What's new

Sexual health book in Pakistan schools draws protests

we are talking about kids sex education, but how much the adults in our societies do know about sex health, sex issues and sex education?i bet overwhelming majority of them would not know many basic things .

I agree with you......leave alone the boys many of girls are also themselves not having sufficient knowledge.....

if condoms are used correctly, they are quite safe. buying the right size of condom is the key. some people also make the mistake of wearing double of it, which can easily be broken.

Majority are due to improper use....Those are results from controlled trials world over at the current levels of literacy in diferent countries....hence we can fairly assume that in the developing countries and underdeveloped countries the failure rate of condoms as contraceptive should be on a higher side.......

Breast Feeding does not allow next pregnancy to happen ..

Exclusive breastfeeding has in fact been shown to be an excellent form of birth control, but there are certain criteria that must be met for breastfeeding to be used effectively.

Exclusive breastfeeding (by itself) is 98-99.5% effective in preventing pregnancy as long as all of the following conditions are met:

Your baby is less than six months old
Your menstrual periods have not yet returned
Baby is breastfeeding on cue (both day & night), and gets nothing but breastmilk or only token amounts of other foods

Yeah right......EXCLUSIVE is the key word here....and it is doubly beneficial in the sense that...mother gets contraceptive benefit and child gets the benefits of lactation..... :)

I guess this Book should be thrown bak to the West with great thankz...:coffee:

khurasaan, before you say something, go throgh the whole thread and post a few lines with reasons and why you dont want sex/health education..

I remember many years back, on BBC radio they launched a programme abourt sex health, it was a multi series programme which was broadcasted in a few foreign languages and that included Farsi, Pashto, urdo etc. It was really informative and that programme gave courage and persuaded me to seek more knowledge about this topic, it was really useful. anybody remember it here?

One key point that is being missed in this debate so far is the basic interpretation of the physical act itself: Orthodox belief postulates that the act is for procreation only without regard to physical pleasure, while a more liberal interpretation will turn those priorities right around.

Once this point is kept in mind, both points of view can be understood a bit better I think.

If some one has the online version of the book share it- i have some related problems to cure-

i think more kids adn more population is nothing but disaster. limited land, limited resources, poverty, lack of health/education facility, lack of job opportunity and alot more.

limited land - not humanity's problem
limited resources - not humanity's problem, let the Creator do His job
poverty - need better policies, no exploitative capitalism, and qanaa'at pasandi!
lack of health/education facility - duty of rich people to give away their money. Also, everybody dies, make death good rather than prolonging life
lack of job opportunity - poor policy making? the farce of education - educated folk don't like 'any' job

Just adding a different angle!

I think sex ed is important in school curriculum. This is not the dark ages when these subjects were a taboo. More often than not, young folks do make mistakes, whether you like it or not. Would you rather have them turn to controversial and harmful solutions and endanger themselves? Islam or whatever, basic sex ed should be taught in all schools. Prevention better than cure.

One key point that is being missed in this debate so far is the basic interpretation of the physical act itself: Orthodox belief postulates that the act is for procreation only without regard to physical pleasure, while a more liberal interpretation will turn those priorities right around.

Once this point is kept in mind, both points of view can be understood a bit better I think.

even if take the reproduction purpose into account only, that also requires education.

I think sex ed is important in school curriculum. This is not the dark ages when these subjects were a taboo. More often than not, young folks do make mistakes, whether you like it or not. Would you rather have them turn to controversial and harmful solutions and endanger themselves? Islam or whatever, basic sex ed should be taught in all schools. Prevention better than cure.

Ya, that's necessary. but what's more necessary is that appropriate age where they can absorb and implement that education effectively. Can a kid of 12-13 years will understand anything about safe sex and reproduction ?

Ya, that's necessary. but what's more necessary is that appropriate age where they can absorb and implement that education effectively. Can a kid of 12-13 years will understand anything about safe sex and reproduction ?

what material to what age to be taught is one thing, but here are some people who are completely agaisnt this type of education and see it as a dirty thing---that is the problem. Yes, there should be a consideration of age and the type of material is taught. I think in the age of 13 , it is important especially for girls to tell them about period as they start it around that age and even teh other changes their body see, i am sure there are things for boys as well in that age.

Back
Top Bottom