What's new

Saudi Arabia wants to buy 600-800 Leopard tanks from Germany

Almost most Soviet arms in foreign countries are export versions not only Iraqis. Soviet night vision equipment were not as good as the western ones. So, they got hit before they even see the enemy.

The Warsaw pact got the better models of the weapons, India, Vietnam and several others, the main problem is with arab military is the lack of training, the terrible coordination, an no good intelligence.

Black Eagle I will even tell you why the arabs lost 1948 war and palestine the same problems they had in 1948 they have today.

1. In 1948 the Israelis had more soldiers then the Arabs.
2. Israel united all it's groups under a single coordination, the Arabs had their own ambitions for example, Jordan which fought Israel only wanted the West Bank and Jerusalem so they fought a defensive war the Israelis didn't have to worry about the Jordanians while fighting Egypt.
3. Jordan had the most modern units in the 1948 also commanded by British which is why they managed to hold on to the west bank.
4. it's not a David vs Goliath when the Arabs first came Egypt, Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, Iraq, Saudi Arabia they had at the beginning around 20,000- 25,000 troops Israel had 40,000-45,000 troops.
5. the Arabs never had any coordination, Lebanon fought very little, Syria had it's own ambitions to the North, Egypt had it's own in the Negev etc etc the Arabs had no united command they didn't trust each other.

I have more but I will stop their with 1948, Arabs lost due to :Arabs had fewer troops, no coordination, no unification, own ambitions they did not trust one another.

So it's superior to Abrams, leclerc , leopard, challenger. if it is why aren't the gulf buying this superior tank over the current western tanks.

I heard there is a guy named Bandar bin Sultan that only let the ones who pay him most sell ,weapon to KSA

The Warsaw pact got the better models of the weapons, India, Vietnam and several others, the main problem is with arab military is the lack of training, the terrible coordination, an no good intelligence.

lack of training....AGREE
the terrible coordination.......AGREE
no good intelligence.....replace it with no good education.

Anyway, that was 30 years ago, it's different now.

lack of training....AGREE
the terrible coordination.......AGREE
no good intelligence.....replace it with no good education.

Anyway, that was 30 years ago, it's different now.

incorrect both the gulf war 2003 and libya showed it. refer to my post on how you lost palestine in 1948.

Black Eagle I will even tell you why the arabs lost 1948 war and palestine the same problems they had in 1948 they have today.

1. In 1948 the Israelis had more soldiers then the Arabs.
2. Israel united all it's groups under a single coordination, the Arabs had their own ambitions for example, Jordan which fought Israel only wanted the West Bank and Jerusalem so they fought a defensive war the Israelis didn't have to worry about the Jordanians while fighting Egypt.
3. Jordan had the most modern units in the 1948 also commanded by British which is why they managed to hold on to the west bank.
4. it's not a David vs Goliath when the Arabs first came Egypt, Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, Iraq, Saudi Arabia they had at the beginning around 20,000- 25,000 troops Israel had 40,000-45,000 troops.
5. the Arabs never had any coordination, Lebanon fought very little, Syria had it's own ambitions to the North, Egypt had it's own in the Negev etc etc the Arabs had no united command they didn't trust each other.

I have more but I will stop their with 1948, Arabs lost due to :Arabs had fewer troops, no coordination, no unification, own ambitions they did not trust one another.

Yes, mostly agree.

I saw the Palestine vs Pakistan football match here in Lahore last year ! We lost 2-1 and to watch it, especially after a season of watching the Premier League, was painful to say the least ! Our team could probably be owned by some 3rd tier team like Leeds United ! Damn and to think that we've got some exceptional players in Pakistan; I've played with a couple ! :woot:

You cheeky Butty that's my team look where I am from. But in laws are from Barcelona and that is who my boys and wife support. Man Barcelona are a class act at the moment. my brother in law plays for a second division team in Spain. Its tough competition there.

incorrect both the gulf war 2003 and libya showed it. refer to my post on how you lost palestine in 1948.

Man, I need allot of time to refute this, but I am not in the mood now. you can't take Iraq neither Libya as a model for this.

Man, I need allot of time to refute this, but I am not in the mood now. you can't take Iraq neither Libya as a model for this.

Look I'm trying to have a decent discussion with you, right now no arab country can fight israel or the usa because you also lack one thing arabs had in the past a superpower backing you with equipment the closet thing I see to this is Russia and China but no arab country has a very close relationship with them except syria.

So you agree jordan fought for it's own ambitions ? no united command no cooperation what good is mass amounts of troops if you cannot train them well or mobilize them.

Don't you think saving the largest part of Palestine is more than enough for the tiny Jordan?!

LOL@ Pakistani members trying to desperately market the Al-Khalid to the Arab on this thread. :lol::no:

Not so yaar. The concept that I was trying to push is for Muslims to count our countries have to produce weapons themselves and be self reliant. Out of us lot the only countries that have sufficient population to have a good industrial base is Turkey Iran or Pakistan. imo Arab countries may be Egypt. Now these countries are all making progress in weaponry. I am happy whenever I hear Iran or Turkey make advances even though I am Pakistani. So it would be nice if Muslims could buy if at all possible from each other and cooperate. Man I would rather jobs go to Turkey rather than Germany. Is that such a bad thing as to have some on here fight and ignore or look down on what I say or push it as self serving for my own country??

We Pakistanis and Iranians have experience that when we are in the middle of a war supplies being cut off. Buying weapons make us dependent and reliant on third parties. I would rather rely on Turks Iranians or Arabs than Americans or Germans

Don't you think saving the largest part of Palestine is more than enough for the tiny Jordan?!

But you fought to keep it as apart of jordan not palestine But I will give you props you did better then Syria and Lebanon under british command and the most modern units.

You cheeky Butty that's my team look where I am from. But in laws are from Barcelona and that is who my boys and wife support. Man Barcelona are a class act at the moment. my brother in law plays for a second division team in Spain. Its tough competition there.

I know...I know do you think I didn't read that ! :D Yeah I like Barca too but my heart's set on Liverpool eik din Anfield ka Hajj karnee zaroor jaoon ga ! :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom