What's new

Save Taliban or save Pakistan

I will have to post this link once again then i guess..

Virtual Bangladesh : History : Economic Exploitation

It says that:

East Pakistan blame three instruments of the Central Government for their plight:-

Pakistan's scant investible resources, plus foreign aid, are directed unduly to the development of West Pakistan - to the comparative neglect of East Pakistan
In particular, East Pakistan's foreign trade earning are diverted to finance imports for West Pakistan.
Economic policy favors West Pakistan at the expense of East Pakistan. Specifically, tariffs, import controls, and industrial licensing compel East Pakistan to purchase commodities from West Pakistan which, but for the controls could be obtained more cheaply in world markets.

From 1948-60 East Pakistan's export earnings had been 70%, but its share of import earnings was only 25%.
A sizable net transfer of resources had taken place from East to West Pakistan. The report states that, if allowance is made for the undervaluation of foreign exchange in terms of Pakistan's domestic currency, the total transfer from East to West Pakistan over the period 1948/49-1968/69 was Rs 31,000,000,000 [1971 terms]. Using the then exchange rate of Rs 11.90 to the dollar, this worked out to 2.6 thousand million dollars in 1971 terms.

Now coming to mathematics...
If the export earnings of East Pakistan was to the tune of 70% of the total;
Budget allocation(starting at 35% and going to 45%) even to the tune of 45% does not make much a good sales pitch...
If they were earning 70%; budget allocation ideally should have been ~ 70%...

But that is not actually possible nor it is a good thing to do...
It will be like asking 6% of total budgetary allocation for Mumbai itself as it contributes ~6% to India's' GDP...
And cities like mine will never get a new road ever..!!

Still I dont think E. Pakistan ever got its fair share...
Jahan aag hai wahin se dhua nikalta hai...

With the hindsight, one can call it as an error of judgement on the part of the Quaid when he declared that national language of Pakistan would be Urdu. This was the first reason of discontent which started as early as 1948.

Korean War started when fighting erupted along the 38th parallel in 1951. Many nations started hoarding commodities including jute with Pakistan as major exporter of Jute reaping rich rewards.

In most of the post-independence period up to 1965, Pakistan exports consisted mainly of jute, cotton and agricultural produce with jute contributing almost 60% of the foreign exchange earnings. Demand of jute declined and by 1970, the share of Jute exports was about 50% of total Pakistan FE earnings.

According to a study conducted by J Russel Dares & AzizAli F Mohammed published in 1966 under the title "Trade, Finance nad Deveolpment in Pakistan":

Total exports of united Pakistan in 1949-50 were 1, 194- million rupees. With the East Pak contributing Rs 629-milion and the West Pak Rs 568-million. Imports were Rs 1, 297- million with RS 912- million going to West Pakistan and only Rs 385-million for the East Pakistan. Last data in this study is for 1963-1964; total exports were Rs2,043-million, East Pakistan share RS 1, 208- million and the Western wing managing only Rs 835-milion.Total imports in the same period were Rs 4,430-milion; East Pakistan’s share 1,449-million and the West consuming Rs 2,981-million.

Thus it is clear that most of the investment in the new industries was in the West Pakistan. It is estimated that between 1960 – 1965 period, West Pak GDP per capita rate at 4.4% per annum whereas it was only 2.6% in the Eastern Wing.

This fact was exploited to full by the Awami League where following the death of Hussein Shaheed Suharwardy; Sheikh Mujib had emerged as a charismatic leader.

Sh. Mujibur Rehman admitted in an interview that he was working for the secession of East Pakistan since the 1950’s. Agartala plot was his brainchild to start an armed revolution against the dominance of West Pakistan. Sheikh Mujib and Mohamed Ali Reza went to Agartala to seek help from Indian Government in this venture. This plot was uncovered by ISI and the accused were arrested pending trial for treason.

ZA Bhutto, who by that time had become an arch enemy of his erstwhile benefactor Ayub Khan, started an agitation in West Pakistan giving the impression that the trial was an attempt to deny East Pakistan genuine autonomy and got Sheikh Mujib released from Jail.

In 2010 surviving conspirator and Deputy Speaker of the Parliament Shaukat Ali confessed to the parliament at a point of order that the charges read out to them were accurate, stating that they formed a Shangram Parishad under Sheikh Mujib for the secession of East Pakistan. Parliamentarian Tufail Ahmed added that had the case not been filed, the plot would have culminated in the secession of East Pakistan without bloodshed, and credited the Deputy Speaker for planning the liberation of the nation.

India had been fuming at the defeat in 1965 war with Indian war machine was ready & hell-bent on teaching Pakistan a lesson. The rest is a well-known history.

Yeah the duty to blow up marketplaces, and attack the nations military/police installations.

There are US bases in the Gulf nations, and drone strike on Arab Yemen. Why are there no bombing in the Gulf Arab countries??
I meant the part where they specifically target the foreign invaders. Not the the bombing of innocent civilians.
Which they have every right to do.

BU dear,

Tell us something.

Was Bin fing Laden doing religious duty too?

How about Zawahiri the eunuch, is he doing the religious too?

Just making sure I understand your concept of religious duty. Thank you.
As far as I know, Al-Qaeda is different from the Taliban.
Taliban are fighting an invading army. Which they have every right to do.
If they bomb innocent civilians, then that part is wrong, but fighting an invading army is always righteous. Shockingly, even if the invading army is American.
Everyone was ok with them fighting the Soviets, so it should be ok to fight NATO if did the same as the Soviet, which is invading their country unjustifiably.

As far as I know, Al-Qaeda is different from the Taliban.
Taliban are fighting an invading army. Which they have every right to do.
If they bomb innocent civilians, then that part is wrong, but fighting an invading army is always righteous. Shockingly, even if the invading army is American.
Everyone was ok with them fighting the Soviets, so it should be ok to fight NATO if did the same as the Soviet, which is invading their country unjustifiably.

Terrible logic on your part.

TTP and other fing taliban are the outward branches of Alqaida. Who in the world could support their presence in PAKISTAN.

If they want to fight the invaders then get their @rses into Afghanistan. That will be the way to go. Why to attack and kill 30,000+ Pakistanis in the name of Wahabi Sharia wrapped in the holy Saudi cloth of "fighting invaders".

Bin fing Laden was and Zawahiri eunuch is hiding in Pakistan, issuing fat fat fatwas against Pakistan, and getting Saudi riyals to support TTP and other militant outfits. If Zawahiri is that brave, he too would haul his @rse to Afghanistan instead of spreading his tentacles through callous Talibans.

Hope you understand now.

Please makes sure you understand the topic before supporting or opposing the arguments.

Thank you.

Pathans will never allow anything to happen to Pakistan... These people are cavemen who couldn't even control Afghanistan, a petty state. These cave monkeys think they will control a nuclear power..

Batman sahib,
I was going to ignore your falsehoods but you are committed to this incorrect direction and going on and on.

I just had one post earlier and, it is second time you mentioned me 'wrong' twice, and yet you claim to ignore me!

Janab, TTP's big wigs are local pashtuns getting money from and serving interests of Gulf Jihadis.

TTP was launched post Afghan invasion, it is a joint venture of hindus and northern alliance, who had been at war with Pashtoons, with support of Iran, Israel, India and USSR, out of their rat holes in north Afghanistan.
Every one hate Punjabis and Pashtoons, for unknown reasons.

BTW...Money alone does not buy you advance, military grade advance weapons and explosives and gear.
Money alone, does not buy you an intelligence network out of nowhere.

You are twisting facts....

However, Indians have earned tons of money out of Afghanistan by sending heroin to Europe and US through helpless, Afghan refugees and same money is being used to buy impoverished and religiously astray people.

By your approach, Ben fing Laden too was Indian? If so people will laugh at you.

Exposing Indian hand behind TTP, by no means mean anything of any other sort.
Bin Laden is not the TTP and neither the subject matter, but you are welcome to discuss him on a dedicated thread.

Have some sense dear. Keep your credibility.

It is alarming that anyone who mention hindu hand behind TTP, loose his credibility.
You failed in your intimidation attempt.

These Jihadis are so anti-India that they will not touch with 10 foot pole a Hindu or a Raw agent. So please don't repeat falsehoods

Now you are shifting from TTP to Jihadis…. Clearly you are saying any one who oppose Indian transit aid and custom free imports and there sabotage conspiracies against Pakistan industry are Jihadis.

Everyone knows, TTP launch shelters across the border are built by Indian army and so are their training camps in north Afghanistan.

You seemed to be very impressed with word falsehood…. Actually, the kind of history you are spreading with your imposing label is cunning and deceitful.

These falsehoods lead to false planning, and guess what the real culprits go unnoticed.

That’s what you are doing, trying to protect your friends and I noticed you from your very first post.

You are affraid that real culprits might get caught and increased terrorism is directly linked with faithful regime of Zardari.

Pak law enforcement agencies have been trained to sniff out RAW agents from miles. there is no way a RAW agent can get within a minimum distance of places like Kamra or the Mehran bases

I cannot comment on abilities of agencies in sniffing RAW but suerly they have no jurisdiction over captured RAW operatives.

So quit this shenanigan. TTP and Mullahs are in chaoot. They are ghar kay bhaidi, and that's why they can intermix and intermingle with our jawans and create loop holes within our security cordon.

TTP and Bharti appointed Mullahs are definitely same…. otherwise all TTP are declared non Muslims by prominent religious scholars of Pakistan on various occasions.

And that's a shame.
Suit your self.

Islamists have deep roots and they are using those to undermine our army and our forces
It is good to be Islamist, only if you know what it means.

While, RAW has deep roots, in judiciary, media, education centers, and liberal civil society and I cannot ignore presence of RAW in security agencies, but in army we have MI to tackle this situation but otherwise RAW is running loose in Pakistan.

Ben fing laden used the same roots, same village idiot Jamat Mullahs to find a haven meters from the Kakul.

You seem to obsessed with Kakul... stop beating this drum, no one in Pakistan has confirmed the publicised version.
The commission's report is also out, to help your kind.

Again that is a different legend to discuss, somewhere else.

So does that mean we should give RAW a clean chit in our intellectual circles? Heck no

This is why I’m closely watching you and your deceiving commentary in the name of history.

RAW is our sworn enemy just like ISI is the sworn enemy of India. I kid you not.

ISI has no sworn system of being enemy of RAW or anyone else. Do not spread lies in the name of Pakistan security agencies.

If that's the case then you may ask where RAW is working?

Well it works with leftist organizations (both militant and civilian) in Pakistan. That means BLA and leftist Pashtoons. We are lucky that ANP is in the government otherwise it would be receiving funds from RAW and we would be looking at a Pashtun uprising in KPK.

You know mentioned BLA, because RAW has decided to get identified with BLA and you are simply towing the same policy.
ANP leadership are working for RAW from 1947, there assets are in India and their current task is to kick out Chinese.
See ….

We are lucky that ANP has changed and is pro-Pakistan regardless of the stupid bounty offered by one of its ministers.

You mentioned the bounty to potray them as loyal to Pakistanis! I donot want to comment on that issue but ANP is inherently a separist party and its has been funded by RAW for long time and has fundamental role in TTP drama.

khan02_small.jpg

MQM is another organization that could potentially work with RAW.
How can I help in this matter?

But more importantly the lefftist intellectuals in our media who rant against our army could be on the payroll of RAW.
There are many, I don’t know what you have in mind.

But for gods sakes, do not repeat falsehoods that TTP muj are Indians. That's one of the most bizarre theories (jska na sir na pair).

It is well known in Waziristan and Swat… both places TTP were killed in scores.
Remaining, escaped to their Indian made shelters across the border.

Back
Top Bottom