What's new

Shiv Sena targets Shah Rukh Khan for backing Pak players

Shahrukh khan did not take any Pakistani in His team and is a fact period. He unnecessarily created controversy hoping other teams take them.

Shiv Sena's stand is well know nothing new in it and everybody is against Mumbai attackers and angry against Pakistan as people know attackers or so called non state actors came from there.

No need to give religious tinge to it.

its shiv sinha ho is giving religious trick sir

Actually not.. They are argueing against Pakistani players' inclusion and not muslim players.. As a matter of fact today they got a few of their muslim members to come and boycott SRK's movie

btw, I dont agree with Shiv Sena on this....

Shahrukh khan did not take any Pakistani in His team and is a fact period. He unnecessarily created controversy hoping other teams take them.

Shiv Sena's stand is well know nothing new in it and everybody is against Mumbai attackers and angry against Pakistan as people know attackers or so called non state actors came from there.

No need to give religious tinge to it.
Mumbai attack is only 1 year old (Dec 2008? ) but Shiv Sena's racist mentality is decades old. They used to destroy pitches before 1-2 days of Pakistan vs India match............. they just hate muslims

Aren't these the same guys who claimed the Ka'aba was theirs? Or was that some BJP party scandal.

Aren't these the same guys who claimed the Ka'aba was theirs? Or was that some BJP party scandal.

You will find these nuts everywhere.. The way they are going, they will soon reach their "Best By" date...

Mumbai attack is only 1 year old (Dec 2008? ) but Shiv Sena's racist mentality is decades old. They used to destroy pitches before 1-2 days of Pakistan vs India match............. they just hate muslims

Well don't religious parties in your country hate other minorities? Don't you want to award the same hatred to radical Islamic political parties? Now please don't give me the talk that there is no religious discrimination in your country. There is more intra-faith discontent in Pakistan than that of other minorities. The riots between Sunni and Shia, the discrimination against Ahmediyya sect of Muslims etc are small examples. In the other thread, I already mentioned to Freekin' about the exodus of 10,000 Sikhs and Hindus to India, in the last two years.

How many Muslims from India has Pakistan received in such scenarios? There has been no reports or citations of such incidents by any of the neutral groups. The rise of the right wing in India can be analyzed as a possible responsive retaliation to Pakistan's intolerance of minorities, therefore making both of your countries equally guilty

Therefore,both Pakistan and India should take the initiative to stop such incidents from happening.

Now coming to the main topic here, the party in question here has protested the allowing of Pakistani players in India. I don't see any religious connection here, unless you are somehow reading something more than nationality behind the sentence. If Pakistani citizens happen to be Muslims, how is it this party's fault? Celebrities are trying to make a name out of themselves by getting the limelight in wrong issues.

From what I have heard of my Indian colleagues here, this tournament in question is hosted by not the government but by private companies who auction and get to bid the players they seem fit. Therefore, it is very un-ethical for the Pakistani side to complain about politics since it is totally upto the private companies to decide who they can choose. If this was the opposite case with Indians as the spurned party, I would have said the same. There is no imposition of will by any government involvement and therefore it is an open call from whichever of your sporting agencies in question.

Judging by the animosity between your two countries, it is natural to expect such reactions from political/ social agencies in each of your countries. Either solve the enmity between each other or don't blame each other for such non-political topics as sports.

Last edited:
welll shiv sinha himself is nothing more than a nut he dont have guts to fight one on one

Why SRK? This guy not even muslim any more. He participate in puja and got mandir in his home. He should change his name.

Who cares wether he is a muslim or not.He is an Indian above all.Actually i respect SRK for not converting his wife and then forcing her to wear the Burqa .

Your thinking is similar to that of the Taliban.The taliban destroyed the Bamiyan Buddha which stood there for thousands of years as it was considered "Un- Islamic"

nonone going to call the cops becoz indian cops are made by shiv sinha and tell u what that thing what exposes india that it is not world's biggest demcracy until extremist people like thakra is there and tell u what there is no bigger don in the country than government and if govt have willl power to take out these extremist they do as pakistan is doing but seems like india dont have any balls to do it he is also threatning to christians and australians players noy i hope UNO will tag him as a extremist

Learn the spellings and the names properly.It's Thackrey not Thakra.
It's shiv Sena not Shiv Sinha.

You think SRK really appreciates people burning down his posters, threatening to burn cinemas and destroy private property, stopping his movie from being played in cinemas through threats and vandalism by Shiv Sena, you really think SRK needed all of that for his movie's promotion?

In other words blaming the victim for mischief. What an idiotic assertion.

You think SRK really appreciates people burning down his posters, threatening to burn cinemas and destroy private property, stopping his movie from being played in cinemas through threats and vandalism by Shiv Sena, you really think SRK needed all of that for his movie's promotion?

In other words blaming the victim for mischief. What an idiotic assertion.

That is part of Politics. Shahrukh should have taken Pakistani Players in his team and kept quite. He could have taken action instead of only statements.

As Indians we do not see Pakistani players as muslims or hindus or christians. We see them as cricketers from Pakistan. Shiv Sena, an Indian political party, believes rightly or wrongly that India as a country should have no ties with Pakistan, political, economic, cultural, or sporting, till the perpetrators of 26/11 have been brought to book. Some may argue that one should not mic sports with politics, some may say that when it comes to India and Pakistan, such sterile segregation is not possible. Be that as it may, the point here is that the entire issue here hinges on Pakistan as a nation and Pakistani as the national identity of the players in question. Where then does the issue of Muslims or Islam come into the picture? Why are our brothers from across the border so quick to jump to conclusions? A political party makes a political statement. Debate the right or wrong of it and leave religion out of it. What is so difficult about that? Look at the platforms Shiv Sena fights from. They speak about regional identity and pride and pander to narrow regional political sentiments and vote banks. That is the Shiv Sena and their place in the sun. They have never projected themselves with a Hindu identity nor have they ever raised the anti-muslim card. There is no Indian party that in today's India can do so and realistically expect to survive at even a regional level, leave alone a pan-India national stage. So my request to my Pakistani brothers and sisters here is to take some time to understand our politics and cultural ethos before jumping to snap judgements about the darker motivations of sections of our country. Peace.

Back
Top Bottom