What's new

Sharia for India

Actually Indians are making a religious fight not me :)

The man proposed I suppose strict punishment for rape crimes so ok for a moment you discuss it in that sense sans any religious reference to Islam.

You know its a sorry state that today you have to think about sharia law since your so-called modern law failed to protect women.

Really? we were talking about the possibilities of tougher laws to control rape to an extend.. Its his opinion to have Sharia law, others do not share the same enthusiasm.. No matter how much tougher the laws are, you cannot protect entire women.. Even those countries who implemented Sharia laws couldnt do that.. Thats what we are talking about.. The pros and cons..

Does any country have complete Sharia system in the world? Saudi's interpretation is not Sharia.

Sharia laws for crminals are extremely harsh that sometime its very difficult to implement those punishments because if any innocent person gets punished by mistake in Sharia he may lose his life or his hands. So its better not to implement those harsh punishments in todays time. Afghan talibans few years ago killed two person by stoning in the name of Sharia. I saw the video. It was really barbaric and inhumane. I am Muslim and I tell you its really barbaric to stone anyone to death. Please no need for such extreme punishment. If you want to kill anyone kill him with poison but please don't kill in barbaric way. I am hugely against these two practices (Cutting hands and feet for stealing and stoning to death for adultery). If its adultery then lash both 100 times but don't be so cruel to stone till death. and if someone steals then put him in jail and lash him but don't cut his hands. Its barbaric. I can't go against my heart. So even if its written in Quran I am not a supporter of this specific punishment even if Allah punishes me in hereafter for not liking this practice.

In fact what we (all countries of the subcontinent) need is implementation of our laws and less delay in getting justice. This is supposed to solve the problem to a large extent, the debate of harsher punishment may wait for the time being.

That's a stupid Idea, better implementation of law is required. There is absolutely no need to import Arabic laws in India.

Hi,

While I do feel sharia is a particularly savage law system based on an "eye for eye" system I do feel that it is as effective as it is cruel. Arab countries have very low crime rates and rape is almost unheard of. If this system was adopted into India many social evils would be vanquished. What say you?

Bhai Sahab... there is something already like this going on here in India and people are up in arms against that...

Remember Khap Panchayat.. for the sake of speedy justice...the system has existed for ages...but the system is abused by powerful to exploit weaker sections of the society...

I would really like to see the original source that said a women is raped in India every 20 minutes.

Hi,

While I do feel sharia is a particularly savage law system based on an "eye for eye" system I do feel that it is as effective as it is cruel. Arab countries have very low crime rates and rape is almost unheard of. If this system was adopted into India many social evils would be vanquished. What say you?

A lot of crime goes unreported as well.
And sharia is not a deterrence against crime as most of the punishments awarded are jail time.

Sharia is the only way forward for India after the economic downturn.

There will be lots of chaos, rapes, famine etc in the near future. Sharia may work well in this very dire condition and keep India united.

That's a stupid Idea, better implementation of law is required. There is absolutely no need to import Arabic laws in India.

Sharia laws are not Arabic laws. Arabs constitute only 15% of all Muslims in the world. Arabs are minority among Muslims. Sharia is good except two three practices are controversial.

Sharia laws are not Arabic laws. Arabs constitute only 15% of all Muslims in the world. Arabs are minority among Muslims. Sharia is good except two three practices are controversial.

he meant arab origin law ... the origin is not the issue .. hammurabi's code is also from ME.. the issue is our society is much more humane than hammurabi's time hence although his code is revolutionary during his time, we cant accept it now.

Well call it what ever that makes you happy, we don't want them or need them.

Sharia is the only way forward for India after the economic downturn.

There will be lots of chaos, rapes, famine etc in the near future. Sharia may work well in this very dire condition and keep India united.

We faced much worse situation than this.. India was united at that time too.. You dont need Sharia to unite a country..

Back
Top Bottom