What's new

Shenyang J-15 aircraft carrier-based aircraft

You mean the TWO-SEATER CF-18Bs?

Please note that Canada does not have any lead in fighter trainers or advanced jet trainers like the L-15 or JL-9.

I did not say that the J-15 will be specifically used for training. Newly graduated pilots could start on the J-15 to get used to flying on a real carrier while the more advanced aircraft are reserved for senior pilots.

Please note that Canada does not have any lead in fighter trainers or advanced jet trainers like the L-15 or JL-9.

I did not say that the J-15 will be specifically used for training. Newly graduated pilots could start on the J-15 to get used to flying on a real carrier while the more advanced aircraft are reserved for senior pilots.

J-15 can be used for pilot certification flights on day and night carrier landing, also for "buddy inflight refueling" training. Night landing on deck is the most dangerous. Certification flights need not have an instructor onboard the aircraft as the pilot should be already well trained.

J-15 can be used for pilot certification flights on day and night carrier landing, also for "buddy inflight refueling" training. Night landing on deck is the most dangerous. Certification flights need not have an instructor onboard the aircraft as the pilot should be already well trained.

We do not know if the J-15 possesses buddy refueling capability yet.

We do not know if the J-15 possesses buddy refueling capability yet.

I hope PLAN will seriously develop this capability because it is common for aircraft to run low in fuel after returning from a long mission from carrier, if the weather or accident onboard carrier does not permit immediate deck landing, inflight refuel becomes critical.

I hope PLAN will seriously develop this capability because it is common for aircraft to run low in fuel after returning from a long mission from carrier, if the weather or accident onboard carrier does not permit immediate deck landing, inflight refuel becomes critical.

It is possible that they do have this capability but just haven't demonstrated it yet.

Another concern would be the relatively low number of tankers that the PLAAF currently fields.

Currently PLA/NAF fighters would be able to operate for regional defense without tankers. If the Air Force is to expand its role internationally, I have no doubt they could build a tanker variant of the Y-20.

728d1ba975daef89d6fd5da8f6424709.jpg

9af2bdda49c588d041cf11a4c4c9882b.jpg

beeabfa1593825d8206d6363bcb579e0.jpg

c1360bd86be07b73129c9b552e3e8948.jpg

better than anything innovative india produces.

Sir,i think it looks like sukhois there is nothing new innovative.
But still you have some changes in it so may be it can be better than mkis and j-11.
We would love to compare them with super sukhois which will come in 2012..
waiting for it..

Back
Top Bottom