What's new

SC to examine Bengali Assam migrants’ plea

The Indian Supreme Court in effect practices discrimination against Muslims ...... So much for your secularism ....
Come with facts, figures and reports. No one is going to take your word as gospel. If you can't provide this, refrain from posting.

Sarcastic comment of our secularism, how about looking at your own country where you justify Hindus cleansing just because you are Islamic state. At what level, this is not a severe discrimination hindus have in your country but you take cheap shots at India to get some thanks.

How about criticizing your country then preach us about discrimination.

We don't need one liner comments, come with something with weight.

The Indian Supreme Court in effect practices discrimination against Muslims ...... So much for your secularism ....

Because there is difference between asylum and illegal immigration. Your people infiltrate into India even to buy petrol. :hitwall:

There will be no place for any Indian whether Muslims or Hindus in Bangladesh & that is the final point. But the Aryan inspired Genocide should be stopped to secure the humanity. Any sacrifice of blood is not meaningless. It is the chronicle of the history.

If this happens, I will thank my stars because choosing what is Fascism according to you illegals is hundred times better. Bring it on. We will do what we like in our country. You are not welcome here to come in droves and take border lands. Try violence and you will get hell back.

Now I know why you guys wet your pants whenever words like "Jews" and "Israel" are used; because they hand your rears back everytime you try to attack them.

Seems we need to take a leaf out of their books.

There will be no place for any Indian whether Muslims or Hindus in Bangladesh & that is the final point. But the Aryan inspired Genocide should be stopped to secure the humanity. Any sacrifice of blood is not meaningless. It is the chronicle of the history.

Keep your stupid Macaulayan "Aryan Dravidian" garbage to yourself. If you are so genuine about separating from us, then why crib so much about us building a wall and fence around Indo-Bangla border?

Bangladeshi members were screaming their guts out cursing us the day newspapers announced this news.

Stay in your Arabic heaven for all you want; your culture and your ways are not welcome in India. Now go cry a river in front of Human Rights Commission terrorists.

Assam has suffered a lot in past many decades due to migration of bengalis . bengalis irrespective of religion has come to assam in huge no.s since the time of british, which led to clashes & threat among assamese ppl abt thier culture. the day is not far when assamese will become minority in their own state thanks to bulk migration of bengalis over the years. i may sound racist but bengalis irrespective of religion have somewhat destroyed the culture of assam.

Keep your stupid Macaulayan "Aryan Dravidian" garbage to yourself. If you are so genuine about separating from us, then why crib so much about us building a wall and fence around Indo-Bangla border?

Bangladeshi members were screaming their guts out cursing us the day newspapers announced this news.

Good they separated from us, they would have created havoc in India particularly in North-East if they had been part of India. Great riddance.

Good they separated from us, they would have created havoc in India particularly in North-East if they had been part of India. Great riddance.

You bet. But thanks to this regime, it doesn't really make much difference after BSF was reduced to toothlessness by the UPA regime. What's the effing use of guns if they can't shoot illegals? :angry:

Anything for votes eh?

Guess u r nuts again... India is the only hindu majority nation in the region... So they can ask refugee status only here.. Its not the same for Bangladeshis Muslims... They can go back to BD, or jamaati's friend pakistan anytime....
Moreover the fact that 2 lakh Hindus have left bangladesh, to ask Refugee status in India, Tells the real story of seculiarism and protection of minority in Bangladeshis... The fact that they are here, is cos of persecution in their anchestral homeland....

Terming as “extraordinary” the situation of Bengali-Hindu migrants in Assam, the Supreme Court on Friday agreed to examine a plea to grant refugee status to them.

“We are not underestimating your concerns, considering the current situation in the state... we understand it is not an ordinary issue,” said a Bench of Justices P Sathasivam and Ranjan Gogoi.

M N Krishnamani and Pinky Anand, counsel for the petitioner, NGOs Swajan and Bimolangshu Roy Foundation, told the court that more than two lakh immigrants in Assam have been denied benefit of the proviso to Section 2 of the Immigrants (Expulsion from Assam) Act, 1950, which bars Foreigners’ Tribunal from deporting from Assam persons “who on account of civil disturbances or fear of such disturbances in area forming part of Pakistan has been displaced from and has left his place of residence in such area and who has been subsequently residing in Assam”.

“Moreover, it is not a problem afflicting only Assam. Some other eastern and north-eastern states are also affected by this,” the counsel added.

The Bench said the petitioner should also implead these states and come back to the court for redressal after two weeks.

The court had initially asked the petitioner’s counsel to approach the High Court for a “more effective consideration” but they argued that citing a recent High Court order, the authorities were pushing out most of the migrants without granting them the benefit of the proviso.

“The present dispensation in the state has resorted to targeting both genuine citizens and also the ‘displaced persons’ belonging to the Bengali-Hindu community in Assam. These persons... are being apprehended and pushed back to no-man’s land along the Indo-Bangladesh border and left to die there,” the petition said.

SC to examine Bengali Assam migrants’ plea - Indian Express

Perfect nail on head,give them refugee status and not give them citizenship.

So Bengali Hindus are to get preferential treatment. Bengali Muslims on the other hand ........

Can go to Bangaldesh and spit on Suhawardy's grave.

When u started the thread you sounded so optimistic,things have changed now it looks like.

Bengali Muslims should be accorded equal rights as the Bengali Hindus. India should stop pretending it practices secularism and admit that it is in reality a Hindu Rashtra. If Bengali Muslims in Assam are not given their rights then they should secede. :P

Assam has suffered a lot in past many decades due to migration of bengalis . bengalis irrespective of religion has come to assam in huge no.s since the time of british, which led to clashes & threat among assamese ppl abt thier culture. the day is not far when assamese will become minority in their own state thanks to bulk migration of bengalis over the years. i may sound racist but bengalis irrespective of religion have somewhat destroyed the culture of assam.

Have Debojit Saha or Arab Goswami destroyed Assam culture too.

Yeah I shouldn't have said Arnab's name of all people, there goes my argument down the drain. (I hope Arnab was here, he wouldn't have let me complete my sentence) :P

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom