What's new

SCIENTISTS DISCOVER MICROORGANISM THAT CAN TAKE CO2 OUT OF THE ATMOSPHERE

@Talon does money drives human genetic engineering also
@Talon is the research money making oriented and not human development oriented?

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't read to much about this but the great thing about Hydrogen is it is I think the most abundant element there is in the Universe so there is plenty of it, it is lightest of all elements known which is good because if you want an energy source you want it to be light. Now Hydrogen is commonly used in forms of Hydrocarbons meaning it is attached to the central atom Carbon, Carbon as you may know is a very unique element as it can form multiple bonds making it a versatile element to use in scientific and other applications. So hydrogen does do a good job of carrying energy like a battery.

Ye ye, i wasn't asking that. I was more interested in the "how" and "how much" is possible to extract since the article itself is very vague, as for "how" they mention only "Zhang's method" and as for how much they mention only that his method yields three times the normal amount of hydrogen that plants give. Which i don't know anyway.

So i hoped some resident biologist (or biochemist) could maybe make a rough assesment from the next paragraph-which is actually the only hard data the article offers:

"The key to this exciting development is that Zhang is using the second most prevalent sugar in plants to produce this hydrogen," he said.

@Alpha1 we do not want hyperactive microbes producing too much of anything ...it will disrupt the natural balance! Esp because these are not Naturally occurring activities but Biotechnologically engineered

Reminds me of the old joke.

Problem: too many mice
Solution: use cats to catch the mice

New Problem: too many cats
Solution: use dogs to catch the cats

New Problem: too many dogs
Solution: use elephants to chase away the dogs

New Problem: too many elephants
Solution: use mice to scare away the elephants

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back