What's new

Should pakistan increase the number of troops

No need. We would get our revenge soon enough.

One of the golden rules of war against a larger adversary is to increase the cost of an invasion for your adversary.

Pakistan military can either raise a full mountain corps in gilgit along with one in Hyderabad and one in Gwadar or can increase its naval and air arms.

If one is not mistaken, a limited tactical air force separate from others is also an option. Such a command provided ground cover for US troops in WW2.

Pakmil must also consider the approach of unified commands.

One of the golden rules of war against a larger adversary is to increase the cost of an invasion for your adversary.

Pakistan military can either raise a full mountain corps in gilgit along with one in Hyderabad and one in Gwadar or can increase its naval and air arms.

If one is not mistaken, a limited tactical air force separate from others is also an option. Such a command provided ground cover for US troops in WW2.

Pakmil must also consider the approach of unified commands.
Not sure if we need one corps size presence in gawadwer but one in hyderabad and one in gilgit(mountain) corps is must to defend

Sir , a good history reminder and good overall read ,I agree with u in general , But with all respect are u sure about the Read part, and even in current Geopolitical situations. its not 1999 or 2002.
If u look at Baluchistan , its borders and internal proxy war I don't think in future we will have same advantage, Right now we are engage in TWO front war on Borders (Afghans + India) and then an Internal Proxy war.
For a moment we have to think what if we are not able to move Quetta Corps on Indian Border? because of any reason.
Our FC is good but sadly right now they don't have enough numbers "men power and EQM" and training to fought a war on border(Afghan) and also take Proxies in Province.
As I said we need Mountain Corps , and upgrade some others . And we can add some more men power in Quetta or Bahawalpur Corps if needed.
On FC part , My disagreement is right now they don't have the capacity , If we build it then yes our Quetta Corps will do the same as it always done in History.

On a side Note: Sir do you think we will have enough time to deploy our Troops in Desert , When Indian Armour shoots in our Border , and we don't have enough force on border to stop them.
My guess is no we don't , that is Y we have Nasar .................................................... So Y not we Turn this No to Yes and release the Pressure of International Community about our Tactical Nukes .
Thank you
Sir,

Its going in a circular debate again. In some previous post, i have already made a list and numbers of few of the LEA's present in Baluchistan as well as in Pakistan. These LEA's take orders from Interior Ministry including FC, where as PA takes orders from GHQ. For its part in internal security problem, PA has made LCB's. Its one LCB unit attached with every Corps HQ. If you combine all LEA's present in Baluchistan, their numbers will be almost equal to 12 Corps troops numbers. LEA's are tasked with internal security problems where as a ground invasion of afghani or irani army is not on the cards.

The XI Corps in Peshawar has the same task,reinforcing the eastern border, so its expected that troops from both XI and XII corps will be used. Its not 1999 or 2002, but in 2008 incident, PA started moving troops from western borders to eastern borders. It might have been during that time that FC started modernising and the concept of LCB in PA initiated.

For defensive part, PA has enough troops deployed in desert to take on an Indian attack. Going on the offensive will not be easy. PA cannot match numerical superiority of IA even if you add 300,000 more troops thats why Nasr was inducted.

It would be a good idea to increase number of marines of PN and equip them with proper equipment to take on IA and cover southern flanks of 5 Corps especially from the creek. Pakistan Marines (PM) is almost a brigade strength. Its role is providing security to Naval installations including Air Defence. Adding two more brigades will make it a division strength will not only help in thwarting an indian amphibious attack from the creeks but also give Pakistan amphibious capability to launch atleast a limited attack from the water into Runn of kutch to flank Indian forces from the south.

Back
Top Bottom