What's new

Should India Conduct an ASAT Test Now?

I think India should do the ASAT test asap b'coz there is a chance of formation of anti -ASAT grouping on the lines of NPT, when NPT came into effect, it legalized the nuclear weapons of 5 countries (USSR, USA, UK, France, China) which carried out the nuclear tests before the treaty came into effect, India losed out on this count since it did tests only after the treaty came into effect, which India is regretting till now. If any anti -ASAT grouping is formed it will legalized again the ASAT capabilities of nations which will be having it by than (Russia, US & China for sure) so if India want to join this grouping legally & with it's right to have ASAT weapons than it has to do the tests asap.

Space debris after asat r dangerous to big satellite and space station!
We still get help from international orgs. China is isolated in this, so they can afford.

We have the capability to do so, better not to show off.
i study 15 hours a day every day. I know everything. No need to appear for the exam

Short of the actual launch, DRDO should perform all preparations for the test. Anytime after that when the pakistan Army orders the next round of NATO truck burning session, or the Haqqani network manages to kill more than a Humvee full of NATO soldiers, it should go ahead, initiate the launch sequence.

No point testing it at a time when the developed nations have nothing else to outrage about. Outrage over death/destruction of their own would rob them of the energy to outrage over India.

i believe rather than starting one more new project we should first try to develop Agni V's SLBM version n finish of with nirbhay CM project rather than trying to shoot satellites down
n i as far as i remember Agni V can even launch mini Satellites
so we should first fully develop Agni V n master MIRV technique

already china has created enough derbies is space
so no point gathering international media when we already have the capabilities for ASAT:taz:

i think we should test it in lower orbit..that is a good idea..no space debris and we'll project our power..what say??but no need to perform an upper orbit test..

i think we should test it in lower orbit..that is a good idea..no space debris and we'll project our power..what say??but no need to perform an upper orbit test..
don't think it'll create much impact other than unnecessary attraction of international media for the following reasons:
1.Satellites in the lower orbit generally small satellites n don't carry much importance as every country maintains 10s of them as even if 1 or 2 of them r down others can still fulfill their requirements
2.But Satellites placed in higher orbit are generally used for dedicated communication purposes so even if one satellite gets down it will definitely affect the working of the the enemy

that why i would suggest rather than going for ASAT we should develop 10,000km Agni VI SLBM
it will provide us the leverage to even attack USofA.:devil:

don't think it'll create much impact other than unnecessary attraction of international media for the following reasons:
1.Satellites in the lower orbit generally small satellites n don't carry much importance as every country maintains 10s of them as even if 1 or 2 of them r down others can still fulfill their requirements
2.But Satellites placed in higher orbit are generally used for dedicated communication purposes so even if one satellite gets down it will definitely affect the working of the the enemy

that why i would suggest rather than going for ASAT we should develop 10,000km Agni VI SLBM
it will provide us the leverage to even attack USofA.:devil:

i just proposed to test them under lower orbit,not that they can't intercept higher orbit satellites..

well in coming 2 years we should have at least one test. But not this year, as we already tested A5.this might give shivers to many. Not a good diplomacy. But make it ready.

Let the economy pickup first and conduct a few more test of Agni V before we do a ASAT test in my view.

an ASAT test will surely alarm western nations more that our enemies ... and will hit Indian soft image in western nations which are key for our trade and diplomatic back up... India should wait a decade more for testing capabilities like ICBM, ASAT and further continuation of Nuclear Tests ... till our economy becomes critical to western interests so that even if they want they can not apply any sanctions..

i think we can test ASAT without actually testing it !

we can test an A5 routinely , but in addition to designated parameters , we can make it pass through a specific point in space (imagined satellite) , so we will kill two bird with one stone ! and nobody cries out against test ;)

Back
Top Bottom