What's new

Shanghai metro hires people to shove commuters into trains

Skeptic

Reaction score
Country
India
Honestly I am not intending to flame or something - This I found really funny......:rofl::rofl:

Shanghai metro hires people to shove commuters into trains

b095378ad1fea197588ad05180f0a38c.jpg

SHANGHAI: Ever since the 37.5-km Shanghai subway line was opened two years ago, the only real problem commuters complain about is overcrowding.

So much so that subway stations have now started hiring people to shove passengers into coaches:rofl:
Despite that, almost all trains running on Line 8 between 7 am to 9 am, the rush hour, are getting delayed, as doors to the trains do not close because of the overflowing crowd.

Shanghai Metro Operation Center said that every carriage on Line 8 is 32 percent overloaded at all times and 70 percent overloaded during peak hours.

Even though five extra carriages have been added to the line, it has not eased the problem, with a number of passengers having to see at least three trains go by before they get a chance to step aboard.

"You have to be really rude and brutal to cram yourself into the carriage," said Liao Yumei, a 35-year-old woman, who takes metro line 8 from Zhongxing Road to People's Square every day.

"A train will not leave a station until all the doors are closed," said a spokeswoman from a subway operation company.

"If one train stays at the station, other trains have to wait until the first train goes. Usually, the train stops for only 30 seconds at each station, but now the time can be four minutes or even longer," she said.

Some passengers have simply given up and switched to traveling by bus.

"If I take a bus from Siping Road to People's Square, it will take around 35 minutes. If the subway isn't delayed, the trip takes only 24 minutes. But because of the delays at each stop, it now takes up to 50 minutes," said Zhang Jun, 45, a government employee.

And it's not an easy job to stuff passengers into already overcrowded trains. "It's like trying to close an overfilled suitcase. I sweat so much that my shirt gets soaked," said a volunteer on the Shanghai Metro Fan's Club online forum.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Transportation authorities have set up new bus routes parallel to the most populated sections of metro line 8 and line 6, but very few passengers choose that mode of transport.

"It is unrealistic to solve the problem of overcrowded carriages by increasing capacity. It's quite necessary to set up new bus routes," said a spokesman, surnamed Liu, for the Shanghai Metro Operation Center.

"It takes some time for passengers to get used to the new alternative, and we hope that passengers will take buses more often in the future to help release the pressure of metro line 8," Liu said.

if I weren't mistaken, Japanese has the same problem.
simply because of population...
time in between trains has been optimized to the limit.
they are already doing their best.
they can really do nothing about it... unless that are more than 1 track in one subway...
but that would cost a lot just to built it, and still might not help much
they are now spending a lot of money on the building structure of the subway station itself, to fix this problem.

Japanese Metro

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha ha..it is indeed funny.:lol:

But I am expecting that soon someone will post some link or photos to show pathetic condition of railways in India. If not that then there are many other options like poverty, caste bias.....the list goes on.

^^^
No Harm intended by me. Actually the funniest part was the description.

Ha ha..it is indeed funny.:lol:

But I am expecting that soon someone will post some link or photos to show pathetic condition of railways in India. If not that then there are many other options like poverty, caste bias.....the list goes on.

LOL..these trolls have done something good ....they have made Indians immune to all kind of jackshit they want to throw .....atleast I have started enjoying these buggers making an azz out of themselves ....wasting their time ...running around in the rooms ....and doing search after search just to make sure they post as much crap as possible.

I wasn't even interested in knowing how bad India's subway is...
if one day, i heard from the news, telling how good India's Subway became,
then i might check it out.

I wasn't even interested in knowing how bad India's subway is...
if one day, i heard from the news, telling how good India's Subway became,
then i might check it out.

Well why don't you find out yourself....India does not believe in Hiding problems and challenges that Indians face by controlling free flow of information... ......like some countries do...

delhi Metro - Google Search Images

http://news.google.co.in/news?rlz=1...q=delhi Metro&um=1&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=in News

Well why don't you find out yourself....India does not believe in Hiding problems and challenges that Indians face by controlling free flow of information... ......like some countries do...

delhi Metro - Google Search Images

http://news.google.co.in/news?rlz=1...q=delhi Metro&um=1&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=in News

the delhi Metro looks very much a like the Hong Kong subway train in the 90s.... surprise...
even the warning "please stand clear off the door" sound almost exactly the same
Hong Kong version : "Please stand back from the door"
:undecided:

I guess they are by the same company ==.=="
even the inner design is exactly the same

Here is a Hong Kong MTR

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^
No Harm intended by me. Actually the funniest part was the description.

I know that Sir. You are a very level headed and responsible poster. I posted it just as a precautionary measure, if you know what I mean;)

anyway... we should be proud....
look into Toronto Subway... its like they live in the 80s or something...
==.=="

Hating taking public transport in Canada... they don't even bother renewing it...

anyway... we should be proud....
look into Toronto Subway... its like they live in the 80s or something...
==.=="

Hating taking public transport in Canada... they don't even bother renewing it...

I know man. I came to India and made it a point to take a ride on the Delhi metro, its so much cooler at least to somebody who's been on the Toronto one!

if I weren't mistaken, Japanese has the same problem.
simply because of population...
time in between trains has been optimized to the limit.
they are already doing their best.
they can really do nothing about it... unless that are more than 1 track in one subway...
but that would cost a lot just to built it, and still might not help much
they are now spending a lot of money on the building structure of the subway station itself, to fix this problem.

Japanese Metro
YouTube- Japanese metro
YouTube- Metro Japan

I think it's cool. The photo looks nearly IDENTICAL to Tokyo! I always admire Tokyo's subway, I think they have the largest and most diverse train system in the world (old, modern, and hi-tech futuristic monorails, upside down trains, etc).
:smitten:

You ever seen an upside down hanging train? I've seen them in tokyo, really coooooool.

I think it's cool. The photo looks nearly IDENTICAL to Tokyo! I always admire Tokyo's subway, I think they have the largest and most diverse train system in the world (old, modern, and hi-tech futuristic monorails, upside down trains, etc).

You ever seen an upside down hanging train? I've seen them in tokyo, really coooooool.

yea~~ its like transforming roller coaster to public transport...:smokin:

i think they call it sky bus....some thing of that sort was supposed to be started in goa few years back.. but in trial itself the carriage drooped from the rail killing 8.. no progress on that...

i think they call it sky bus....some thing of that sort was supposed to be started in goa few years back.. but in trial itself the carriage drooped from the rail killing 8.. no progress on that...

I think Mumbai is getting its first monorail. Will it be the first monorail in India?

I've been on KL's monorail, really cool as you can see city. Good for tourism, but the monorails are SLOW, but good for taking pictures. Ever been on a monorail?

Back
Top Bottom