What's new

Shenyang J-15 aircraft carrier-based aircraft

Unfortunately these reports are nothing when compared to the information given by military insiders and the defense companies themselves.

- The AESA on the J-11B, not all of which have been retrofitted, are developed by the 607 institute and is the same model as the one installed on the J-15 and J-16

- It features 1760 T/R modules

- It can track a 0.4 m^2 target from 280 km away, meaning that it will be able to detect a 1 m^2 target from 450 km away or detect a 0.1 m^2 target from 250 km away

- Anything with a grey randome means that it has an AESA radar

- The test pilot of the J-10, Lei Qiang, said that the J-15 uses an AESA radar

- The idea that China relies on Russia for radar systems is absurd since they have had far more experience than the Russians in AESA radars and have deployed and developed far more models

Buddy judging by Flankers nose, 1200 T/R for an ESA is at most. In your own museum there's this ESA called PPAR (PASSIVE PHASED ARRAY RADAR) used on J10B.

x3trN.jpg

J10B

27_130453_8458b7d657ecfcc.jpg

o2XRe.jpg

pRqOP.jpg

Antennas NEVER exist on AESA. The IFF are counterintutive to a AESA design who use radiations being controlled via gallium arsenide nodes than thses Fishhooks.

EXAMPLE :

AESA

F22

APG-77-1A.jpg

OLD PIC

F35

hero_AN-10137.jpg

RAFALE AESA

laad09_19.jpg

ZHUK AESA

zhuk_ae_mig.jpg

NOW PESA

BARS N011M

Irkut-Su-30MKI-BARS-1.jpg

Buddy judging by Flankers nose, 1200 T/R for an ESA is at most. In your own museum there's this ESA called PPAR (PASSIVE PHASED ARRAY RADAR) used on J10B.

x3trN.jpg

J10B

27_130453_8458b7d657ecfcc.jpg

o2XRe.jpg

pRqOP.jpg

Antennas NEVER exist on AESA. The IFF are counterintutive to a AESA design who use radiations being controlled via gallium arsenide nodes than thses Fishhooks.

False. The number of T/R modules not only depends on randome size, but also the packing design of the radar. The AESA on the J-10B already has 1150 T/R modules, and since the competing company is the one building the radar for the J-16, 1760 T/R modules is not unreasonable at all.

Here are some documents from the institute that built the J-10B's AESA, the 14th institute. Both military insiders and company papers prove that it's an AESA.

2713597603460e57e90daca.gif

27135976e80062f76c39146.gif

27135976c43636fece03a67.gif

Israeli AESA radars DO have antennas; they are not uncommon at all.

@SinoSoldier:

Why do you bother with these Indians for?

They think that just because they have failed to build up an indigenous defence industry, then China must also do the same. The other reason why they downplay China's achievement is through sheer jealously. Just one look at the state of China's cities when compared to an Indian city and you can see the massive difference in levels of development between the two countries.

A nation that is unable to build an economy will naturally fail when it comes to technology as well. Only reason why India has been able to succeed in a few areas is due to the huge size of the India population and nothing else.

India is so badly run that it even makes BD look good - note that even though BD became independent a quarter of a century after India, the two countries GDP/capita is now almost equal. BD is now only 100 dollars below India and the Indians had an extra 24 year HEADSTART.:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Chinese Deploy Superior Avionics (article)
August 17, 2007: China is touting the advanced electronics in their new J10A fighter. The J10A is using an Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) radar. AESA systems consist of thousands of tiny radars that make it possible to track many different targets simultaneously. China claims the J10A radar can track ten targets at once, and attack four of them simultaneously (with long range missiles). China has revealed other military AESA radars recently, indicating years of intense research and development in this area.

zLmvc.jpg

Above text in museum mentions a PESA radar having ability to target 10 and engage 4. Since 2008 was year of testing doesn't it make it obvious? Also I have been through numerous sources but I have seen only gallium arsenide arrays. The radar in museum PPAR and picture seem to match otherwise for J10B.

I believe the AESA is this , nodes appear to similar to ZHUK AE under trials so good job there :

1324644395_11787.jpg

@SinoSoldier:

Why do you bother with these Indians for?

They think that just because they have failed to build up an indigenous defence industry, then China must also do the same. The other reason why they downplay China's achievement is through sheer jealously. Just one look at the state of China's cities when compared to an Indian city and you can see the massive difference in levels of development between the two countries.

A nation that is unable to build an economy will naturally fail when it comes to technology as well. Only reason why India has been able to succeed in a few areas is due to the huge size of the India population and nothing else.

India is so badly run that it even makes BD look good - note that even though BD became independent a quarter of a century after India, the two countries GDP/capita is now almost equal. BD is now only 100 dollars below India and the Indians had an extra 24 year HEADSTART.:lol:

Boeing_P8.jpg

Saab will increase sourcing from India - The Times of India

We have advanced in light years compared to you Jaamatis. That's why your own govt. is vanquishing you like ants.

India

$1.824 trillion (nominal) 10th; 2012)
$4.684 trillion (PPP: 3rd; 2012)

Bangladesh

$153.6 billion (nominal; 2012 est.)
$306 billion (PPP; 2012 est.)

I came here to seek knowledge. What is your merit here? Earn some face first.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chinese Deploy Superior Avionics (article)
August 17, 2007: China is touting the advanced electronics in their new J10A fighter. The J10A is using an Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) radar. AESA systems consist of thousands of tiny radars that make it possible to track many different targets simultaneously. China claims the J10A radar can track ten targets at once, and attack four of them simultaneously (with long range missiles). China has revealed other military AESA radars recently, indicating years of intense research and development in this area.

zLmvc.jpg

Above text in museum mentions a PESA radar having ability to target 10 and engage 4. Since 2008 was year of testing doesn't it make it obvious? Also I have been through numerous sources but I have seen only gallium arsenide arrays. The radar in museum PPAR and picture seem to match otherwise for J10B.

I believe the AESA is this , nodes appear to similar to ZHUK AE under trials so good job there :

1324644395_11787.jpg

Using an article from 2007 that claims the J-10A uses AESA... LOL seriously?

Let us use current exchange rates and you will see Indian GDP/capita is at 1100 dollars compared to around 1000 dollars for BD. 2012 is meaningless now.

You have an extra 100 dollars with a 24 year headstart over BD. India has now proved that economically it still cannot get it's economic act together after nearly 70 years of independence.

Funny seeing a clueless newbie like yourself questioning me as you have just shown you do not know what you are talking about.

Now rather than posting out of date stats and meaningless pictures with Indian "contribution" to a foreign plane, please show me how I am wrong on any of the assertions i have made about India.

I really look forward to any Indian here trying to prove that India is as well run economically as BD has been since independence.

What do you mean Jaamati? You have a 1tn$ economy at the least? 5tn$ PPP stats? Infact your economy has junk bond stats.
My maid here in Delhi is Bangladeshi and she tells me about the shitty environment and job oppurtunities in her country. She lives in a slum on the outskirts.

Using an article from 2007 that claims the J-10A uses AESA... LOL seriously?

The article was an interview with the guy who heads Nanjing 14 institute. That was approximately the time J10B was under trials/development. The stats he gave were 10 / 2. The PESA placard in museum says so too, shape of radar also matches. Thus one can see it is an ESA but of PESA type. Russian and swedish radars also use IFF probes but Western ones uses gallium arsenide array beams to navigate, which is why despite IBRIS -E performance, it remains PESA or hybrid ESA. The AESA set up on pic 2 is intended as the main model for J20. I follow these developments so I can make out with relative comfort. J15 may uses ZHUK model MSE or Pero radar or a bigger ESA derivative based on the PPAR.

India also has several ESA setups but for one to be fit into a fighter one truly requires proper T/R nodes to give output at 20KW peak to build a proper AESA array.

inrad001.jpg

PESA FIGHTER PROTOTYPE 2003

Can you show me some radar development for J15 , (no schematics please) ?

Can you Jaamatis sanction the world's largest food security program? Despite congress trying to take credit. It is already in access to all poor (24% of population currently). Regarding mobile phones 60% of Indians have 1. Change it every 1 1/2 years and buy 130 million+ handsets from a hundred different companies.

Regarding GDP leave it alone, see your figure it's like 10 times less in every thing than us. In PPP terms your country is 15 times less than us. So "Nijer Aukaad e thaka apna jono bhalo hobe. Aslam Miyar bari te theke rajmoholer shopno dekchen!"

BD has a safety net that is part of every year's budget and that is pegged at an affordable 2% of GDP. It is not like the Indian way of unaffordable Indian pre-election giveaways solely designed to help the governing party to get back into power. In BD, it is a annual expenditure that is supported by both the BNP and the Awami League and has no other motive than to help people who would otherwise starve.

I kindly now ask Indians to stop bragging about dominating the Indian Ocean with a Navy that they cannot afford to import and this fantasy of millions of illegal BD immigrants in their dirt-poor country.

Plz tell me why buy Rafale without thrust vector engine?

Because rafale is not a air superiority fighter and we were looking for a multirole fighter with higher ground attack capabilities.

J15 is far superior than Mig29k, be it loading, electronic configuration, weapon system, range. I mean it's kind of platform Indian want in their dream.

Their INS Vickey Mouse is too small to fill with SU-33/J-15.. Even CV-16 Liaoning is barely enough such huge fighter if need to fill a few decent squadron of fighter. A Kitty Hawk size will be at least the benchmark.

The article was an interview with the guy who heads Nanjing 14 institute. That was approximately the time J10B was under trials/development. The stats he gave were 10 / 2. The PESA placard in museum says so too, shape of radar also matches. Thus one can see it is an ESA but of PESA type. Russian and swedish radars also use IFF probes but Western ones uses gallium arsenide array beams to navigate, which is why despite IBRIS -E performance, it remains PESA or hybrid ESA. The AESA set up on pic 2 is intended as the main model for J20. I follow these developments so I can make out with relative comfort. J15 may uses ZHUK model MSE or Pero radar or a bigger ESA derivative based on the PPAR.

India also has several ESA setups but for one to be fit into a fighter one truly requires proper T/R nodes to give output at 20KW peak to build a proper AESA array.

inrad001.jpg

PESA FIGHTER PROTOTYPE 2003

Can you show me some radar development for J15 , (no schematics please) ?

Guess what, the papers on the radar were released by the 14th institute themselves. The documents that talked about the larger AESA radars were from the 607th institute, which is a competitor to the 14th institute. The documents clearly stated that the radar was in fact an AESA and so did the insiders who work in the military.

Once again, the 14th institute did build a PESA, but it lost out to the AESA when bidding for the radar contract.

And once more again, an AESA can have an antenna but it doesn't have to. The Israeli ones do have antennae.

There was no placard that said it was PESA. The placard simply stated that it was a phased array radar. The company papers and later military insiders proved that it was an AESA.

Back
Top Bottom