What's new

Saudi fighter jet crashes in Gulf waters

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
RIYADH: A Saudi F-15 fighter with only the pilot on board crashed into Gulf waters while on a training mission in the kingdom's Eastern Province, the defence ministry announced on Monday.

The plane fell into "Saudi territorial waters and the search for the pilot is still ongoing," the ministry said, adding that an investigation has been launched into the cause of the crash.

The "accident" took place on "a routine mission led by Lieutenant Pilot Fahad bin Faleh al-Masareer on Sunday evening" from King Abdul Aziz air base in the Eastern Province, it said, in a statement carried by official news agency SPA.

A similar incident took place last May when another Saudi F-15 crashed in the same region and its pilot was killed.
Saudi fighter jet crashes in Gulf waters - geo.tv

RIP to F-15 and hope soon pilot is recovered and safe.

I still maintain my position Current F-15s upgrades and F-35s should have been ordered, split between 54 F-15SA and 36 Typhoons or 54 F-35s and 35 F-15SA.

RIP to F-15 and hope soon pilot is recovered and safe.

I still maintain my position Current F-15s upgrades and F-35s should have been ordered, split between 54 F-15SA and 36 Typhoons or 54 F-35s and 35 F-15SA.
There were offered F-35 but really bad version so they went for stealth F-15

There were offered F-35 but really bad version so they went for stealth F-15

No RSAF were not offered F-35s but RSAF had leverage to order F-35s or else divert to more Typhoons. I would take F-35 with any version over F-15 by design and input F-35 is a next Generation not 70s-80s plane.

Hope the pilot is well and returns home safe and sound-

btw how come there was only one pilot in F-15?--

Hope the pilot is well and returns home safe and sound-

btw how come there was only one pilot in F-15?--

F 15 also have a single seat version

DCSFC3F-15CRSAF428thFighterSquadron.jpg

This may be a screen from some game but you can see this in Red Flag videos USA also operating single seat F-15's as well

F 15 also have a single seat version

DCSFC3F-15CRSAF428thFighterSquadron.jpg

This may be a screen from some game but you can see this in Red Flag videos USA also operating single seat F-15's as well

Well i know that- but

RIYADH: A Saudi F-15 fighter with only the pilot on board crashed into Gulf waters while on a training mission in the kingdom's Eastern Province, the defence ministry announced on Monday.

The news made it sound like its not F-15C- so i asked-

same day, In the second incident, an aircraft of the Saudi Hawks Team, also on a routine training mission, was approaching the runway at King Faisal Air Base in the northwestern province of Tabuk when it crashed due to a technical glitch, said another SPA report.
"The source added that the pilot was able to use parachute and survived. He was taken to the hospital," the report said.
Technical teams have been formed to investigate the causes of the twin accidents, it added.

same day, In the second incident, an aircraft of the Saudi Hawks Team, also on a routine training mission, was approaching the runway at King Faisal Air Base in the northwestern province of Tabuk when it crashed due to a technical glitch, said another SPA report.
"The source added that the pilot was able to use parachute and survived. He was taken to the hospital," the report said.
Technical teams have been formed to investigate the causes of the twin accidents, it added.

Al7amdallah good news the pilot is ok.

MASHA ALLAH. I am hopeful that in near future they wil more EF-2000 being made in Alsalam Factory with local contents INSHA ALLAH. Ameen.

Back
Top Bottom