5ea2bc15gy1ftt1q94gsfj21kw11yhdu.jpg
5ea2bc15gy1ftt1qaxg4wj21kw11yhdu.jpg
5ea2bc15gy1ftt1qb5z22j21kw11xkjm.jpg
5ea2bc15gy1ftt1qa3t6hj21kw11yqv6.jpg
5ea2bc15gy1ftt1qca4ixj21kw11ye82.jpg
5ea2bc15gy1ftt1q9qddyj21ae0ux1kx.jpg
5ea2bc15gy1ftt1qg7rgbj21kw11xnpg.jpg
5ea2bc15gy1ftt1qkbtz9j21kw11xhdy.jpg

Possibly the first images of the J-15B, rumored to have an AESA radar, CATOBAR-compatible gear, PL-10 & PL-15 missiles, and other possible upgrades. Photos are from a recently published video of a J-15 unit during day-night combat training.

View attachment 532464

Courtesy of huitong: https://www.weibo.com/5596911390/HbIgYwbNy

I must admit, I'm a sceptical, at least from this image: what makes him to assume these are a J-15B and J-15T?
Maybe I miss a certain detail - at least I cannot spot the catapult bar and the new radar is covered - but isn't it much more likely that these two are just ordinary prototypes at Huangdicun? Also, do we have any reports about a restarted production of J-15s of any kind at SAC??

My point is, that the sole J-15T prototype is known already in grey with the number 571 and that there are still several regular yellow one even with calibration markings still flying at Huangdicun. So until we have no better clearer images I think they are more likely ordinary prototypes.

I must admit, I'm a sceptical, at least from this image: what makes him to assume these are a J-15B and J-15T?
Maybe I miss a certain detail but isn't it much more likely that these two are just ordinary prototypes at Huangdicun?
My point is, that the sole J-15T prototype is known already in grey with the number 571 and that there are still several regular yellow one even with calibration markings still flying at Huangdicun.

I agree that the labeled jet cannot be a J-15T since the known prototype is already painted in grey.

I think he suspects that these are the J-15B due to them being in yellow primer, indicative of a freshly-built airframe, and that the time is appropriate for the J-15B to make an appearance considering that the PLAN's two aircraft carriers are almost all in service.

I agree that the labeled jet cannot be a J-15T since the known prototype is already painted in grey.

I think he suspects that these are the J-15B due to them being in yellow primer, indicative of a freshly-built airframe, and that the time is appropriate for the J-15B to make an appearance considering that the PLAN's two aircraft carriers are almost all in service.

But again:

-AFAIK we have no reports from SAC that production of any J-15 variant started
- we know there are several yellow painted regular J-15s at Huangdicun
- at least from this grainy image no certain details for the catapult bar are visible

... so why assuming a factory fresh rumoured J-15B if really no specific details gives any hint to it or even more likely explanations can be found?

is the J-15 still under construction or is China focusing on other Shenyang, Chengdu models?

Back
Top Bottom