What's new

Should I get a PC or a PlayStation?

Get a console, your budget is not enough for a decent gaming pc. Also don't pirate please, xbox series s + xbox gamepass is a pretty budget friendly deal and the library would be huge.

That's good mang, except STALKER 2, due to the war, it might seriously impact their development.

Hope they get their shit together tho.

These games are mtx hell, man.
Just a warning.

If you do play them, it's better to buy or use a controller add-on or via bluetooth.
The war is certainly delaying the development of Stalker 2 but I am hopeful that the game will be successfully developed.

Get a PS5. Gaming PC you may never get the right specs.
sathya gya hai tu

So, I'm an old geezer in his 30s looking for a budget-oriented gaming 'machine' in around ~100-125k price range. I think it's the perfect time to play some games I've been meaning to play for the past decade or so! Plus, I'm also about to get married and I'm pretty sure I soon won't have the luxury of playing video games.

Now, here's the thing: I've never owned a console in my life!

I don't know how to play with a controller! However, I do appreciate the simplicity and ease of use of a console. I like the idea of just sitting back, relax, and then just click on a game and start playing right away. No fuss, no frustration, no drama.

Meanwhile, I've had several PCs which I built personally as I was a hardware buff in my teens.

My last "gaming PC" was an old Core 2 Quad Q6600 with 4GB of RAM and an Nvidia GTS250 1GB. Believe it or not, that thing was actually head and shoulders above the likes of PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. I played a number of games such as Fallout 3, New Vegas, Mass Effect Trilogy at a rock-solid 768p 60FPS whereas both PS3 and X360 ran them at like 30FPS locked. What else? It even managed to run GTA-V at a pretty solid ~45ish FPS.

With a PC, I'll most "definitely" be pirating games from the likes of FitGirl, R.G Mechanics, Dodi, you name it. I mean, why not, right?! However, I've no idea what kind of PC I should get. I'm thinking hexa-core with something like a 4GB GPU or something? Can someone guide me here as I'm a bit out of touch with the PC market.

As for the console, I'm considering the Xbox Series S as with an Xbox, you've the option to play your Xbox games on the PC (in case I do end up building a PC in the distant future, assuming I keep breathing) + there's also the Xbox Game Pass which sounds pretty good.

I'm also considering a PlayStation 4 Pro, which I can find brand new for around ~125k but then I won't have much dough left to buy games and other crap.

Any ideas?
ryzen 5 5600 16 gb ram, 512 gb ssd and a mid range gpu would be the ideal bang for the buck deal. forget ps

So, I'm an old geezer in his 30s looking for a budget-oriented gaming 'machine' in around ~100-125k price range. I think it's the perfect time to play some games I've been meaning to play for the past decade or so! Plus, I'm also about to get married and I'm pretty sure I soon won't have the luxury of playing video games.

I don't know how to play with a controller! However, I do appreciate the simplicity and ease of use of a console. I like the idea of just sitting back, relax, and then just click on a game and start playing right away. No fuss, no frustration, no drama.

Meanwhile, I've had several PCs which I built personally as I was a hardware buff in my teens.

My last "gaming PC" was an old Core 2 Quad Q6600 with 4GB of RAM and an Nvidia GTS250 1GB. Believe it or not, that thing was actually head and shoulders above the likes of PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. I played a number of games such as Fallout 3, New Vegas, Mass Effect Trilogy at a rock-solid 768p 60FPS whereas both PS3 and X360 ran them at like 30FPS locked. What else? It even managed to run GTA-V at a pretty solid ~45ish FPS.

With a PC, I'll most "definitely" be pirating games from the likes of FitGirl, R.G Mechanics, Dodi, you name it. I mean, why not, right?! However, I've no idea what kind of PC I should get. I'm thinking hexa-core with something like a 4GB GPU or something? Can someone guide me here as I'm a bit out of touch with the PC market.

As for the console, I'm considering the Xbox Series S as with an Xbox, you've the option to play your Xbox games on the PC (in case I do end up building a PC in the distant future, assuming I keep breathing) + there's also the Xbox Game Pass which sounds pretty good.

I'm also considering a PlayStation 4 Pro, which I can find brand new for around ~125k but then I won't have much dough left to buy games and other crap.

Any ideas?
You should get neither, The money your gonna spend on gaming pc, go around the country with you buddies, have fun, fool around, do things you haven't done, spend your money there, games ain't worth it or you can buy some good quality protein, hit the gym, get in good shape, games would the last one would want to do before marriage.

PC is very versatile and you can do more than just gaming.

Another great option is the Nintendo switch which can be jailbroken so that you can play your "legal backups" from your purchased game carts

Also I'd recommend Xbox over PS just because of the incredible value gamepass provides. It's also available for PC.

I own a Ryzen 5600x and 3070 PC and a Nintendo switch V1.

You should get neither, The money your gonna spend on gaming pc, go around the country with you buddies, have fun, fool around, do things you haven't done, spend your money there, games ain't worth it or you can buy some good quality protein, hit the gym, get in good shape, games would the last one would want to do before marriage.

I understand what you mean. However, there's one problem:

Me!

I suffer from Asperger's (with ADHD symptoms) and that means I struggle at interpreting social cues and have to wear a mask to pass off as 'socially acceptable.' I look normal enough but once people get close to me, they realize I'm... different.

It's like how rats know when a member of their herd gets sick. They just somehow 'sense' it and then kick the member out to save the colony. Same deal with me, heh!

Even as a kid, I knew there was something wrong with me. I used to stand in the corner of the playground, looking at other kids playing , socializing, and I'd be like:

How do they do it? What exactly am I missing? What do I do wrong?

Little did I know that I was trying to solve an emotional problem logically, like a mathematical equation but I digress.

Sorry about the rant!

Also I'd recommend Xbox over PS just because of the incredible value gamepass provides. It's also available for PC.

Damn, I didn't know Game Pass was available on PC.

That's good to know, thanks!

5500xt for that budget would be ok.

Isn't it more of a lower mid-range card, like the 1650 Super? I've been doing a lot of research lately and from what I'm seeing, you need at least a 5600XT or RTX2060 for 1080p gaming.

Get a PS5 and a Nintendo Switch. Consoles are dedicated machines to play games. PCS are not.

I understand what you mean. However, there's one problem:

Me!

I suffer from Asperger's (with ADHD symptoms) and that means I struggle at interpreting social cues and have to wear a mask to pass off as 'socially acceptable.' I look normal enough but once people get close to me, they realize I'm... different.

It's like how rats know when a member of their herd gets sick. They just somehow 'sense' it and then kick the member out to save the colony. Same deal with me, heh!

Even as a kid, I knew there was something wrong with me. I used to stand in the corner of the playground, looking at other kids playing , socializing, and I'd be like:

How do they do it? What exactly am I missing? What do I do wrong?

Little did I know that I was trying to solve an emotional problem logically, like a mathematical equation but I digress.

Sorry about the rant!

Damn, I didn't know Game Pass was available on PC.

That's good to know, thanks!

Isn't it more of a lower mid-range card, like the 1650 Super? I've been doing a lot of research lately and from what I'm seeing, you need at least a 5600XT or RTX2060 for 1080p gaming.
then increase your budget bro. but remember only go for pc, nothing else.

Any ideas?
Buy an old Xeon (4th/5th gen) workstation. That powerhouse will beat any console or modern PC by a huge margin with less costs. You will also save precious sweet sweet dollars from national economy and also good for the environment. So essentially killing 3 birds with a stone.

Those beasts are meant for business. Though the only issue you might face is loud fan noise and higher power consumption which I don't think would be a concern unless you play 12 hours a day.

Buy an old Xeon (4th/5th gen) workstation. That powerhouse will beat any console or modern PC by a huge margin with less costs. You will also save precious sweet sweet dollars from national economy and also good for the environment. So essentially killing 3 birds with a stone.

Those beasts are meant for business. Though the only issue you might face is loud fan noise and higher power consumption which I don't think would be a concern unless you play 12 hours a day.

mujahid bhai these xeons are trash nowadays . they r not comparable to ryzen or latest intel processors.

Back
Top Bottom