What's new

Shia-Sunni riots in Kashmir, India

indian_jigar

BANNED
Reaction score
Curfew continued in parts of Srinagar on Thursday, a day after sectarian clashes in some parts of the city, police said.

Curfew had been imposed in nine police station areas, including Lal Bazar, Nigeen, Safakadal and Rainawari. On Wednesday, some groups of Shia and Sunni Muslims clashed in the Hawal area of old city Srinagar. The rioters had also resorted to pelting stones on police who intervened to bring the situation under control.

"Curfew has been imposed as a preventive measure to maintain law and order in these areas," a police officer said.

Contingents of police and paramilitary Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) in riot gear have been deployed to enforce the restrictions in the affected areas.

Traffic intersections and main roads have been barricaded by coils of concertina wire.

"Since today (Thursday) morning no untoward incident has been reported from anywhere in the city," the officer added.

There was tension even in areas not under curfew as reports of the clashes spread. Authorities have also mounted vigil in other towns and villages of the Kashmir Valley with a mix of Shia-Sunni population.

Educational institutions, banks, post offices, businesses and other routine activities were also affected.

The Kashmir University has postponed all the examinations scheduled on Thursday.

Source: Curfew imposed in parts of Srinagar after clashes - Hindustan Times

First the Sunnis dont allow the Shias to do Muharram in Kashmir , and now this. Truly disgusting, whats going on there in Kashmir?

We need to stop importing the Pakistani brand of sectarian issues into India
:angry:

Please understand that as long we remain in this state of limbo regarding J&K, the isolation will breed this sort of radicalization.

We need to dilute and completely swamp J&K demographically.

Send in private industry and state machinery.

Make each Valley Kashmiri live cheek by jowl with an out of state Indian.

Then 2.

Then 3.

Please understand that as long we remain in this state of limbo regarding J&K, the isolation will breed this sort of radicalization.

Then 2.

Then 3.

Too bad our leaders dont have any balls to actually make any decisions for the good of the country, just pleasing their votebanks.

Forget Congress, I dont think even BJP will be able to force the issue of national integration of Kashmiris. Mind you, thats something that has been carried out pretty well on the Pakistani side by allowing people from other Pak states to settle in Pak occupied Kashmir.

Too bad our leaders dont have any balls to actually make any decisions for the good of the country, just pleasing their votebanks.

Forget Congress, I dont think even BJP will be able to force the issue of national integration of Kashmiris. Mind you, thats something that has been carried out pretty well on the Pakistani side by allowing people from other Pak states to settle in Pak occupied Kashmir.

Thats false. I, an ethnic Kashmiri, can't buy land in Kashmir because I'm not a national of AJK or a domicile holder of the GB ! And I can't take up that nationality or that domicile despite belonging to the same ethnic make-up. You guys really should tone down on the completely unsubstantiated things you come up with.

Thats false. I, an ethnic Kashmiri, can't buy land in Kashmir because I'm not a national of AJK or a domicile holder of the GB ! And I can't take up that nationality or that domicile despite belonging to the same ethnic make-up. You guys really should tone down on the completely unsubstantiated things you come up with.

he was talking about gilgit-baltistan area. it is also part of j&k in whole.

Then 2.

Then 3.

Chinese tried that in Xinjiang and have more trouble than before.

What is Omar Abdullah (Chief of J&K talking about when he says that Kashmiri demography and geography has been artificially tinkered with in the Pkaistani side?) Start watching at 6:30

Last edited by a moderator:
Chinese tried that in Xinjiang and have more trouble than before.

Then move them out lock stock and barrel elsewhere while we get the state under control and the economy moving.

They can be repatriated after a generation or so of mainstreaming.

What is Omar Abdullah (Chief of J&K talking about when he says that Kashmiri demography and geography has been artificially tinkered with in the Pkaistani side?) Start watching at 6:30

I've listened to his interview with Wajahat Khan before ! Hes talking about the same unsubstantiated crap that you guys are in habit of throwing at us & then whipping up a media frenzy on it; show me the facts & the figures to substantiate whatever you assert because I live here & they refused to give my Grand Dad AJK nationality because he didn't have any documentary evidence to prove that he was from Khreu (a village near the hill resort town of Gulmarg - near Sri nagar) & the fact that he has relatives who are AJK nationals, relatives who are IOK nationals & is a Butt wasn't enough.

I've listened to his interview with Wajahat Khan before ! Hes talking about the same unsubstantiated crap that you guys are in habit of throwing at us & then whipping up a media frenzy on it; show me the facts & the figures to substantiate whatever you assert because I live here & they refused to give my Grand Dad AJK nationality because he didn't have any documentary evidence to prove that he was from Khreu (a village near the hill resort town of Gulmarg - near Sri nagar) & the fact that he has relatives who are AJK nationals, relatives who are IOK nationals & is a Butt wasn't enough.
@Armstrong

That means you are an Indian Butt.

What are you doing on the other side?

Back
Top Bottom