What's new

Shireen Mazari quits PTI, active politics ( rumor: Shah Mehmmod Qurashi leaving, will call press conference)

While I am not necessarily a great fan of her, it is a fact that she is one of the few self-made women politicians in the subcontinent (unlike those who have made it by virtue of family etc). It is certainly not a good omen for politics in the subcontinent,

Regards
She is professor at Qaid e azam University on IR. She also taught these Generals at Command and Staff College. One of late journalist Arshad Shairf was her student. Taught at civil services training institute.

I think we all know the reason behind her quitting politics

She is arrested, the PM is unaware of her arrest, the CM vouched that she is not arrested by Punjab police, the IG Punjab is unaware of her arrest and yet the Punjab police has arrested her.

The court orders for her immediate release,, she is released from the prison cell and arrested again near the exit door so technically they followed the orders of the court. The Punjab police once again is not sure if they arrested her and yet she is in the custody of Punjab police.

I think last year she was arrested and the Islamabad High Court intervened and order her to be released immediately… but it pissed off many people at that time who wanted to see her behind the cell. The original case against her was a property related matter of 50 years ago when she was probably a teenager or in her early 20s…

her husband died few months ago.. her daughter is also being harassed and she is about 70 years old now with various health conditions so why stay in politics and spend the rest of her life in misery.

I think she took the right decision at this time. She could come back and join politics if PTI comes back to power and there is nobody to harass her anymore.

I think she felt let down by IK.
She is personally targeted by some men in the military

She can fight the dirty politicians in the parliament but how will she fight the only patriotic people of Pakistan. Speaking against them equates to rebellion against the state and blindly agreeing with them is called patriotism but what do you do when you know something is not right and yet you cannot be patriotic anymore?

Quitting is a good option for her in my opinion

I think we all know the reason behind her quitting politics

She is arrested, the PM is unaware of her arrest, the CM vouched that she is not arrested by Punjab police, the IG Punjab is unaware of her arrest and yet the Punjab police has arrested her.

The court orders for her immediate release,, she is released from the prison cell and arrested again near the exit door so technically they followed the orders of the court. The Punjab police once again is not sure if they arrested her and yet she is in the custody of Punjab police.

I think last year she was arrested and the Islamabad High Court intervened and order her to be released immediately… but it pissed off many people at that time who wanted to see her behind the cell. The original case against her was a property related matter of 50 years ago when she was probably a teenager or in her early 20s…

her husband died few months ago.. her daughter is also being harassed and she is about 70 years old now with various health conditions so why stay in politics and spend the rest of her life in misery.

I think she took the right decision at this time. She could come back and join politics if PTI comes back to power and there is nobody to harass her anymore.
1684845603100.png

While I am not necessarily a great fan of her, it is a fact that she is one of the few self-made women politicians in the subcontinent (unlike those who have made it by virtue of family etc). It is certainly not a good omen for politics in the subcontinent,

Regards

Well, she's not exactly a self-made person, she comes from a feudal background and the privileged class. She actually has never won any elections on her own. Instead, she has been appointed twice to a special seat reserved for women, (and then appointed a minister). Before entering politics, she was the head of the Institute of Strategic Studies. But she had a falling out with the PPP government when they called for a UN-led investigation into Benazir's assassination. She strongly disagreed with this idea and ended up getting sacked by the government. After her dismissal in 2008, she joined PTI but later resigned, only to rejoin in 2013. Surprisingly, she was given a seat in the National Assembly that same year, despite internal protests within the party about her lack of merit, probably she used her feudal background and connections in the civil and military spheres to secure that position, without having gone through any significant political struggle before being "rewarded".

Irrespective of any defenses put forth for her, a political leader who is unable to withstand and resist pressure does not demonstrate the qualities deserving of leadership. Despite enjoying the privileges of being a minister for an extended period, she was unable to endure a few days of incarceration.

I am not sad she walk away , I am sad , the way she is forced to walk away ... Freedom for all.
Two women have the highest respect Mrs Mazari and Dr Yasmeen . Who still fighting on two fronts. Cancer and Prison.

Looks like end of PTI if senior members are being forced to leave. To hell with PDM and its handlers.

I won't be sad if Dr Yasmeen leave PTI. Her medical condition is not good. Under constant cancer treatment.

Looks like end of PTI if senior members are being forced to leave. To hell with PDM and its handlers.
No , they are making PTI Immortal. They only destroying the most educated class. In last few month 13 lakh educated class/skilled people left Pakistan.

When good time will return they will get back into PTI in no time. That 'good time' will take up 2 years since military relations won't last good with anyone be it PMLN, PPP and now PTI. Mark my words after Asim Munir, IK will come back into power strongly and this very same military will back him blindly.

Looks like

There will be citizens (excluding the khota biryani khor)..

Corrupt politicians and their police judges and bureaucracy etc.

And patriot jarnail

The last two will have nothing to do with the first one and the first one ultimately will lead to demise of the last two.

I am not sure if this is being done by Hazrat Syed Asim (RA) Sahib or by PDM or by both, but these politicians quitting one by one is making them both look good bad not domestically (they never cared about that) but internationally.

I thought they were corrupt and egoistic, but I never thought they are this much stupid.

They call press conference read same page , like all others who quit.

Well, she's not exactly a self-made person, she comes from a feudal background and the privileged class. She actually has never won any elections on her own. Instead, she has been appointed twice to a special seat reserved for women, (and then appointed a minister). Before entering politics, she was the head of the Institute of Strategic Studies. But she had a falling out with the PPP government when they called for a UN-led investigation into Benazir's assassination. She strongly disagreed with this idea and ended up getting sacked by the government. After her dismissal in 2008, she joined PTI but later resigned, only to rejoin in 2013. Surprisingly, she was given a seat in the National Assembly that same year, despite internal protests within the party about her lack of merit, probably she used her feudal background and connections in the civil and military spheres to secure that position, without having gone through any significant political struggle before being "rewarded".

Irrespective of any defenses put forth for her, a political leader who is unable to withstand and resist pressure does not demonstrate the qualities deserving of leadership. Despite enjoying the privileges of being a minister for an extended period, she was unable to endure a few days of incarceration.
Or let's say she studied at some of the top universities of the world (London School of Economics and Columbia University) and has taught countless diplomats of Pakistan working in both Internal and Foreign affairs. She is influential because she has high-ranked students everywhere in the bureaucracy. If you stop reading her Wikipedia page and look at the work on human rights she has done in Pakistan, she is the only politician I think of who is considered a pioneer for human rights work.

Jinnah soul must be ruing his decision to create Pakistan, swallowed by the military inc.

Turning in his grave, with close to a million people killed on both sides of the border, whole families butchered, train loads of people killed, this is hardly the Pakistan he envisaged, nor the millions of people who migrated, leaving everything in pre partition India thought about this abysmal state of affairs.

Pray for some redemption, before it turns out to be a constant state of perdition.

Or let's say she studied at some of the top universities of the world (London School of Economics and Columbia University) and has taught countless diplomats of Pakistan working in both Internal and Foreign affairs. If you stop reading her Wikipedia page and look at the work on human rights she has done in Pakistan, she is the only politician I think of who is considered prominent for human rights work.

No one has denied her credentials and qualifications as a teacher, but that is beside the point. I am simply highlighting the fact that she has never actively engaged in any political struggle and instead relied on connections rather than merit to climb to the top, and now she has swiftly abandoned her position at the first sign of adversity.

Back
Top Bottom