What's new

SECOND TYPE 054 A/P FRIGATE PNS TAIMUR COMMISSIONED AT CHINA| June 2022 .

Last edited:
Why DG PR navy same picture of 1st ship again for 2nd ship
Screenshot_2022-06-24-03-23-01-69.png

Hi,

Here is the video

A 21 BUN salute.

Ay.........

I don't know which's worse, the Navy think sexist dance is appropriate to launch a ship? Or the fact that they are that cheap and can't even hire a proper celebrity for some proper entertainment? I mean, are they really that cheap and can't hire a local singer or nationally known singer for the entertainment segment??

Imagine the Navy said to these skimpy ladies "Hey this is 100 bucks, come dance on our ship launch" I mean, that has got to be the cheapskate-est moment on earth ever...

I would prefer hoes twerking instead of breaking a coconut.
Well, I would prefer the Navy hire The Village People and sing "In the Navy" than this....

Or that the RAN folks are just dumb......

Apparently, they had hired those dancer before, I mean that's not their first gig hired by the Navy...........

Anyway, this is going to improve Anti-Air capability for PN for sure, but I wonder if PN have any acquisition program like the Australian that purchase larger Frigate that fill the role between Frigate and Destroyer? Or do PN think that would be a waste of money?? Because a more multi-purpose platform should be sought imo to expand PN force multiplying ability......

This frigate is more anti sub than anti air. The anti air component for this ship is relatively weak even for a frigate of this size. It is only using HHQ-16A missiles at best for some mid range air defence and ship self defence. The main role remains to be anti submarine. However, this is still Pakistan navy's most capable air defence ship. For true air defence capability, PN would need something at least like Type 052D or Type 055 with quad packed new mid range missiles.

This frigate is more anti sub than anti air. The anti air component for this ship is relatively weak even for a frigate of this size. It is only using HHQ-16A missiles at best for some mid range air defence and ship self defence. The main role remains to be anti submarine. However, this is still Pakistan navy's most capable air defence ship. For true air defence capability, PN would need something at least like Type 052D or Type 055 with quad packed new mid range missiles.
Not saying that Type 054 is no good on Submarine. Because to be honest, I don't know.

The thing is, if they acquire 054 for antisub, then they mostly would not acquire Milgem, because that corvette is build for Anti-Sub.....

And i don't think PN is made of money and a big ship like Type 055 would be more than a liability when they fight India. Not even sure 052D is a good answer, they need something smaller but pack a big punch. They are right to choose TF-2000 if that did got off the ground, if not I would probably go for Type 26 if the Brits is willing to sell.

Not saying that Type 054 is no good on Submarine. Because to be honest, I don't know.

The thing is, if they acquire 054 for antisub, then they mostly would not acquire Milgem, because that corvette is build for Anti-Sub.....

And i don't think PN is made of money and a big ship like Type 055 would be more than a liability when they fight India. Not even sure 052D is a good answer, they need something smaller but pack a big punch. They are right to choose TF-2000 if that did got off the ground, if not I would probably go for Type 26 if the Brits is willing to sell.

Yeah of course PN buying Type 055 is like me buying a new Rolls Royce and just with one, it's more a liability capital ship than extremely effective just on its own when the rest of the fleet's anti sub and air defence may not be in enough numbers.

Type 052D is a good choice but needs to be purchased in some numbers that make it unaffordable.

TF-2000 is like a more modern frigate and more capable. But it is a work in progress. Therefore there is not much overlap. Both 054A and TF-2000 serve as mainly anti-sub ships with air defence components better than anything else in PN service. TF-2000 is HUGE while the other Milgem ships are not in the size of 054A so really there isn't much overlap except in anti-sub and having some anti air.

Yeah of course PN buying Type 055 is like me buying a new Rolls Royce and just with one, it's more a liability capital ship than extremely effective just on its own when the rest of the fleet's anti sub and air defence may not be in enough numbers.

Type 052D is a good choice but needs to be purchased in some numbers that make it unaffordable.

TF-2000 is like a more modern frigate and more capable. But it is a work in progress. Therefore there is not much overlap. Both 054A and TF-2000 serve as mainly anti-sub ships with air defence components better than anything else in PN service. TF-2000 is HUGE while the other Milgem ships are not in the size of 054A so really there isn't much overlap except in anti-sub and having some anti air.
First of all, Pakistan have a very limited coastline compare to India, which mean unless PN buy ship and dock them in China (which will be a day or 2 to get to Pakistan if war broke out between India and Pakistan, if at all because they would have to go over Indian coast to get there) You put a big ship in limited coast, you basically just put a giant target on your back. You can't go unnoticed when you operate a 15000 tons ship off the coast of Pakistan, Indian satellite will pick that up in a heartbeat.

That's why instead of big ship, you need faster, more disperse or what we called "Distributed Firepower" concept. 2 6-8000 tons TF-2000 or Type 26 would work better than 1 single 055 in this case.

As I said, PN purchase Milgem for Anti-sub (Well, they don't really have much capability other than anti-sub or maybe SAR) which mean if they are going to use Type 054A-P for anti-sub, then there will be overlap, if PN is smart, leave the anti-sub for the corvette and use the 054A-P for other role, again, this is based on the "Distributed Firepower" concept.

The Pakistan Navy took delivery of the second Type 054A/P frigate, known to Pakistan as PNS Taimur, from China on June 23 out of four frigates.

PNS Taimur was commissioned at Hudong-Zhonghua Shipyard in Shanghai on Thursday. The "powerful" warship is based on China's most advanced frigate, the Type 054A. Global Times reported that PNS Taimur has high-tech weapons and sensors, the latest combat management systems and the latest electronic warfare systems to fight in multi-threat environments.

The first frigate 054A/P, PNS Tughril, joined the Pakistan Navy's fleet in January. The other two are under construction in China..

Jaise Halaat hai I wont be surprised if we see PNS Bajwa on every ship.

On topic, that's a nice ship and Navy is still doing amazing job at modernizing, compared to Army. Maybe its time we have some non-corrupt Generals in the Army who work on modernizing Army and not busy in changing regimes, because Indians in this decade will be a force if attack Pakistan will be much more harder to tackle and if our national policy of betraying the hands that feeds us remain than China won't be helping us anymore.

The much smaller Babur class is more capable at A2A than the 054A as well. The 054A is big not because it’s really well armed, but because it’s a simple and rather dated design (including the HQ-16A, which is big because it’s old), unlike the TF-2000 (which PN is not getting so far).

For PLAN that doesn’t matter since it’s a cheap, second line ship for them. For PN its a frontline vessel. There’s a reason PN got ToT and invested a lot more into the Turkish designs and ships. A 054A is cheaper than the Babur Class. But I do believe it’s main role is going to be anti-surface and submarine in the PN.

4 054As, 4 Babur class and 6 Jinnah class, with the Jinnah class now known to not be as big as first thought (it looks to be around the same size and tonnage as the 054A), I guess PN realizes larger ships are not suitable for them.

The much smaller Babur class is more capable at A2A than the 054A as well. The 054A is big not because it’s really well armed, but because it’s a simple and rather dated design (including the HQ-16A, which is big because it’s old), unlike the TF-2000 (which PN is not getting so far).

For PLAN that doesn’t matter since it’s a cheap, second line ship for them. For PN its a frontline vessel. There’s a reason PN got ToT and invested a lot more into the Turkish designs and ships. A 054A is cheaper than the Babur Class. But I do believe it’s main role is going to be anti-surface and submarine in the PN.

4 054As, 4 Babur class and 6 Jinnah class, with the Jinnah class now known to not be as big as first thought (it looks to be around the same size and tonnage as the 054A), I guess PN realizes larger ships are not suitable for them.

Yeah CAMM-ER is a much more modern missile compared to HHQ-16 but HHQ-16 still has slightly longer range and HHQ-16A or B would have nearly double the range. The main difference is HQ-16 basically has a gigantic warhead for a SAM because it uses a conical fragmentation method which improves killed probability. The heavier warhead also allows navy to use HQ-16 in ballistic mode for anti-surface where range is even more extended. Attacking ground or ships as secondary function is something it is more capable of doing due to significantly larger warhead and slightly better range.

Also 054A can carry 32 HHQ-16 missiles rather than 16 for Babur. 054A also has one more heavy main CIWS. Software and electronics is a bit more of an unknown. One could say Babur's should be more modern compared at least to Pakistan's version of 054A but who knows. 054AP has received some sensor upgrades to PLAN's and China's military electronics is on another level compared to Turkey honestly but of course many on this forum will believe otherwise.

If Pakistan's 054AP can use YJ-12 missiles instead of the older YJ-83 or the export version of YJ-83, then that's a serious improvement. YJ-12 is not vertical launch so PLAN's modern ships don't launch YJ-12 but the older ones do and air launched of course. If 054A can be upgraded to fire YJ-12, then that's like having 8 Brahmos (but with superior cruise and lower sea skimming and superior jamming and ECCM).

Ay.........

I don't know which's worse, the Navy think sexist dance is appropriate to launch a ship? Or the fact that they are that cheap and can't even hire a proper celebrity for some proper entertainment? I mean, are they really that cheap and can't hire a local singer or nationally known singer for the entertainment segment??

Imagine the Navy said to these skimpy ladies "Hey this is 100 bucks, come dance on our ship launch" I mean, that has got to be the cheapskate-est moment on earth ever...

Well, I would prefer the Navy hire The Village People and sing "In the Navy" than this....
Hi,

That was totally senseless

if this is indeed named after Amir taimur. Then probably a bad idea considering he basically destroyed muslim forces to get what he wanted and pummeled through everything. wrecked ottomans, persians, Hind etc.
He considered himself solider of Islam. He is the grand father of Mughals. He did kicked everyone butt, from Eastern Europe to Indian subcontinent. He succeeded where ottomans failed repeatedly. Took down strong hold of Knights Hospitaller which no Muslim army in centuries was able to win over.

Parts of Pakistan are named after his son like Miran shah. Emir Taimur via Mughal diaspora has direct link to Pakistan.

No other warriors in Pakistani extended history (or even world to some extent) can match his success.

Back
Top Bottom