What's new

SCIENTISTS DISCOVER MICROORGANISM THAT CAN TAKE CO2 OUT OF THE ATMOSPHERE

If these microbes use CO2 as an energy source and these microbes are kept in a controlled environment, then simply depriving them of CO2 will kill them as they will no longer be able to create energy for their biological functions.
@A1Kaid many microbes have alternative sources to manufacture and sustain themselves....while many just become dormant and are not successfully destroyed...

Plus by altering genes as they wish, it usually results in other alterations which if not studied properly leads to small problems...

Last edited by a moderator:
@Alpha1 we do not want hyperactive microbes producing too much of anything ...it will disrupt the natural balance! Esp because these are not Naturally occurring activities but Biotechnologically engineered

it will disrupt the natural balance!

It's okay to disrupt the natural balance, the Oxygen Revolution (~2 billion years ago) was the greatest disruption of the natural balance in planetary history, and because of it we are here. :lol:

Sarcasm aside, your concerns are valid, you have to be cautious whenever letting a artificially modified microbe into the environment knowing unicellular microbes can reproduce at an extremely rapid rate, but I think these guys know what they're doing.

i love this movie.
The organism finishes the emotions in humans. No love, no fear hence no fight, no war... Too humane but less human

dat wz da purpose of why dat virus ws spread! to make Humans less powerful...

It's okay to disrupt the natural balance, the Oxygen Revolution (~2 billion years ago) was the greatest disruption of the natural balance in planetary history, and because of it we are here. :lol:

Sarcasm aside, your concerns are valid, you have to be cautious whenever letting a artificially modified microbe, but I think these guys know what they're doing.
@A1Kaid you would be surprised what happens when $$ pushes some agendas....somehow, concerns are overlooked and tests are faked! :blink:

@A1Kaid you would be surprised what happens when $$ pushes some agendas....somehow, concerns are overlooked and tests are faked! :blink:
:hitwall::hitwall:

dat wz da purpose of why dat virus ws spread! to make Humans less powerful...
to make humans less human yet more efficient.. It was spread by the russians the movie hinted

to make humans less human yet more efficient.. It was spread by the russians the movie hinted
@Alpha1 anything fishy in America is done by Russian agents...recently by Arabs....or by Aliens :rofl:

@A1Kaid many microbes have alternative sources to manufacture and sustain themselves....while many just become dormant and are not successfully destroyed...

Plus by altering genes as they wish, it usually results in other alterations which if not studied properly leads to small problems...

Well in a controlled environment you can heat kill the bacteria if depriving of it's main energy source doesn't kill it- which it should. As far as microbes having alternative energy sources that takes time for them to develop that if they don't have them already; so in theory and I think in practice too if you where to immediately deprive the bacteria of their main energy source they will die.

There are 3 main ways bacteria as a species obtain their energy, 1. Photosynthesis (e.g Cyanobacteria), 2. Chemoautotrophs, and 3. Heterotrophs. This microbe that was artificially modified in the Lab works like a Photosynthetic microbe because it absorbs CO2 from the atmosphere as it's energy source, so we know at least from the reading how it make's it energy, again depriving it of CO2 my conjecture is it will kill it, it is artificially modified after all.

I'm not surprised I know money pushes agendas, concerns are overlooked and tests may not be faked but not carried out properly but this was carried out by a University (University of Georgia to be exact) Universities are peer reviewed and have strict academic and research policies in place. Believe me it would be tough to fake a test in a University research setting, you could lose your position, credibility, and enrollment in the school, and be charged with academic dishonesty.

Iyou could lose your position, credibility, and enrollment in the school, and be charged with academic dishonesty.

ONLY if caught...some 20yrs down the road :blink:
@A1Kaid I am a PhD student in Genetics...great minds can see through the loop holes and many corrupts take jumping through these wholes as a part of daily life! :D

You know what else would be good for humanity if you guys would control your cows which are contributing heavy green house gas like methane. Methane gas traps ~20 times the heat CO2 does in the atmosphere...

Add to that that Chloro-Fluoro-Carbons which are commonly found in deodorants and hairspray, and were refrigerants in old refrigerators are at least 1000 times worse than co2 as they directly destroy the ozone in addition to their greenhouse effect.

There are 3 main ways bacteria as a species obtain their energy, 1. Photosynthesis (e.g Cyanobacteria), 2. Chemoautotrophs, and 3. Heterotrophs. This microbe that was artificially modified in the Lab works like a Photosynthetic microbe because it absorbs CO2 from the atmosphere as it's energy source, so we know at least from the reading how it make's it energy, again depriving it of CO2 my conjecture is it will kill it, it is artificially modified after all.

@A1Kaid well, microbes can obtain energy or survive in more than 1 ways, secondly, the GENETICALLY ENGINEERED microbe has not been characterized...usually it is wise to do so...Hence, I said it will take time but is a good start :tup:

I was merely stating my concerns ...but hopefully it wouldn't go that far :enjoy:
@Alpha1 put your question here....

ONLY if caught...some 20yrs down the road :blink:
@A1Kaid I am a PhD student in Genetics...great minds can see through the loop holes and many corrupts take jumping through these wholes as a part of daily life! :D

Im a little dissapointed!

This even sounds more scary, if this microorganism starts consuming CO2 at lower temperature, let's say temperature of our bodies, could there be a possibility that this microorganism can Infest our human bodies? If so, that would be disaster.

Back
Top Bottom