What's new

Sheikh Hasina chosen for Indira Gandhi Peace Prize

ek_indian

Reaction score
Sheikh Hasina chosen for Indira Gandhi Peace Prize

Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has been selected for the prestigious Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development this year for her "outstanding contribution to the promotion of democracy and pluralism".

This was decided by an international jury chaired by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh today, the Indira Gandhi Memorial Trust said.

The award, which carries a cash prize of Rs 25 lakh and a citation, would be presented to her at a function to be held at a later date.

Prime Minister Hasina has been chosen for her "outstanding contribution to the promotion of democracy and pluralism, her determined drive to alleviate poverty and secure social and economic justice for her people through inclusive and sustainable development and her consistent commitment to peace", it said.

"After her re-election in December last year, Hasina embarked on her "Vision 2021", aimed at transforming Bangladesh into a middle-income country by 2021, by eliminating poverty and inequity, the Trust said.

As Prime Minister of Bangladesh from 1996 to 2001, she had launched a number of programmes to meet the basic needs of the poor and vulnerable sections of the population, through projects covering employment-generation, housing, health and food security, it said.

Hasina "promoted peace by resolving a long standing insurgency (problem) in Bangladesh by concluding the Chittagong Hill Tracts Peace Accord.

Her global commitment to peace was manifested by her initiative that resulted in the adoption of the first-ever Resolution of the United Nations General Assembly on the Culture and Peace", the Trust said.

The assassination of her father Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman and other members of her family in 1975 transformed her life and, indeed, "the political landscape of Bangladesh", it said.

"A number of attempts on her life and subsequent imprisonment only strengthened her resolve to restore democracy, peace and political stability in her country," it said.

:: The Daily Independent Bangladesh :.. Internet Edition

Last edited:
^^^

I understand that some members will start shouting about current BD government being RAW puppets/India stooges. However this is a good development and I thought of sharing with our Bangladeshi friends. Congratulations to you all. :yahoo:

Hope to see much improved India-Bangladesh relations.:cheers:

India trying to bribe hasina??? I hope at the end they dont make her like Taslima Nasrin.. hahhahahahah

Another official Indian seal of approval for Hasina and her Awami govt for being loyal indian stooge.

I can make 365 ideas in 365 days. Like Vision 2021, Digital Bangladesh etc. I can make plan for BD to overcome poverty or I can speak for democracy or give lot ideas for the development of BD. Would I get a peace price also?

Also I believe that there are lot of people, even BD members in the forum are able to make many idea like Vision 2021, Digital Bangladesh. So ideas like Like Vision 2021, Digital Bangladesh are not big brain child. Many brain child are rolling in the streets like Vision 2021, Digital Bangladesh.

Well friend...here is the list of this awward recipients.

Indira Gandhi Prize - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As you can see, everyone is an Indian stooge from USSR to USA.:D

Sir, you are request not to derail the thread or troll.:wave:

Just beacuse someone else got the Indira award for some other purpose does not mean Hasina and her govt is not getting it for being loyal indian stooge. Take your stupid circular argument else where, we have no stomach for it.

India trying to bribe hasina??? I hope at the end they dont make her like Taslima Nasrin.. hahhahahahah
Are you hinting that like Taslima Nasrin, SH will also have to accept self-exile in India sometime in the future? Nothing is impossible in politics. This Indira Peace Prize may ultimately become a big burden for her and AL. People may start doubting her and may not see it as an achievement. Instead of seeing it as a Peace Prize, they may see it as an Appeasement Prize.

Just beacuse someone else got the Indira award for some other purpose does not mean Hasina and her govt is not getting it for being loyal indian stooge. Take your stupid circular argument else where, we have no stomach for it.

i don't think most of the bangladeshi(not from the forum) donot agree with you *** they elected her.:undecided:

i don't think most of the bangladeshi(not from the forum) donot agree with you *** they elected her.:undecided:

That frail indian line "they elected her" has been debunked many times before and I would not repeat that in this thread again. But more india keep thinking on that line better it is for Bangladeshis.

What is the criteria for being nominated for the prize and what what has Miss Hasina done to be nominated?

I can make 365 ideas in 365 days. Like Vision 2021, Digital Bangladesh etc. I can make plan for BD to overcome poverty or I can speak for democracy or give lot ideas for the development of BD. Would I get a peace price also?

Also I believe that there are lot of people, even BD members in the forum are able to make many idea like Vision 2021, Digital Bangladesh. So ideas like Like Vision 2021, Digital Bangladesh are not big brain child. Many brain child are rolling in the streets like Vision 2021, Digital Bangladesh.

What is the criteria for being nominated for the prize and what what has Miss Hasina done to be nominated?

Well looks like 2009 changed everything. One can get Nobel peace prize just by talking and making empty and hollow promises let alone Indira Gandhi peace prize.

From now on , who talks more will get the prize :victory::victory:

NO you wont get a peace prize for that, not even a piece price.. :lol:

But you may if you could sell your ideas to the people of Bangladesh and get elected to the office of prime ministry. ;)

Well looks like 2009 changed everything. One can get Nobel peace prize just by talking and making empty and hollow promises let alone Indira Gandhi peace prize.

From now on , who talks more will get the prize :victory::victory:

Than I shall start working right away. May I might end up receiving the next years award.

Back
Top Bottom