What's new

Should democracy be scrapped in India?

Yes, great leap forward, cultural revolution. If Mao had been alive for another 15 years he would have wiped out half the population of China.

Let me tell you the other side of great leap forward, cultural revolution.

In great leap forward, China laid down its foundation of heavy industry. People analyze that this is why some 20 years later, China can be the world center of manufacture, but not India or other big poor country.

Culture revolution tells people how a full democracy would look like in China, thus not many people in China favor rambunctious democracy.

Mao can't live forever... don't put impossible if into secular discussion, which is a problem of (some) Indian imagination.

guys, why are we INDIANS even replying in this thread. we are patient people and we have lived good with the current form of Governance for over 66 years now and there is no need for us to explain some fool who like hawks wait for our downfall.

guys, why are we INDIANS even replying in this thread. we are patient people and we have lived good with the current form of Governance for over 66 years now and there is no need for us to explain some fool who like hawks wait for our downfall.

good current form gov? How good is it??

India high debt

High deficit trade

High inflation

High unemployment

Rupee falling to historically Low

India account for more poor people than in the 26 poorest African countries combined

That is fine, but once accustomed to democracy, it is hard to live under other forms of governance.

But your equation of no democracy = being a robot is a fallacy. I have never lived in China besides the few weeks per year on assignment, all the time I never had the feeling that the people I met are being oppressed or robotic. In fact, the society is vibrant and when I return to Germany the first thing I notice are the grey faces without smiles. We are so bloody rich and democratic and we should be much more happy than the Chinese I see in the public and privately.

Rightly said.

It is just wet dreams of foreigners to see India go on some crazy path of governance.

If Indians would have wanted to scrap democracy, they'd have done it by now !

India high debt

High deficit trade

High inflation

High unemployment

India account for more poor people than in the 26 poorest African countries combined

you do not deserve a reply.....

Fellow INDIANs this above post is an example of how you can be pulled into a drain in which this person is in with his foolish posts

you do not deserve a reply.....

Fellow INDIANs this above post is an example of how you can be pulled into a drain in which this person is in with his foolish posts

Data tell the truth. Did u read any newspapers in 2011 or 2012?

are you still living in your wet dream?

don't bury your head into sands

I feel so sorry for you.

India high debt

High deficit trade

High inflation

High unemployment

We are our own masters. A little hard for a CPC boot licker to understand.

India high debt

High deficit trade

High inflation

High unemployment

Ok Ok we will fall apart..dont get high BP making us realise our future..calm down man. :lol:

Let me tell you the other side of great leap forward, cultural revolution.

In great leap forward, China laid down its foundation of heavy industry. People analyze that this is why some 20 years later, China can be the world center of manufacture, but not India or other big poor country.

The great leap did squat . It was Deng's level headed policies that saved China.

Culture revolution tells people how a full democracy would look like in China, thus not many people in China favor rambunctious democracy.

Culture Revolution was Mao's ploy to get rid of his opponents in the party.

Data tell the truth. Did u read any newspaper in 2011 or 2012?

are you still living in your wet dream?

you bury your head into sands

I feel so sorry for you.
Thanks for making us realize that we are a poor nation, so kindly stop your ranting and get back to the topic.
we are happy to have our form of governance, which allows each individual to take the needed steps to do good for the society and to his/her own self.

you take care of your high life while we enjoy our low life by your standards :blah:

at least give some kind of proof before stating such nonsense......

A system is only feasible when it fits the mindset or culture (I generically call it social soil) of its constituents.

India does not have social soil for democracy, but perhaps for a kind of partial democracy. (BTW the same goes to China.)

Proof?

Please check out your countryman’s post and my comments below.

an advice from chinese on democracy is the last thing we need. Chinese are least eligible people to talk on democracy :hitwall:

This is typical caste ideology in working.

In caste system, one kind of people can talk/do only one kind thing. They are not allowed to talk/do something beyond their caste. They stratify people according to their race/blood/profession, etc. and confine them in that container.

According to this “democracy” guy, the Chinese fit into a caste level that is least fit to talk democracy. Perhaps, on the other hand, the Indians with cr@py democracy among those most fit to talk.

In a true democracy, everybody should participate in everything.

Götterdämmerung;2957077 said:
Indira Gandhi's State of Emergency should have been kept for at least two decades like SKorea's Park Chung-hee who turned this once dirt poor country into a modern state.

You are oblivious about what you are posting.

Back
Top Bottom