What's new

Sheikh Hasina chosen for Indira Gandhi Peace Prize

So anyone deserve any prize associate with his name should be that type of man or woman. I think Sheikh Hasina is not like that. So the prize loose its value.[/COLOR]

Sir, Its "Indira Gandhi award" .. not "Mahatma Gandhi".
Personally , i think nobody gives a damn about this award, but here is what wikipedia says :

The award is accorded annually by India to individuals or organizations in recognition of creative efforts toward promoting international peace, development and a new international economic order; ensuring that scientific discoveries are used for the larger good of humanity, and enlarging the scope of freedom

so, its not confined to PEACE as we say in traditional terms.

Last edited:
Stumper,change the light green colour please,it nearly blinded me man.

Last edited:
let her got the prize bro atleast she got not spend from BD.lol

This will ultimately hurt Hasina's perception at home rather than promote it.

Lol I know if today India confers the same to Zardari, he'd be toast :D

Hehe, India's testing its new political weapon :D

ohh damn even with a little award there is attachment .india is best businessman ever.

This will ultimately hurt Hasina's perception at home rather than promote it.

Lol I know if today India confers the same to Zardari, he'd be toast :D

Hehe, India's testing its new political weapon :D

IMO, Its a tactical error, on part of New Delhi. The hawks in BD will use this as a "support evidence" in future mud-slinging.

Another official Indian seal of approval for Hasina and her Awami govt for being loyal indian stooge.

Barak Obama got Nobel prize. Does it make the USA or him a stooge of the Swedes? Or is Mr. Yunus a spy of the Swedes?

IMO, Its a tactical error, on part of New Delhi. The hawks in BD will use this as a "support evidence" in future mud-slinging.

I agree with you.
Sheikh Hasina probably thought that this time she should not look too attached to India,as the general public don't take that nicely,refering to 2001 election.And there is the opposition,which will use this for their advantage.

So the net result is a bad one for Sheikh Hasina.

I agree with you.
Sheikh Hasina probably thought that this time she should not look too attached to India,as the general public don't take that nicely,refering to 2001 election.And there is the opposition,which will use this for their advantage.

So the net result is a bad one for Sheikh Hasina.

One more Emotional decision by MMS (after the debacle in egypt). Anyway, any hopes of the transit for us goes down the drain with this.No way, will hassina be able to defend herself if she even thinks about negotiating on the transit.

On personal note, im proud of having him as the PM. But he bypasses his advisors sometime's... creating a embarrassing situation for the team.

One more Emotional decision by MMS (after the debacle in egypt). Anyway, any hopes of the transit for us goes down the drain with this.No way, will hassina be able to defend herself if she even thinks about negotiating on the transit.

On personal note, im proud of having him as the PM. But he bypasses his advisors sometime's... creating a embarrassing situation for the team.

Is the Indira Gandhi Prize given by the GoI? Is there not a Committee behind this award, as it is with Nobel Prize?

Well PM Hasina is not the first Bangladeshi to recive thsi award. Muhammed Yunus (defnitely one of the most intelligent people in the sub continent today) also recieved this prize. I doubt this would really affect her reputation except among the fanatic right wing groups.

What really matters is what GoI gives to Sheikh Hasina as part of the India-Bangladesh meet in December. Particularly related to trade and investment.

I doubt the committee is directly linked to the government. Its under the Indira Gandhi Memorial Trust which is an NGO. But there will be a strong Congress party influence in the panel.

Back
Top Bottom