What's new

Shahid Afridi receives heartwarming retirement gift from Virat Kohli and Co

True absolutely true, 200% true, Sachin never contributed to India's win over Pakistan.
A similar sentiment was echoed by my young employee (he hadn't seen Sachin play, off course not even Sachin's knock against Pak in 2003).
Wow. I didn't know once in a blue moon can clear whole carrier. If got a chance even some day and that will be my day i can knock out India but the question is here overall performance, not a some day performance. Not doubt he is great player but not a match winner or i can say not a good finisher of the game

Future belongs to Virat Kohli.
Mastan bhai he is more then a good player but i can say, he is not yet a great one. To me a person who is down to earth, respect other players(in and off the field), Control the nerve in the game and keep cool head in the game, have great technique on game, can drive any where in the field, Know how how to plan and execute is a great one. I hope Virat can overcome the highlight one. Once he done it, he will be in Hall of fame. Otherwise we have many example of good players that now world is not remember.

I think it sounds a bit awkward to send your shirt to someone great who retired, who actually didn't even ask for it. A more apt way would have been requesting Afridi's # 10 shirt and signing it off the way they did. To me this act points to desire of showing senders own greatness rather than highlighting greatness of the recipient

Aside to this, on cricketing ties, I do hope sense prevails over political idiocy and Indian government starts seeing sports independent of the plague of terrorism, just like the Indian players did with another respectable player. A respectable team can very well do the same to another respectable team

Shahid bhai and his clean striking has given a lot of happiness to a lot of Pakistan. Asia cup game vs India and those 2 sixes, and his performance in 2009 world cup, unforgettable. Great initiative, @anant_s .

Shahid is probably one of the most loved players in India (Second only to Wasim bhai i guess!)
Best wishes to him for his future and i do hope he remains associated with game in some capacity.

Kohli was bit immature
he is aggressive which gives and impression of immaturity, but he is a very level headed person.

Tendulkar dont enjoy much fan following among Pakistanis
Deep comment and i think reason for that is Sachin's career coincided with a duration where Indo Pak cricketing ties were limited to World Cups and later ICC events. The nations played hardly any cricket on regular basis during entire 90s. Ties seemed to resume in 2003-5 years but again slumped. Sachin himself might regret not getting opportunity of playing more matches in/with Pakistan.
During late 80s and almost all of 90s during my schooling days, we used to drool at any match involving two neighbors with local newspapers carrying analysis of mysterious pace bowlers from Pakistan. While all this used to give rise some legendary contests, at the same time it also is a sad commentary on the state of affairs.
How were things at your side during those days?
@WAJsal @MastanKhan @Arsalan

Shahid is probably one of the most loved players in India (Second only to Wasim bhai i guess!)
Best wishes to him for his future and i do hope he remains associated with game in some capacity.

he is aggressive which gives and impression of immaturity, but he is a very level headed person.

Deep comment and i think reason for that is Sachin's career coincided with a duration where Indo Pak cricketing ties were limited to World Cups and later ICC events. The nations played hardly any cricket on regular basis during entire 90s. Ties seemed to resume in 2003-5 years but again slumped. Sachin himself might regret not getting opportunity of playing more matches in/with Pakistan.
During late 80s and almost all of 90s during my schooling days, we used to drool at any match involving two neighbors with local newspapers carrying analysis of mysterious pace bowlers from Pakistan. While all this used to give rise some legendary contests, at the same time it also is a sad commentary on the state of affairs.

Wished more matches were played---.

Sachin is a great batsman! No doubts about that. It is unfortunate, as you mentioned, that during his time we were never playing cricket on REGULAR basis. I was born in 87 so cannot say much about the late 80s or even early 90s. My first cricket memories are that of 92 world cup (mostly through highlights) and then the 96 world cup onwards. We were never playing India on regular basis in that era. However any and every Pakistan vs India match do receive the limelight, and, deservedly so! The two nations combined may make over 50% of cricket followers world wide so excitement levels are bound to get high.

Afridi would be a rich man if he auctioned that Tshirt in India...
May be he will at some point in time. He runs a non-profit organization by the name of Shahid Afridi Foundation (SAF) working in health care and education sector as well as providing sports facilities in Pakistan and internationally. Such souvenirs are usually auctioned to raise money for a worth cause.

I dont think we are playing much cricket now either, yet people know what Dhoni, Dravid, Kohli etc are capable of their avg etc, i dont now why i dont see the same level of admiration for tendulkar among Pakistanis and other foreigners.

lets ask @Gibbs @monitor to rate Bharati batsmen..

Normally people ask the shirt and autograph of player retiring not the other way around however anyways India does things a bit different

A good gesture nonetheless to a legend "boom boom" Afridi. He was always a treat to watch in all format of the game.

It is a loss of Cricket. For example: i bet only Pakistan can challenge India in India as no other team can adapt to such conditions, it's such a pain for us(cricket lovers).

It is a loss of Cricket. For example: i bet only Pakistan can challenge India in India as no other team can adapt to such conditions, it's such a pain for us(cricket lovers).

I think it was good that India and Pakistan didnt play regularly, because it added more spice to the matches when they met at World Cups.

I think it was good that India and Pakistan didnt play regularly, because it added more spice to the matches when they meet at World Cups.
A series now and then won't kill anyone, if anything it should unite us. You do have a point but it makes no sense to boycott Cricket, that's just stupid.

I dont think we are playing much cricket now either, yet people know what Dhoni, Dravid, Kohli etc are capable of their avg etc, i dont now why i dont see the same level of admiration for tendulkar among Pakistanis and other foreigners.

lets ask @Gibbs @monitor to rate Bharati batsmen..

Cricket is a shyt sport mate, Played by just a handful of countries.. Majority who are just crap at other sports

Made even shyttier since the corrupt Indian Cricket out muscled everyone else and calls the shots.. There is no legitimacy in it, Any game has the potential to be fixed. Thank goodness living in Australia i have so many options to follow

Tendulkar is just a over hyped sensation in India and it's diaspora, No where else.. Doesn't hold a candle close to Brian Lara or Ricky Ponting

Cricket is a shyt sport mate, Played by just a handful of countries.. Majority who are just crap at other sports

Made even shyttier since the corrupt Indian Cricket out muscled everyone else and calls the shots.. There is no legitimacy in it, Any game has the potential to be fixed. Thank goodness living in Australia i have so many options to follow

Tendulkar is just a over hyped sensation in India and it's diaspora, No where else.. Doesn't hold a candle close to Brian Lara or Ricky Ponting

agree bro and Thanks for confirming my point that Tendulker is just great in bharat and indian dominated star sports, he dont enjoy much fan following abroad.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom