What's new

Saudi troops to participate in Pakistan Day parade

Yes they maybe brother for you when they grant medals to terrorists, back stab pakistan on Kashmir issue, blackmail pakistan on joining a new block, and voting against us in FATF...

I respect your opinion, but that is how I feel. No middle east country is our brother with exception of Turkeye.

Though I have no hard feeling towards the people in middle east. They are tired of their rulers too.
Saudis are exception. Relatively speaking, there is a day and night difference b/w Iranian n Saudis. Pakistan F them publicly on Syrian and than Yemen issue. So this FATF , Kashmir, well my friend, it’s a two way road. You cannot be asking all the time and than not return the favor, when it’s your turn to help. They still help you from going bankrupt, didn’t they??

Yes they maybe brother for you when they grant medals to terrorists, back stab pakistan on Kashmir issue, blackmail pakistan on joining a new block, and voting against us in FATF...

I respect your opinion, but that is how I feel. No middle east country is our brother with exception of Turkeye.

Though I have no hard feeling towards the people in middle east. They are tired of their rulers too.

Preach bro.

Pakistan is likely going along with it for diplomacy efforts. Although Saudi hasn’t been on Pakistan’s side when it comes to recent issues especially concerning India and Kashmir.

Saudi and Pakistan relations are deep, some even say it closer than china but its mostly covert and i guess Pakistan is happy with it. Saudi and UAE have always stood by Pakistan in times of extreme need.

Send them back. Useless.
They stabbed Pakistan hard over Kashmir. No need for them to turn up with their troops, no offence to the average soldier their leaders are hypocrites.

Eh, we didn't support them in Yemen or against Iran so this is to be expected.

We shouldn't invite Arabs at all. There is no need..

Saudi troops to participate in Pakistan Day parade

March 05, 2020

ISLAMABAD: A batch of Saudi troops will participate in Pakistan’s national day parade on March 23, as the South Asian nation prepares to commemorate the 79th anniversary of the Pakistan Resolution that was adopted in 1940 by the leaders of Pakistan movement who wanted a separate homeland for the Muslims of Subcontinent.

According to official sources in Riyadh, 50 commissioned and non-commissioned officers of the Saudi land forces will participate in the military parade. The Kingdom will also send 10 paratroopers to participate in the event.

This will be the third time Saudi troops will participate in the Pakistan Day parade. Previously, they joined the celebrations in 2017 and 2019.

During the national day parade, Pakistani armed forces display tanks, missiles, drones and other weapons systems.

Pakistan and Saudi Arabia enjoy close ties and enjoy strong defense cooperation. The two countries also hold joint military exercises quite frequently.

Earlier this week, Saudi troops won the silver medal at the third Pakistan Army Team Spirit (PATS) Competition, which concluded on Wednesday at the National Counter-Terrorism Center (NCTC) near Kharian in Punjab.

On Monday, March 2, Saudi Deputy Defense Minister Prince Khalid bin Salman visited Pakistan and held separate meetings with Prime Minister Imran Khan and General Qamar Javed Bajwa to discuss ways of enhancing strategic cooperation.

https://www.arabnews.pk/node/1637261/pakistan
who is guest of honor on this day? last time it was Mahatir? I suggest inviting Italian PM..

Erm, eh, ahem they didn’t support Pakistan in Kargil or the 2001 standoff!!

If you expect them to stab Pakistan in the back on Kashmir over Yemen then the two are not even remotely comparable. Kashmir is sacred to Pakistan, Yemen just went up recently.

Not Arabs bro, can’t generalise. Just keep the Gulf ones out, along with Saudi.
They refused to raise the cries of our Kashmiri people in the OIC, then to hell with it.

maybe, if we had kept our fcking mouths shut not let it run off all the times! Claiming to be defenders of the 2 holy mosques and Saudi state? I can imagine Saudis interpretations were more loosely in there thinking. We then got caught out claiming neutrality in there threats and wars they got into bit to late u turn-Why spouse your religious obligations to all instead keeping it private. Use it when required

Erm, eh, ahem they didn’t support Pakistan in Kargil or the 2001 standoff!!

1. Their relations with India are also important to them
2. They've done other things for us
3. I would like evidence that they openly condemned Pakistan

If you expect them to stab Pakistan in the back on Kashmir over Yemen then the two are not even remotely comparable. Kashmir is sacred to Pakistan, Yemen just went up recently.

That won't make a difference to them. Look, just don't mix emotions with politics. View things pragmatically.

who is guest of honor on this day? last time it was Mahatir? I suggest inviting Italian PM..

I do not know, I could not find any information on who will be the guest of honor.

I do not think that the Italian PM will come however.

Let's look at the previous two years.

Chief guests from the past two years:
2018 Maithripala Sirisena[19] Sri Lanka President of Sri Lanka
2019 Mahathir Mohamad[20] Malaysia Prime Minister of Malaysia

Foreign contigents from the past two years:
2018 Saudi Arabian Special Forces Saudi Arabia
2018 UAE elite unit[22] UAE
2018 Jordanian Armed Forces Band Jordan
2019 Azerbaijan Army
23px-Flag_of_Azerbaijan.svg.png
Azerbaijan
2019 People's Liberation Army Air Force China
2019 Turkish Air Force Turkey
2019 Saudi Arabian Army (Paratroopers) Saudi Arabia
2019 Royal Bahraini Army (Paratroopers) Bahrain
2019 Royal Brunei Land Forces (Paratroopers) Brunei
2019 Sri Lanka Army (Paratroopers) Sri Lanka

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pakistan_Day

When you look at the previous two guests of honor, I would rule out Malaysia and Sri Lanka.
Based on the presence of foreign contigents from the last two years, it might occur that someone from those countries will be chief guest of honor.
I do not think however that this will be a representative of China, Saudi Arabia, UAE and Turkey.
I think Pakistan will go for a 'safe' option that will not provoke any allies; someone from a country that is currently not involved in any conflict (especially not a conflict with another ally).

My guess is therefore that the chief guest of honor will be one of the following heads of state:
1. President of Azerbaijan
2. Sultan of Brunei
3. Sultan of Bahrain
4. King of Jordan

Last edited:
1. Their relations with India are also important to them
2. They've done other things for us
3. I would like evidence that they openly condemned Pakistan

Sure of course their relations with India are important, as are Pakistan's relations with Iran and every other country. The lives of our soldiers are more precious than anything. We don't need to be cannon fodder "Ajam" for them.
2. Pakistan has done even more for them.
3. They don't need to condemn Pakistan directly, throwing Kashmir to the wind was message enough.

That won't make a difference to them. Look, just don't mix emotions with politics. View things pragmatically.

Oh it should do, their miserable battlefield performances have now left them in dire straits.
I'm with you 100% on mixing politics with emotion, we don't need to play along with super duper holy brother anymore, treat them like any other country i.e. with respect but nothing special.

Sure of course their relations with India are important, as are Pakistan's relations with Iran and every other country.

And we should emphasise that. Our Iran card has been highly underused.

I'm with you 100% on mixing politics with emotion, we don't need to play along with super duper holy brother anymore, treat them like any other country i.e. with respect but nothing special.

No, respect is off the table too. Other nations are to be viewed as toothbrushes. So long as they're useful, maintain them, but once they age, toss them out and find another. It's that simple. Don't get sad, don't get happy, don't get angry. Just be neutral.

Send them back. Useless.
They stabbed Pakistan hard over Kashmir. No need for them to turn up with their troops, no offence to the average soldier their leaders are hypocrites.

Hypocrites are those who shot down a Ukraine's passenger jet and refused to accept it until Justin Trudeau pulled their pants down in public.
No offence to the Iranian public, suffering the brutalities of evil regime.

They are coming to take part. not watch. Soon their oil will run dry...then we can crack their backs

You need to wait until end of times to crack Saudis backs. Sorry to disappointing you.

Back
Top Bottom