where you take part in everything from the designing to the prototype and then re-designing and finally manufacturing a world-class MBT like the Altay, in contrast to getting the blue-prints for manufacturing a Leopard ! You tell which of the two would be a better learning experience ? Which of the two would have a greater opportunity to improve upon the design drastically as per your own specifications ? Which if the two would give a greater independence to the Saudi Armed Forces and which of the two would benefit the defense industry in the Muslim world the most ?

To hell with us Pakistanis with our Al-Khalids but the Altays are a sweet...sweet tank worth looking at ! Had the Saudi High Command made the decision to join up with the Turks in the initial stages of the Altay....I'm sure the two of you would have been able to attract even a European country in addition to the Koreans who made some sort of contribution to the project !

But what do I know...? There is a reason why I'm sitting on my arse a 1000 miles from you whilst the Saudis who get to make these calls are sitting in the GHQ in Saudi Arabia ! :undecided:

You know if the Turks and Sauds produced a good product we could buy it, Anyway I am sure Pakistan and Turkey worked on or are working on cruise missile and also Turks helped us with F16 parts

mate nobody is saying dont buy the leopard , but they are even acting up so you SA should say , eh look if you are acting up on selling me the tanks ok i dnt f... need you i will make my own or join up and develop together with someone else

We lack air i would say is more appropriate , i think most muslim countries can do good tanks ( altay , al-khalid) , navy ( milgem ) but we need to make own JETS and also maybe air defence aswell so Jets and air defence and we are good going , Pakistan is already very good at missiles e.g babur

You know one thing we lack in Muslim world is defense industry. We have scientists. We have populations. How we ever going to move forward if we do not support each other. If Arabs going to fight Israel their weapons wont work you know that. Against Iran Turkey is producing as good as Iran. It would be cheaper and it would provide work for Turks or Pakistan. But now hey these Sauds want to feed Germans

You know if the Turks and Sauds produced a good product we could buy it, Anyway I am sure Pakistan and Turkey worked on or are working on cruise missile and also Turks helped us with F16 parts

Good choice by the Saudis the leopard 2 is curretly one of the best tanks in the world.

Arayan

haven't you seen the amount of respect people have given you in another thread.

don't you still not see the signs !

Arayan

haven't you seen the amount of respect people have given you in another thread.

don't you still not see the signs !

Your and your mates' (who believe those little tin pots dictators in Saud can do no wrong) abusive ad hominem attacks whether behind my back or when I am on a thread are just that and add little gravitas to any discussion on any thread.

back on topic Good luck to Sauds on their multi billion pound purchases from the west

@Raptor No Tank in the world can survive an ATGM attack , which happened in Lebanon.

Alkhalid is like a Sohrab Bicycle infront of Leopard. You can buy 3 Ak's in the price of one Leopard.

This aint my life , iam watching Euro 2012 , but maybe you dont have a TV or they dont allow you to watch it other than iranian propoganda

Bro I am watching Euros as well. Too bad Turkey are soo terrible at football they can't even qualify. Iran is going to be at the World Cup in 2014, I would say see you there, but I doubt it!!

Any source for that ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom