What's new

Siachen conflict: To be or not to be

Hakikat ve Hikmet

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States
The IA Chief has recently signaled to Pak for the mutual troops withdrawal from Siachen provided Pak accepts the Indian claims. Now, it itself shows India has bitten more than she can swallow, especially by awakening the “sleeping giant”. Interestingly, all of her “adventures” are resulting in “diminishing returns” – the principal ones pertaining to China.

What’ll Pak do now? Will she go for it?

Pros:
  • Go for more negotiation for a more favorable outcome.
  • Reduce the cost in lives and coffers.
  • This may make room for more negotiation for the IOK.
  • Give a good mark-up to the Western audience for Pak's geo-economic strategies.
Cons:
  • Trust a snake before India.
  • Don’t disturb your enemy while she’s downhill, and your friend is uphill.
  • India can’t disturb CPEC via Siachen any longer.
  • Let Indian forces’ commitments get bigger and stretch further.

Bottom-line: The current Pak Chief is a lucky fellow. The next one will be luckier.

Gorelim MEVLA neyler
Neylerse guzel eyler

Let’s see what MEVLA has in store for us*
Whatever it is HE renders it auspicious

*Ehl-i Iman

Last edited:
Pakistan should agree for a mutual withdrawal once Indian troops leave siachen Pakistan captures all of siachen before Indians can even make sense of the situation. Do what they did to us in the 80s rn. We should make a joint pak China base in siachen so Indians won’t dare attack it then.
Or Pakistan should only accept Indias claim on siachen if it’s ready to give us Kargil or a more strategic area that overlooks supply lines to siachen because once india settles it’s disputes with China it’s going to attack us once again. Rn the enemy is weak we need to take full advantage of the situation and slowly start the process of liberating Indian occupied Jammu and Kashmir.

I do not think that Pakistan should agree to their 'along the watershed claim' which is what they are asking for. Also defending there claim is bleeding them in lives and money. If I am not mistaken it costs over a $1 billion over 3 years so approx. $330,000,000 per year.

enforcing a claim to this area is pointless as it has not habitable, they shot themselves in the foot when they went for it in the first place, now if they leave without an agreement and Pak soldiers go up there and take a few selfies and post online it will be really embarrassing for them and they just spent 38 years defending the area at a cost of $13 Billion and thousands of lives

Didn't they use to claim that it allows them to prevent Pak and China from doing a combined operation in the area, but that doesn't make sense to me, can someone else shed light on this?

Is Pakistan's claim that the boundary runs due North from NJ9842 or is it to Karakoram Pass
or are they both the same thing?

Sorry I've not really answered any of your questions

SIACHEN WAS PART OF PAKISTAN AND INDIA TOOK IT !! Which country with iota of self-respect would every agree to these Indian Basta.rds. These indian bastar.ds are now desperate because they are in a difficult position and that is why they want peace but ONLY ON THEIR OWN TERMS and only Temporarily!

But Looks like these Generals in Pakistan now saying that they don't want to fight, they like their DHA plots and houses, and that they would like to change their procurement to procuring more bangles.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom